Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The BUY+ Problem Still Exists

Quote Originally Posted by Chuyawa View Post
    The issue here is that BUY+ worlds are meant for players to trade items that the world corresponds to, not a one-way transaction wherein the owner actively prevents players from utilizing the trade mechanic.
    Who said that Buy+ worlds are trade worlds?

Buy+ worlds are how the owner wishes them to be.

If I place vends around the white door with no space for trading/socializing then I made it a vend world.

And as a World Owner, I can do any legal means necessary to strictly impose that it is a vend world. May it be tricksters, royal locks or whatever.

P.S. I don't own a Buy+ trade world. I'm making an example.

Yes they should fight through competition, but there is a fine line between a problem from a feature and intentional harm towards other players that is being crossed here.
    Intentional harm?

No, the world owner himself/herself is COMPETING, thus those hated features.

I think it is fair for a world owner to have the greater advantage because Buy+ worlds are not cheap.

And I don't exactly see INCONVENIENCE as harm. You technically don't lose anything from getting killed by tricksters or silenced by Royal Locks but I won't disagree that they are annoying.

You said it yourself, trading is difficult. The fact that these types of worlds have been hindering a feature that is important to the economy already raises some questions reagrding its legality.
    Difficult, yes but only in the world.

I've stated what I did. I messaged the buyer/seller and did the trade outside. Is it feasible? Definitely.

Your last sentence in this quote, for me is exaggerated.

It is their world yes, but their rules still have to abide within the Growtopian Code. Anything done in the world is perfectly fine as long as lines haven't been crossed. This issue however, is an exploitation of item features in order to prevent player mechanics and features from being possible.
    Features are still possible. It's just terribly inconvenient.

They use the given resources provided their usage falls within ethical means. Royal Lock's purpose was to mute, Dark Cave was to prevent players from seeing. These two items however were used for their features in order to fulfill a goal that isn't ethical. It's why the latter was nerfed. I do agree that Ubisoft is to blame, but the players are also to blame for using these items to fulfill a purpose that wasn't what the developers intended it for.
    Dark caves behind vend are commonly used for scams. Adjustments were made mainly for the purpose of preventing them. You should have considered that.

I don't know how is this related.

- - - Updated - - -

Drue. But there's still exploitation being done here so eh. They can make it a 10min long parkour for all I care as long as no intentional harm is being done.
    Can you elaborate more on this intentional harm?
    IGN: CandleJack

Quote Originally Posted by CandleJack View Post

If I place vends around the white door with no space for trading/socializing then I made it a vend world.

And as a World Owner, I can do any legal means necessary to strictly impose that it is a vend world. May it be tricksters, royal locks or whatever.

Intentional harm?

I think it is fair for a world owner to have the greater advantage because Buy+ worlds are not cheap.

And I don't exactly see INCONVENIENCE as harm. You technically don't lose anything from getting killed by tricksters or silenced by Royal Locks but I won't disagree that they are annoying.

I've stated what I did. I messaged the buyer/seller and did the trade outside. Is it feasible? Definitely.

Dark caves behind vend are commonly used for scams. Adjustments were made mainly for the purpose of preventing them. You should have considered that.

- - - Updated - - -

is it just me or is candlejack the only one here with a brain in here? Everything he said is true, imagine paying 20bgls for a world just to have some features restricted/unavailable to use. Those new players would eventually learn that there are worlds like that and would look into trading somewhere else. Also, if a nerf/restriction happens the entire economy would crash as no one really would want to invest in a buy+ anymore if the profit decreases. If you're really annoyed then why don't u get 20bgls and pay for a world. If you truly care about GT then i suggest you get the 200+bgls ready and buy as many buy+ worlds as u can buddy
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

Quote Originally Posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
    is it just me or is candlejack the only one here with a brain in here? Everything he said is true, imagine paying 20bgls for a world just to have some features restricted/unavailable to use. Those new players would eventually learn that there are worlds like that and would look into trading somewhere else. Also, if a nerf/restriction happens the entire economy would crash as no one really would want to invest in a buy+ anymore if the profit decreases. If you're really annoyed then why don't u get 20bgls and pay for a world. If you truly care about GT then i suggest you get the 200+bgls ready and buy as many buy+ worlds as u can buddy
    your buy+ worlds are literally what contributes to this issue, sit out and let the consumers do the talking.
    IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Liquify View Post
    your buy+ worlds are literally what contributes to this issue, sit out and let the consumers do the talking.
    Last time I read paying 40+ bgls and
    maximizing the profit wasn’t illegal? Tell me if it has changed bruda or maybe invite those who don’t own a buy+ to contribute to this discussion xd. The thing isn forums does not represent 2% of the actual playercount in GT. Something else to know is that the buy+ worlds is what is holding gt’s economy together and any nerfs to that = no one investing in them = tons of bgls going into arms/stations/tackles or whatever = rip prices. Think logically I’m just contributing to this with logic and stating the facts (which is pros dramatically overweigh the cons)
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

