Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Growtopia %s

Default Growtopia %s

Hi,
    I would like to talk about percentages in Growtopia..As you may know, there is quite alot of items/effects that gives your some %s for certain buff and I am pretty sure that Growtopia percentages are most random thing ever..
    Let me give you few examples.

ALL of these buffs has 2% to happen.

Frugal Framework (Builder Role) ; it has x % chance to gives you bonus block from breaking blocks, I am currently at level 8 Builder Role, so the buff for me is 2%, the effect usually happens MAX 10 times/farm (10k blocks), 2% out of 10k is supposed to be around 200, let's say that I am unlucky even though I've broke over 20 full farms with the Role.

Surgery Skillfail ; My Surgery skillfail is 2% and I can guarantee you that you'll never fail 2 times out of 100 used tools, I usually fail every 10 tools or so.

Dreamcatcher Staff ; Probably the reason why I made this thread, description says 2%, as the other items, my friend told me that it must have way more than 2%, I didn't believed him and told him that he tested it with few trees, he let me test it, I've tested it on FIVE full (2450 seed) farms and the result? I have NEVER gotten the effect just twice/row (98 seeds), the least I got was 3, the most was 18 or 19, on average I would say around 5-8.

The point is, all of these buffs/items has 2% to happen and these '2%' are literally random number, Frugal is probably around 0,1-0,3%s, maxed out Surgery + Tea is probably around 5-7% and Dreamcatcher is around 6%s, go try these buffs/items by yourself before saying that I've tried it on few blocks/surgeries/seeds, if that would be true, I wouldn't even make the thread, but I have done over 2k surgeries and I am level 125 and farm few farms a week..

Also, when CLASHPARKOUR came out, the %s of Epic items must have been WAY higher, currently you have 16% to get Epic Reward, on the first CLASHPARKOUR, those %s must have been atleast doubled, feel free to check any youtuber that did videos from the first clashparkour, I believe the %s were before around 30, Ubisoft nerfed it and haven't told anyone.
    Also, actual (16%) percentages must be random too, I've personally used over 60 tickets and got one Epic reward (and I know way more peoples who have very similiar results), 16% is equal to my level 4 blue Ancestral and I swear that you'll never ever get one bonus block out of 60 blocks, never.

Your opinions?
    Last edited by CzeGamer; 05-18-2020 at 07:29 PM.
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

I would not think buff/RNG percentages would be incorrect; however, that does not mean there is no incentive to do so. Growtopia, to their credit, does not divulge RNG probabilities very often; there have been instances where games do not have given probabilities that match what is in the code.

That being said, I highly doubt buff percentages are mislabeled. People tend to not really understand probability when they conduct trials. So even when there is a one percent chance for an event to occur, in one hundred trials, there is still about a thirty-six percent chance that event never occurs. Every outcome is independent of the next, and while it might seem odd to have trials that do not share the same probabilities as the ones given, it really is not.

Explaining probability in simple terms is not something I am good at. Hope it helped though.
    Been playing Growtopia since 2010.

Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to torture myself by adapting it into Growtopia.

Contact Info:

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlid View Post
    I would not think buff/RNG percentages would be incorrect; however, that does not mean there is no incentive to do so. Growtopia, to their credit, does not divulge RNG probabilities very often; there have been instances where games do not have given probabilities that match what is in the code.

That being said, I highly doubt buff percentages are mislabeled. People tend to not really understand probability when they conduct trials. So even when there is a one percent chance for an event to occur, in one hundred trials, there is still about a thirty-six percent chance that event never occurs. Every outcome is independent of the next, and while it might seem odd to have trials that do not share the same probabilities as the ones given, it really is not.

Explaining probability in simple terms is not something I am good at. Hope it helped though.
    I am not saying that the %s are wrong, I am saying that the descriptions are wrong, I wouldn't make this thread if I weren't pretty sure..
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeGamer View Post
    Hi,
    I would like to talk about percentages in Growtopia..As you may know, there is quite alot of items/effects that gives your some %s for certain buff and I am pretty sure that Growtopia percentages are most random thing ever..

Frugal Framework (Builder Role) ; it has x % chance to gives you bonus block from breaking blocks, I am currently at level 8 Builder Role, so the buff for me is 2%, the effect usually happens MAX 10 times/farm (10k blocks), 2% out of 10k is supposed to be around 200, let's say that I am unlucky even though I've broke over 20 full farms with the Role.

Dreamcatcher Staff ; Probably the reason why I made this thread, description says 2%, as the other items, my friend told me that it must have way more than 2%, I didn't believed him and told him that he tested it with few trees, he let me test it, I've tested it on FIVE full (2450 seed) farms and the result? I have NEVER gotten the effect just twice/row (98 seeds), the least I got was 2, the most was 18 or 19, on average I would say around 5-8.

Your opinions?

I can confirm that these buffs are totally real and accurate. I don't know about the other buffs, but somebody has probably tested them.

Frugal Framework has the chance to double a block that drops from breaking blocks. It's a 10% chance that you get a block from breaking blocks and each time you get a block from breaking blocks you'll have your Frugal Framework's chance (0,5% / 1% / 1,5% / 2% / 3%) to get an extra block. So if you have Frugal Framework (level 2), you'll get 0,1% more blocks while farming.

Dreamcatcher Staff is 2%, but the info is misleading. It has 2% chance to double any of the fruits that drop from the tree. Non-farmable trees drop 2,5 fruits on average so the Dreamcatcher Staff has basically 5% chance to drop an extra fruit from each tree.

