Thread: Problem Updating

Default Problem Updating

Ive gotten a very strange error updating recently. I'm on Windows and when I attempt to run the installer it pops up with the error msg attached Name:  Error.PNG
Views: 26
Size:  7.5 KB. anyways if i choose skip the updater runs and finishes, but doesnt actually update the game. Anyone know how to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by NYsquidz View Post
    Ive gotten a very strange error updating recently. I'm on Windows and when I attempt to run the installer it pops up with the error msg attached Name:  Error.PNG
Views: 26
Size:  7.5 KB. anyways if i choose skip the updater runs and finishes, but doesnt actually update the game. Anyone know how to fix this?
    May I know exactly what version of Windows are you using?, sometimes using an older version of Windows would cause this error. Either way, these are four possible ways to solve the error :

1)Check if your using the latest version of windows.

2)Run the compatibility troubleshooter. (right click on the installer's exe file > click "properties" > click the "compatibility" tab > locate and click on "run compatibility troubleshooter".)

3)Run the installer with administrative privileges. (right click on the installer's exe file > click "run as administrator".)

4)Ensure that the installer does have permissions to write. (Right click the installer's folder" > click "properties" > click on the "security" tab > click "edit" > in the "group or user name" section, click on "Users" > check the box for "allow" next to "write" under "permissions for users" > click "apply" > click "ok".

One of these methods should hopefully solve the error. But if all fails, try contacting support and giving them more of your device information and the version of Windows that your using.
    IGN - MineDeath

If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor .

Instagram:
    Instagram Link!
    Discord:
    Discord Link!