Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 42

Thread: Console Compensation

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Deno855's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,990

    Default Console Compensation

    Since console is closing has anything been announced specially to be given to console players on PC for example a Plaque? Has anyone said anything mods/developers

    As shutting down console and getting rid of items seems farfetched
    Not sure why I'm back but I'm back
    IGN: Deno855
    TRUE OG
    Level: 71
    Gems: 352k / 1mil
    WLS: Who even cares its the effort
    Instagram: @deno855_gt

  2. #2
    Lesser Wizard Garodus_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Nothing has been announced, it's very reasonable to think that it'll shut down without any compensation.

    Games don't last forever.
    ~Garodus

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Deno855's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garodus_ View Post
    Nothing has been announced, it's very reasonable to think that it'll shut down without any compensation.

    Games don't last forever.
    It's just more people who have spent money or are going to lose a lot surely some compensation is needed
    Not sure why I'm back but I'm back
    IGN: Deno855
    TRUE OG
    Level: 71
    Gems: 352k / 1mil
    WLS: Who even cares its the effort
    Instagram: @deno855_gt

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer MineDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Planet Malaysia
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deno855 View Post
    Since console is closing has anything been announced specially to be given to console players on PC for example a Plaque? Has anyone said anything mods/developers

    As shutting down console and getting rid of items seems farfetched
    Well, it sure is thoughtful of you to think about providing some sort of compensation to console players, but it's just super impossible to do. Both mobile and console servers are completely parallel, so linking accounts, items, worlds or any other form of data at all would be practically impossible or at least super duper hard! .
    IGN - MineDeath

    If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor .

    Instagram:
    Instagram Link!
    Discord:
    Discord Link!

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,667

    Default

    Well...

    They could ask for an input of a users mobile Grow ID (or select none if they don't have one) and after a quick verification (possibly a manual verification as there aren't a massive number of console players- I'm sure support have the means to do this)

    After verifying that the account is surely theirs then, for example, a plaque of whatever could be added to the account on mobile/PC servers so as not to have their entire work destroyed for no gain.
    Love the life you live and live the life you love

    GrowID || Kitty

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Jedaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Mods' watchlist
    Posts
    4,097

    Default

    They don't need to do so. You are not entitled for a compensation for money or time spent on a game.

    ░▒▓███████▓▒░
    ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
    ░▒▓███████▓▒░
    ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
    ▽⧩▼▼▼⧨▽
    Random stuff in GOLA
    ▲◭△△△◮▲
    ┅⊏⧖⊐┅

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer Deno855's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    They don't need to do so. You are not entitled for a compensation for money or time spent on a game.
    I understand they don't need to but sorry they literally pushed this on YouTube bigging up a new side of Growtopia then after a year or so decide nah everythings gone so I think u are 100% entitled to some kinda rewards for playing on console even a plaque I haven't asked them to do much they did it for growcon
    Not sure why I'm back but I'm back
    IGN: Deno855
    TRUE OG
    Level: 71
    Gems: 352k / 1mil
    WLS: Who even cares its the effort
    Instagram: @deno855_gt

  8. #8
    Lesser Wizard WLCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    496

    Default

    A token of appreciation would be nice, but then again, Ubisoft is not required to do this.
    Instagram : @welca.gt
    Discord : WLCA#7758

    I buy toxic waste barrel seeds & military radio seeds.

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Deno855's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WLCA View Post
    A token of appreciation would be nice, but then again, Ubisoft is not required to do this.
    I understand they aren't required but it would be ncie as it's the first time Growtopia have done this and people who have tried this out should get a ltitle something like a plaque just for recognition
    Not sure why I'm back but I'm back
    IGN: Deno855
    TRUE OG
    Level: 71
    Gems: 352k / 1mil
    WLS: Who even cares its the effort
    Instagram: @deno855_gt

  10. #10
    Lesser Wizard WLCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deno855 View Post
    I understand they aren't required but it would be ncie as it's the first time Growtopia have done this and people who have tried this out should get a ltitle something like a plaque just for recognition
    Agreed. These console players supported Growtopia too, so why not?
    Instagram : @welca.gt
    Discord : WLCA#7758

    I buy toxic waste barrel seeds & military radio seeds.

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer JimIzPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Never-ending Darkness
    Posts
    3,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Well...

    They could ask for an input of a users mobile Grow ID (or select none if they don't have one) and after a quick verification (possibly a manual verification as there aren't a massive number of console players- I'm sure support have the means to do this)

    After verifying that the account is surely theirs then, for example, a plaque of whatever could be added to the account on mobile/PC servers so as not to have their entire work destroyed for no gain.
    How to verify: simply by checking if the Ubisoft account is the same with the in-game email/ip address on the PC/Mobile User

    RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer Ohlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    in Gummibear64
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garodus_ View Post
    Nothing has been announced, it's very reasonable to think that it'll shut down without any compensation.

    Games don't last forever.
    Yeah, but console was so short-lived that if anyone bought gems, it was kind of a waste. I am not saying they should necessarily get a refund or gems transferred over, but it was a game that essentially flopped.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

    Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to torture myself by adapting it into Growtopia.

    Contact Info:

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •