Thread: Daily Challenge Feedback.

Master Sorcerer

Default Daily Challenge Feedback.

All of these are simply my opinion after participating in some of these daily challenges and hearing about others complaining about other daily challenges. Take it with a pinch of salt.

Crime: Ban Hammer is overpowered and essentially makes the challenge a pay to win one. With the correct deck it can end your opponent in 5 turns, which means getting you 90 points in the same amount of time it takes to end your opponent in 10 turns normally which gives you 40 points. Points should not be given if the Ban Hammer is used in one's deck during the daily challenge.

Map: Legendary Map is stupidly overpowered. It takes 30 seconds to get yourself 1000 points with the Legendary Map, while with other maps it can take up to 20 minutes of non-stop grinding, making this challenge a potentially pay to win one. Even though I haven't really took notice of any individual exclusively taking advantage of legendary maps during the daily challenge, it is still way overpowered and should be removed from the challenge altogether.

Startopia: Growlactus is overpowered. Defeating it takes 20 seconds and gives 500 points, the same amount of time is taken to get ~250 points if one were to complete missions in the Galactic Nexus sector. This has made Star Strife into a Growlactus spamming contest, in which the person with the most number of ships capable of fighting Growlactus wins. Although it might still come down to quick decision making and speed (signs of skill) if multiple individuals were to obtain enough ships for the entire 2 hours, the amount of time spent for preparation of these ships is still abnormally huge compared to other daily challenges. To have enough ships for the entire 2 hours would take a person at least 20 hours of non-stop grinding. Where's the "challenge"? Where's the "skill"? Defeating Growlactus should be given less points than it currently gives right now.

Wolfworld: All wolfworlds should take an optimally skilled person the same amount of time to complete, but it is not the case in reality. Wolfworld 3 for instance has been agreed by many parkourists as the most painful one to complete. It takes 3 minutes to complete Wolfworld 3, while Wolfworld 1 takes at most 1 minute to complete (some might even say that this is too slow), which means that in the time it takes to obtain 420 points from completion of Wolfworld 3, another luckier player would have been able to obtain 1560 points from completing Wolfworld 1 three times. One way to reduce this inequality between wolfworlds would be to have some of the Time-Space Ruptures in one of the stages in Wolfworld 3 actually skip you forward, instead of the current situation where all of them are "bad" portals.

Surgery: There has also been complaints about the excessive usage of legal briefs during the daily challenge. Again this has made the daily challenge a very pay to win one where a richer person could just spam legal briefs to skip harder surgeries to maximise the number of points one can get. To reduce the level of paying to win with this daily challenge, a great suggestion would be to deduct ~100 points when a legal brief is used. With this it would punish players for skipping surgeries, while still making legal briefs a viable option against the hardest surgeries such as massive trauma, where the point-to-time ratio is simply abysmal.

There are obviously other issues with other daily challenges, but these are the most pressing ones in my opinion. Do correct me if I missed out anything else that might be important.
    Last edited by BladeGamer; 05-23-2020 at 04:14 AM. Reason: made some changes.
    ign: bllade (used to be BladeGamer)

In regards to wolfworld _3, enabling speed makes a very miniscule difference. A perfect 0 death run without speed takes me 2:50 in wolfworld_3. Having just completed the world's copy with speed enabled, i was able to do it in 2:50 again but with 1 death. A better solution would be to have some of the portals in the top part of the world actually be beneficial. Currently all of the portals are detrimental despite the signs saying that some are good and some are bad.

Also something that is less discussed, wolfworld 1 and 2 are too short. Currently they take 40 and 50 seconds respectively, this should be brought up to 70-90 seconds each which would make them still the best to get but far less overpowered.

