Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The BUY+ Problem Still Exists

Default The BUY+ Problem Still Exists

Recently came across a thread that was closed due to BUY+ complaints. It went on about how using signs to counter billboards should be punished for. This was fixed and dealt with, I know. However, BUY+ issues are still surfacing.

Which brings me to this: are BUY+ worlds that seek out to ban/hinder player-to-player trading considered exploitation? I'm referring to the usage of Tricksters in a line of Vending Machines, the obvious Royal Lock mute (just mentioning it), the bans towards billboard users and player sellers, and pretty much the overall effort done to prevent player trading.

Now, I do understand that there are no rules here being directly broken, but we all should realize that there are lines that have been crossed here despite remaining "legal". Loopholes, if you may refer to it as that.

There is the repeated solution of "Just trade in other BUY+ or SELL+ worlds", which doesn't really help considering not everyone catches on to that. Even if everyone did, what's stopping these owners from buying those alternatives? It'll just be like the billboard and sign problem wherein after a solution has been found, the problem comes back to ensure it stays as is.

But muh "mY w0rLD, my roOlZ!!!"? Is that really a strong and irrefutable defense against anything? Will it excuse one from doing scummy things that are obviously unethical and selfish? Does it justify the intentionally rude and unjust treatment to players?

If these aren't allowed, why does these worlds still exist? How come nothing has been done to these worlds? And if they are allowed, why is it allowed and yet the sign trick isn't? I'd like to hear your thoughts on this as well.

It is not bannable plus if you owned a buy+ world, you would easily make double the amount of world locks than usually. If a world is like this, you gotta deal with it or pack up and go to a different world.
    Retired poster

Random stuff in GOLA

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    It is not bannable plus if you owned a buy+ world, you would easily make double the amount of world locks than usually. If a world is like this, you gotta deal with it or pack up and go to a different world.
    yooo. did you do it what u said huh. and tell me . should i buy or sell dna in world buy magplant bcuz that world didnt muted it... or should i make one with nobody come. and even the other world exist. nobody will come. absolutely nobody. if you playing gt. you know what i mean dude. it is imposible from what u say... judge me if im wrong. bcuz this the real fact of growtopia now.

Quote Originally Posted by jambanrusak View Post
    yooo. did you do it what u said huh. and tell me . should i buy or sell dna in world buy magplant... and should i make one with nobody come. and even the other world exist. nobody will come nobody. if you playinf gt. you know what i mean dude. it is imposible from what u say... judge me if im wrong. bcuz this the real fact of growtipia now.
    Well then choose the first option. Deal with it. Broadcasting exists.
    Retired poster

Random stuff in GOLA

Lesser Knight

Well then choose the first option. Deal with it. Broadcasting exists.
    omg. this is why the thread exist. he want some solution from the problem. and from what said. thats not solution. they already deal with it. stuck with hopeless hope. the question is. do you know what theu feel. ??? the people who trying so hard selling item. without a billboard. without say anything. spam click for nothing and hope some player but or do msg. i buy all.... if you know what they feel. i guees you never gonna say it.

Quote Originally Posted by jambanrusak View Post
    omg. this is why the thread exist. he want some solution from the problem. and from what said. thats not solution. they already deal with it. stuck with hopeless hope. the question is. do you know what theu feel. ??? the people who trying so hard selling item. without a billboard. without say anything. spam click for nothing and hope some player but or do msg. i buy all.... if you know what they feel. i guees you never gonna say it.
    The owners of the world can choose to do whatever they want with it. At the end of the day its your choice to go there or not.
    Retired poster

Random stuff in GOLA

Cursed

This "my world, my rules" thing has been abused SO MUCH, that this is in their worlds :
    1. Link to a bigger world where every owner's "BUY+" world links to, just to exploit fossils.
    2. Even before you get linked to the big world, you got through AT LEAST 2 link worlds to exploit fossils even further.
    3. Royal lock to stop people from talking.
    4. A box to prevent anyone from trying to place anything, making signaling sellers via. placing impossible
    5. Stacks of very overpriced vending machines people are forced to buy from.
    6. Barely any moving room, so trading becomes a nightmare.
    7. Heatwave weather to both irritate the players (forcing them to just buy from the vending machines), and to make seeing as difficult as possible.
    8. A number of lag-inducing things (tons of dropped items, particles, players, etc.) to make moving and trading nearly impossible.
    9. A complete ban of the use of billboards. Anyone that has billboards enabled, no matter the content, gets immediately banned
    10. A complete ban of trading. Anyone caught trading anything, gets immediately banned.
    11. A 1 minute Adventure Begins timer to pressure people into buying from their vends.
    12. Occasional Tricksters that kills everyone. Trading with it becomes nearly impossible, so again, you're forced to use the vend.

it's absolutely unethical, like muting is already enough but completely banning the rights to have a billboard/trade IN A BUY+ WORLD is absolutely unnecessary and something should be done.

The same old "Their world their rules, just go somewhere else" is a crappy excuse to justify on why you can ban them just for trading in a literal BUY+ world.
    IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    This "my world, my rules" thing has been abused SO MUCH, that this is in their worlds :
    1. Link to a bigger world where every owner's "BUY+" world links to, just to exploit fossils.
    2. Even before you get linked to the big world, you got through AT LEAST 2 link worlds to exploit fossils even further.
    3. Royal lock to stop people from talking.
    4. A box to prevent anyone from trying to place anything, making signaling sellers via. placing impossible
    5. Stacks of very overpriced vending machines people are forced to buy from.
    6. Barely any moving room, so trading becomes a nightmare.
    7. Heatwave weather to both irritate the players (forcing them to just buy from the vending machines), and to make seeing as difficult as possible.
    8. A number of lag-inducing things (tons of dropped items, particles, players, etc.) to make moving and trading nearly impossible.
    9. A complete ban of the use of billboards. Anyone that has billboards enabled, no matter the content, gets immediately banned
    10. A complete ban of trading. Anyone caught trading anything, gets immediately banned.
    11. A 1 minute Adventure Begins timer to pressure people into buying from their vends.
    12. Occasional Tricksters that kills everyone. Trading with it becomes nearly impossible, so again, you're forced to use the vend.

im agree to this one so many problem with business and ego owner. this kind like we live in jungle . no body can control powered player in jungle. when you weak then must follow the rule of king. and im always wondering. all this problem we tell to mods. or someone incharge in growtopia is it they really read this post or not. if not all we do it in here. is useless. and soon growtopia will done. no more topia. just welcome to jungletopia. when powerfull player control the game. and the fact. its legal.... cry

I heard some worlds who abuse this got warned and were forced to remove the things blocking the billboards
    GrowID: LancePlaysYT

- 3-time Video of The Week Winner!
    - WOTD Winner 6/9/2020
    - LEVEL: 69/125
    - Subscribers : 3.11k

Watch one of my videos!:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuyawa View Post
    Recently came across a thread that was closed due to BUY+ complaints. It went on about how using signs to counter billboards should be punished for. This was fixed and dealt with, I know. However, BUY+ issues are still surfacing.

Which brings me to this: are BUY+ worlds that seek out to ban/hinder player-to-player trading considered exploitation? I'm referring to the usage of Tricksters in a line of Vending Machines, the obvious Royal Lock mute (just mentioning it), the bans towards billboard users and player sellers, and pretty much the overall effort done to prevent player trading.

Now, I do understand that there are no rules here being directly broken, but we all should realize that there are lines that have been crossed here despite remaining "legal". Loopholes, if you may refer to it as that.

There is the repeated solution of "Just trade in other BUY+ or SELL+ worlds", which doesn't really help considering not everyone catches on to that. Even if everyone did, what's stopping these owners from buying those alternatives? It'll just be like the billboard and sign problem wherein after a solution has been found, the problem comes back to ensure it stays as is.

But muh "mY w0rLD, my roOlZ!!!"? Is that really a strong and irrefutable defense against anything? Will it excuse one from doing scummy things that are obviously unethical and selfish? Does it justify the intentionally rude and unjust treatment to players?

If these aren't allowed, why does these worlds still exist? How come nothing has been done to these worlds? And if they are allowed, why is it allowed and yet the sign trick isn't? I'd like to hear your thoughts on this as well.
    As stated above, there are tons of alternative worlds to trade-in. If you fail to find a place to trade in, your only option would be to broadcast and hope someone buys/sells the item you desire
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

Bump until growtopia add new rules for world trading lul

imagine new player mass something to get profit ended up cannot sell them and wasted their profit doing an sb
    MaH Wurlz mAH rOOLZ

soon ubisoft gonna implemented marketplace system and throw that word back to egoistic owner who live their life for fossil rock
    Aware what you put on internet once it sit there there is no turning back.Think wise Think twice.

IGN:MomoCashew (my lovely singer)

yes..i love mcflurry