maximizing the profit wasn’t illegal? Tell me if it has changed bruda or maybe invite those who don’t own a buy+ to contribute to this discussion xd. The thing isn forums does not represent 2% of the actual playercount in GT. Something else to know is that the buy+ worlds is what is holding gt’s economy together and any nerfs to that = no one investing in them = tons of bgls going into arms/stations/tackles or whatever = rip prices. Think logically I’m just contributing to this with logic and stating the facts (which is pros dramatically overweigh the cons)
    since when are you the good guy bro. weren't you bragging about how big of an ashole u were by putting tricksters in buyportal

Last time I read was paying 40 bgls and not
    Maximizing the profit wasn’t illegal? Tell me if it has changed bruda or maybe invite those who don’t own a buy+ to contribute to this discussion xd. The thing isn forums does not represent 2% of the actual playercount in GT. Something else to know is that the buy+ worlds is what is holding gt’s economy together and any nerfs to that = no one investing in them = tons of bgls going into arms/stations/tackles or whatever = rip prices. Think logically I’m just contributing to this with logic and stating the facts (which is pros dramatically overweigh the cons)
    I didn't say it was illegal, I just told you to sit this one out, you literally contribute to the abuse of BUY+ worlds with multiple links for fossils, using methods like the Trickster, and banning anyone with a billboard.
    No one asked for any big nerfs, many BUY+ world have a regular vend and allows others to trade and communicate, I don't see how forcing your unfair billboard autoban buy+ world rule to be eradicate is considered a nerf.
    IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

buy+ dropping wouldnt really be bad as they are already overpriced and it mostly takes 1-2 years to even make back your wls. the only good method is flipping them now

If a world owner decided that his/her world is a vend world then it's reasonable enough for them to impose functions/rules to take away competition from their vending machines.

You may call it "abuse" or "greed" but at the end of the day it is YOU who decided to commit with trading in their world. Using THEIR world name to find potential buyer/seller is free privilege already.

I've been in this kind of worlds and it sucks that trading is difficult. I stay in the white door, message my buyer/seller and do deals in my world. It's an easy fix.

If you can't agree to "mY W0rlD My Ro0lz" then go ahead and buy the world yourself and make your own rules. Worlds even if used by the public is still considered property. How would you feel if your neighbor decides on how things should be in your own house?
    Well said.

- - - Updated - - -

Intentional harm?

- - - Updated - - -

Adding this too ^

But muh "mY w0rLD, my roOlZ!!!"? Is that really a strong and irrefutable defense against anything? Will it excuse one from doing scummy things that are obviously unethical and selfish? Does it justify the intentionally rude and unjust treatment to players?
    Name:  WKWK.jpeg
Views: 102
Size:  146.6 KB
    . .
    =IGN : Crausse=
    Instagram : @Crausse_GT
    Discord : Ryuu Kaname#5464

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuu Kaname View Post
    Name:  WKWK.jpeg
Views: 102
Size:  146.6 KB
    . .
    Epic 😂

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeUser View Post
    since when are you the good guy bro. weren't you bragging about how big of an ashole u were by putting tricksters in buyportal
    i like this one haha

also
    also i think u don't buy a buy+ world to get back all your investment from selling item on it but mostly when selling it back with higher price while in other hand also profiting from item selling (i know this because once i was trader of this kind of world)

While it's true that for the most part "it's my world therefore my rules" applies, there are obviously things you can't do in your world - which is anything that breaks the rules. We understand how integral these worlds are to the economy, but we also understand how integral they are for other players to trade as well.

Thus, Billboards were introduced as a balancing act & people then started thinking of ways to prevent the purpose of Billboards and continue to hinder players. In April 2019, we actually made abusing items or features to prevent the usage of Billboards illegal, you can see the post here:

As this is over a year old, naturally new techniques and items have been applied to the problem and changes to Billboards have been made in order to counter them. Perhaps I should look at amending the stance, but for now I'll reiterate the stance made in that post as it still applies: don't block people from using billboards.
    Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt