Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fix the chances of Rings being obtained!

Default Fix the chances of Rings being obtained!

So back in the day when "Obtain all Ringmaster Rings" was first released, there were only 6 rings. Now there are 11 rings, not only does this make it harder to complete the epic quest, it also makes it harder to get the rings you want. Thus, we need a weighted probability system, based on the rings already in your backpack.

The number is actually approx. 33 attempts for all 11... I just liked the pwetty graph.
    Last edited by Oldsock (IGN); 05-16-2020 at 03:14 AM.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Wow, you're so smart. :Gtshy:
    Learn to love yourself, before you love others.
    Instagram: @gt.mera
    Discord: //#6666

Quote Originally Posted by xMera View Post
    Wow, you're so smart. :Gtshy:
    :gtShy:

I'm fairly certain the graph has an error or two but anyway...

sorry but changing the GUI is more important as well has the mentor system. old players and systems do not matter

(plus this is too hard to fix)

There are a thing where you can exchange 10 of the same type of ring for another ring which is stupid considering getting 10 ring of the same kind is not an easy task

Quote Originally Posted by MiMelody View Post
    There are a thing where you can exchange 10 of the same type of ring for another ring which is stupid considering getting 10 ring of the same kind is not an easy task
    You have to have the worst luck to get 10 of a single ring and not get all 11 rings. It really should be 5 rings for a ring of your choice.

Master Sorcerer

Your numbers don't really make sense. You don't, for example, see anyone with more than a hundred rings but still doesn't have the full set of rings, while in your graph it shows that around 50% of the people with 100 rings do not have a complete set of rings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coupon...or%27s_problem

Here's a problem that describes exactly this situation. From the formula it's expected that after 33 tries, you will get all 11 rings. Maybe look at your values again?
    ign: bllade (used to be BladeGamer)

Quote Originally Posted by BladeGamer View Post
    Your numbers don't really make sense. You don't, for example, see anyone with more than a hundred rings but still doesn't have the full set of rings, while in your graph it shows that around 50% of the people with 100 rings do not have a complete set of rings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coupon...or%27s_problem

Here's a problem that describes exactly this situation. From the formula it's expected that after 33 tries, you will get all 11 rings. Maybe look at your values again?
    Note I added the graph was wrong, I just like it visually now, 33 is more correct yeye.

There should be an algorithm where the game will read player inventory and mark any rings have been obtained and the system will reduce chance by 'quite a lot' of getting those same rings on their next ring quest.

Quote Originally Posted by MiMelody View Post
    There should be an algorithm where the game will read player inventory and mark any rings have been obtained and the system will reduce chance by 'quite a lot' of getting those same rings on their next ring quest.
    Yes please! Quite annoying i got small a variety of rings with a huge quantity.

theres a suggestion box for a reason, asking to ‘fix’ something is a suggestion
    “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor
    “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
    ― Ross Lynch

My suggestions:
    1:
    Implement system that reduces % of Rings you already have, currently, every ring has 9% chance to be obtained, if you already have the Ring, system would make it 5-6%, which should be balanced in my opinion.
    2:
    Change the current Ringmaster's deal to - 5 Rings of ANY type (or possibly 5 same..whatever) for 1 ring of YOUR choice.
    3:
    At step 10 (or at the begining), let us choose if we wanna do 10 more quests (or 20 at start) for being able to choose what Ring we'll obtain, could also be 30 and not 20 if that seems unbalanced.

Let me know what you think about those.
    Last edited by CzeGamer; 05-17-2020 at 03:58 PM.
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.