Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 46

Thread: This cannot be ignored.

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer CzeGamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    1,160

    Default This cannot be ignored.

    Hi,
    I would like to point out an pretty major issue.
    First time I've seen this happen was in middle of April, my Nano Curse Bot just went missing, I do not borrow any stuff to anyone and I also have the Bot permanently in my inventory, since I do few surgs every day, once it just wasn't there, I had no clue where it could be, I've checked EVERY SINGLE world that I do own (and trust me, it took a while, I have over 190 worlds) with Growscan and I have not found it, I thought that I may have just recycled it accidentally or I don't know what, so I've just ignored it, few days ago, I've logged in and started breaking, wanted to equip Rayman and guess what was next to Rayman's Fist in my inventory? Yes, Nano Nurse Bot, I may sound stupid, I know, that's what people told me, that I had it in my inventory for 8 days and not realizing it (even though I checked inventory atleast 5 times to make sure + I would have seen it since it's literally next to Rayman's Fist and I break few times a day), I had no clue what could have happened, so I've just ignored it and was glad that I got it back, somehow..

    Few days later I wanted to make an BFG and I couldn't find my Builder's Lock, I thought that I left it placed somewhere and went to sleep, next day when I've logged in, it was in my inventory, this could also just mean that I am stupid, let's move on.

    Few days ago, few of my friends started losing stuff,
    1st friend has lost 29 Growtokens, Celestial Lance and Valkyrie's Wings (2 days ago), no, he was not hacked, he had few DLs and other stuff on him which hasn't disappeared, also, his stuff is still missing.
    2nd friend has lost 50 Growtokens, they just went missing, also, he wasn't hacked, he also had everything, except the Growtokens.
    3rd friend has harvested about half of his Laser Grid farm and used 2 Gaia's Beacons, 1 Magplant, Builder's lock and Punch Jammer, during the harvesting, there was already an public BFG for peoples, there was few peoples breaking as he said, while he was harvesting, the servers has crashed (if you do not know, there was server crash for like an hour or so), after the servers started to work again, he came back to his BFG and guess what, the farm was fully ready, all the trees were ready to harvest, not even single tree harvested and his stuff that I've mentioned before (2G'sB, MP, B'sL & PJ) were NOT in the world and are not in his inventory nor any of his worlds, they're just missing, I believe that the servers rollbacked a bit and he either lost the stuff due to that some kind of 'rollback' or he actually got his stuff in his inventory thanks to the rollback but 'inventory glitch' happened to him..

    Now, I've wanted to check if we're the only one experiencing this issue, so I went to 'Bug and Glitches' sub forum and guess what? MULTIPLE threads of type 'My stuff has disappeared', all of the same kind, some lost the stuff, then got it back, some haven't got it back and Ubisoft support replied that they've got hacked, support won't understand, which is reasonable, saying that 'my stuff disappeared' sounds fishy, not gonna lie.

    Also, the links to the threads posted in last few days in 'Bugs and Glitches' sub-forum
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...n-my-inventory
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...or-dynamo-gone
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...and-UT-missing
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...n-due-to-a-Bug (this COULD be related, not sure though)
    Check the replies on the threads, way more people experienced (or are experiencing) the same issue.

    I've contacted Misthios and Pangloss but they said there's nothing that can be done except contacting support, which doesn't work (don't take this as an offense Pangloss or Misthios), so I am making this thread and asking if there's anything that could be done, I have contact to my friends which has lost the stuff, if any moderator/ubistaff wanna talk about it and actually try to solve it somehow, hit me up (private message me your Discord, I don't wanna post my name there since people could create fake accounts to act like mods or whatever).

    I believe that the 'new' backpack update is causing this issue, I don't know how, but I have never seen this kind of stuff happening since the backpack update (I do not mean the categories, I mean when they've increased the limit from 196 to 396, but it might have started happening since the very first update, I don't know to be honest).

    Also, excuse my english, tried my best to make the thread understandable.
    Last edited by CzeGamer; 05-23-2020 at 02:40 AM.
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

  2. #2

    Default

    Ive seen other people posting this issue, really needs to be looked into.

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer CzeGamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisThingSux View Post
    Ive seen other people posting this issue, really needs to be looked into.
    That's why I made this thread, support ignores it, and I do not mean it as an offense, how real does it look when you get email saying 'my magplant disappeared, could you refund it?'. I believe that they just have to take a look at the logs and they'll see that I am (we are) right and they can start working on a fix and refund all the lost items.
    Last edited by CzeGamer; 05-23-2020 at 05:09 AM.
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

  4. #4

    Default

    If I'm not wrong there's something wrong with the item pick up system. On mobile when you pick up a bunch of individual items it will only show that you picked up one of it in the chat box and sometimes the item you picked up doesn't go to your inventory.

    Another possibility is theres something wrong with the device , for example when one of my friend purchased a megaphone from Locke and he says that it went missing but when I went to his account I was able to see it.