Something I've personally found out to be false, though, is the Guild Potion - Blocks. The info is totally incorrect as it says "A mighty guild potion! Only a Guild Leader can consume it, which will give its buff to ALL guild members. Guild Potion Buff: 1% bonus chance of a dropping an Extra Block! - Buff lasts for a limited time", but in reality it's 4-5% chance to have an extra block dropped from breaking blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Climper View Post
    I can confirm that these buffs are totally real and accurate. I don't know about the other buffs, but somebody has probably tested them.

Frugal Framework has the chance to double a block that drops from breaking blocks. It's a 10% chance that you get a block from breaking blocks and each time you get a block from breaking blocks you'll have your Frugal Framework's chance (0,5% / 1% / 1,5% / 2% / 3%) to get an extra block. So if you have Frugal Framework (level 2), you'll get 0,1% more blocks while farming.

Dreamcatcher Staff is 2%, but the info is misleading. It has 2% chance to double any of the fruits that drop from the tree. Non-farmable trees drop 2,5 fruits on average so the Dreamcatcher Staff has basically 5% chance to drop an extra fruit from each tree.

Something I've personally found out to be false, though, is the Guild Potion - Blocks. The info is totally incorrect as it says "A mighty guild potion! Only a Guild Leader can consume it, which will give its buff to ALL guild members. Guild Potion Buff: 1% bonus chance of a dropping an Extra Block! - Buff lasts for a limited time", but in reality it's 4-5% chance to have an extra block dropped from breaking blocks.
    Oh, you're right with the Frugal, my bad.
    Rest In Peace, Marley

I am not saying you're wrong but that doesn't make any sense to me, if it says "1% chance of getting block when breaking blocks", I understand it as 1%, not as an 10% chance to get 1% chance to get block..
    Kind of like the info of Dreamcatcher Staff, this is what the Frugal Framework's effect actually states "X% chance of dropping double blocks when breaking blocks". It's a bit confusing to understand, but it says "double blocks", you can't get double blocks from breaking blocks unless a block already drops from breaking the blocks.

I agree that the buffs should be clearer to understand to avoid any misunderstandings about what they actually are/or do.

yea clashparkour rigged big time

Frugal framework: climper already replied
    Surgery skill fail: depends on the status of the surgery "its becoming hard to see your work" greatly increases skill fails
    DCS: climper already replied
    clash parkour: pure luck, can't base any assumptions on such a small sample size
    lvl 4 blue ances is not 16% but its 8%. it progresses 5% > 6% > 7% > 8% > 10%

Make a petition making those descriptions clearer
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuo
    *Hasagi*
    Quote Originally Posted by AlsoYasuo
    *Soryegadon*

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Climper View Post

Are you sure that Dreamcatcher Staff doubles the amount of fruits that drop from trees? If I'm not mistaken, it only adds one extra fruit, not doubling the amount of fruits.
    Interesting threads I've made:

BFGSITE: Free Daily BFG

Hi,

Surgery Skillfail ; My Surgery skillfail is 2% and I can guarantee you that you'll never fail 2 times out of 100 used tools, I usually fail every 10 tools or so.

Dreamcatcher Staff ; Probably the reason why I made this thread, description says 2%, as the other items, my friend told me that it must have way more than 2%, I didn't believed him and told him that he tested it with few trees, he let me test it, I've tested it on FIVE full (2450 seed) farms and the result? I have NEVER gotten the effect just twice/row (98 seeds), the least I got was 3, the most was 18 or 19, on average I would say around 5-8.

The point is, all of these buffs/items has 2% to happen and these '2%' are literally random number, Frugal is probably around 0,1-0,3%s, maxed out Surgery + Tea is probably around 5-7% and Dreamcatcher is around 6%s, go try these buffs/items by yourself before saying that I've tried it on few blocks/surgeries/seeds, if that would be true, I wouldn't even make the thread, but I have done over 2k surgeries and I am level 125 and farm few farms a week..

Also, when CLASHPARKOUR came out, the %s of Epic items must have been WAY higher, currently you have 16% to get Epic Reward, on the first CLASHPARKOUR, those %s must have been atleast doubled, feel free to check any youtuber that did videos from the first clashparkour, I believe the %s were before around 30, Ubisoft nerfed it and haven't told anyone.
    Also, actual (16%) percentages must be random too, I've personally used over 60 tickets and got one Epic reward (and I know way more peoples who have very similiar results), 16% is equal to my level 4 blue Ancestral and I swear that you'll never ever get one bonus block out of 60 blocks, never.

Your opinions?
    for frugal framework? i am builder lvl 8 as well, but i get around 20-30 bonuses when i break a whole farm (9k blocks)

heres the interesting thing about RNG, its not actually random. it is dependent on things going on in the game,so maybe you did these tests in bad conditions, though this is EXTREMELY unlikely.
    Growtopian since 12 January 2013 but all traces of my existence before 2016 have been erased.
    IGN:Quarterstone
    Level:125

Quote Originally Posted by Another Growtopian View Post
    Are you sure that Dreamcatcher Staff doubles the amount of fruits that drop from trees? If I'm not mistaken, it only adds one extra fruit, not doubling the amount of fruits.
    It's sort of both of them. The staff has a 2% chance to give an extra block per every fruit that drops from a tree. If you harvest 10 fruits from trees you will have 20% chance to receive an extra block from 1 of the fruits. It's an extra fruit, but we can use the double term of it as the buff affects each fruit separately. There's a 0,0000001024% chance to get 10 extra fruits from harvesting 10 fruits.