Doctor's duel should also give a -100 point penalty for failing a surgery which should deter the current meta of just using legal briefs to skip hard surgeries.
    IGN: IamIM
    level: 116/125
    Making and playing difficult parkours is what i do, also trying daily challenges - war of wolves and carnie.
    Discord - I_am_Im#2066

Quote Originally Posted by IamIm View Post
    Doctor's duel should also give a -100 point penalty for failing a surgery which should deter the current meta of just using legal briefs to skip hard surgeries.
    Omg yes please
    I'm LBForce! Certified Woof-Woof King!
    I'm admin at NEWS.
    I own BUYUPGRADE
    (Check it, there is a guide about upgrading ances and a cheap shop for the items needed!)
    Follow me on Instagram : @lbforce_gt

This indeed. Doctor's Duel is supposed to be about who's the best Surgeon, not about who's the richest and willing to fail longer and harder surgeries on purpose to perform easier ones for more points.

i agree with all of it except speedy on wolfworld_3 . speedy would make it more annoying cause of all the 1 block moves

+1! I also hope Pineapple Panic is reworked before Pineapple week.

If a -100 point penalty is unable to be done, perhaps an easier solution would be to change legal briefs such that they set your malpractice to 1 minute long rather than get rid of it all. This would make it such the player misses out on 3-4 surgeries, effectively giving them -96 to -128 points. A 1 minute wait time is not long for the casual surgeons when its not daily challenge either.
    Making and playing difficult parkours is what i do, also trying daily challenges - war of wolves and carnie.
    Discord - I_am_Im#2066

If a -100 point penalty is unable to be done, perhaps an easier solution would be to change legal briefs such that they set your malpractice to 1 minute long rather than get rid of it all. This would make it such the player misses out on 3-4 surgeries, effectively giving them -96 to -128 points. A 1 minute wait time is not long for the casual surgeons when its not daily challenge either.
    I disagree.
    Having to wait 1 minute even after using legal briefs due to an impossible surgery can ruin your run.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLixx View Post
    I disagree.
    Having to wait 1 minute even after using legal briefs due to an impossible surgery can ruin your run.
    Due to the amount of surgeries that players perform for doctor's duel, the amount of accidental failures should even out across the whole 2 hour span. If you fail a surgery, you should realize that other players will also inevitably fail some of their surgeries.
    Discord - I_am_Im#2066

I have something to add for drs duel... you basically get rewarded more points for completing easier surgeries, such as torn punching muscle (46 points), while the harder surgeries that waste more time and require more skill give you less points such as massive trauma (under 30 points). My suggestion to this is to not reduce one point for each tool used, but to reduce a point for each skill fail that occurs. To even balance this out further, every type of surgery should give out more or less points based on the difficulty/length of the surgery, which will be determined by devs. If balanced correctly people will not be punished harshly for completing much harder surgeries than other competitors.

IGN: HeroPlaya
    Level: MAX

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeUser View Post
    i agree with all of it except speedy on wolfworld_3 . speedy would make it more annoying cause of all the 1 block moves
    Worldworld_3 is a very painful world to do because of this, I really just don't like the amount of small gaps in that world.
    IGN: 3Rite

Default Hear, hear

I totally agree. There is no point of taking part in Daily Challenges, because they are mostly pay to win (except Geiger hills). It takes a long time to get the skills that the best ones have, but if at the same time "learning" requires huge amount of dls, ordinary players never even try.

In my opinion usage of legal briefs should reduce your points. Of course failing in surgery should matter in the competition and you shouldn't totally get away with it by using legal briefs. Especially you shouldn't be able to use legal briefs as a way to avoid difficult surgeries.

Maybe the whole scoring system should be thought all over again. Harder surgeries give more points than easier ones?

In Startopia Growlactuses are too overpowered. It's not about who is the best Startopian, but who uses the biggest amount of dls buying Growlactuses beforehand.

In my opinion, Daily challenges should be all about skills. Growlactuses etc. you use to get rewards. Legals, Ban hammers etc. if something is too difficult for your skills or you fail otherwise and want to continue as fast as possible. I know it's not that black and white, but the main focus should be on skills.

/Pinu
    ACHIEVEMENTS:
    Lvl 125, Dr.
    Roles: Farm 10/10, Build 10/10, Fish 10/10, Surg 10/10 Star 10/10 Cook 4/10
    Legend: 0/3

Worlds: PINUSKI, SHP, etc.
    Ig: pinuskigt