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer CzeGamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SupremeGosu View Post
    Another possibility is theres something wrong with the device , for example when one of my friend purchased a megaphone from Locke and he says that it went missing but when I went to his account I was able to see it.
    I hope that this doesn't gets me banned since account sharing is illegal, but I've thought of that too and asked my friend that I could try logging into his account, none of the lost stuff was there.. (Celestial Lance, Valkyrie's Wings & Growtokens)
    Last edited by CzeGamer; 05-23-2020 at 05:12 AM.
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Noobified's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    at POWFARTSV2
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    hmm strange... last week i lost my zinc and was gonna buy a new one (but was lazy and didn’t really care). When i was starting to do parkour with my friends, i looked in my inventory and there it was! i swear it was gone, even when i searched it up in my inventory.
    ign:Noobified
    instagram:https://www.instagram.com/noobifiedgt/
    Discord: Noobified#7916


    A new Growmoji in my collection: 4/15 Growtokens

    current active world: powfartsv2

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer CzeGamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noobified View Post
    hmm strange... last week i lost my zinc and was gonna buy a new one (but was lazy and didn’t really care). When i was starting to do parkour with my friends, i looked in my inventory and there it was! i swear it was gone, even when i searched it up in my inventory.
    EXACTLY what I am talking about, the items just go missing and randomly appears back, it's ok if it's few WLs item, whatever, but one of my friends has lost stuff like 20 DLs and the other Magplant + Gaia's Beacons and he can't run BFGs now, which is major issue for him, since he run few BFGs daily every 12 hours and profit World Locks off Carrot Blocks and support will definitely take more than 2 weeks to reply and I suppose, it'll be reply like 'We don't refund lost items' or 'You've probably got hacked', as other peoples that have lost some items said that support replied that to them..
    Last edited by CzeGamer; 05-23-2020 at 05:13 AM.
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

  8. #8
    Cursed
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    de eart
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    There could be :

    a) a sort of ongoing attack on the servers that corrupts certain parts, such as world info, backpack, storage, or even critical stuff (that could be the reason why we keep getting server crashes)

    b) a breached backdoor system that lets people manipulate data, albeit unlikely. Things like this could be hidden from everyone for a long time, such as on 2b2t where a ~2-year long backdoor breach went undiscovered

    c) a server corruption as a result of poor performance or broken hardware, which is the most probable

  9. #9
    Lesser Knight AteNutela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeGamer View Post
    Hi,
    I would like to point out an pretty major issue.
    First time I've seen this happen was in middle of April, my Nano Curse Bot just went missing, I do not borrow any stuff to anyone and I also have the Bot permanently in my inventory, since I do few surgs every day, once it just wasn't there, I had no clue where it could be, I've checked EVERY SINGLE world that I do own (and trust me, it took a while, I have over 190 worlds) with Growscan and I have not found it, I thought that I may have just recycled it accidentally or I don't know what, so I've just ignored it, few days ago, I've logged in and started breaking, wanted to equip Rayman and guess what was next to Rayman's Fist in my inventory? Yes, Nano Nurse Bot, I may sound stupid, I know, that's what people told me, that I had it in my inventory for 8 days and not realizing it (even though I checked inventory atleast 5 times to make sure + I would have seen it since it's literally next to Rayman's Fist and I break few times a day), I had no clue what could have happened, so I've just ignored it and was glad that I got it back, somehow..

    Few days later I wanted to make an BFG and I couldn't find my Builder's Lock, I thought that I left it placed somewhere and went to sleep, next day when I've logged in, it was in my inventory, this could also just mean that I am stupid, let's move on.

    Few days ago, few of my friends started losing stuff,
    1st friend has lost 29 Growtokens, Celestial Lance and Valkyrie's Wings (2 days ago), no, he was not hacked, he had few DLs and other stuff on him which hasn't disappeared, also, his stuff is still missing.
    2nd friend has lost 50 Growtokens, they just went missing, also, he wasn't hacked, he also had everything, except the Growtokens.
    3rd friend has harvested about half of his Laser Grid farm and used 2 Gaia's Beacons, 1 Magplant, Builder's lock and Punch Jammer, during the harvesting, there was already an public BFG for peoples, there was few peoples breaking as he said, while he was harvesting, the servers has crashed (if you do not know, there was server crash for like an hour or so), after the servers started to work again, he came back to his BFG and guess what, the farm was fully ready, all the trees were ready to harvest, not even single tree harvested and his stuff that I've mentioned before (2G'sB, MP, B'sL & PJ) were NOT in the world and are not in his inventory nor any of his worlds, they're just missing, I believe that the servers rollbacked a bit and he either lost the stuff due to that some kind of 'rollback' or he actually got his stuff in his inventory thanks to the rollback but 'inventory glitch' happened to him..

    Now, I've wanted to check if we're the only one experiencing this issue, so I went to 'Bug and Glitches' sub forum and guess what? MULTIPLE threads of type 'My stuff has disappeared', all of the same kind, some lost the stuff, then got it back, some haven't got it back and Ubisoft support replied that they've got hacked, support won't understand, which is reasonable, saying that 'my stuff disappeared' sounds fishy, not gonna lie.

    Also, the links to the threads posted in last few days in 'Bugs and Glitches' sub-forum
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...n-my-inventory
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...or-dynamo-gone
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...and-UT-missing
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...n-due-to-a-Bug (this COULD be related, not sure though)
    Check the replies on the threads, way more people experienced (or are experiencing) the same issue.

    I've contacted Misthios and Pangloss but they said there's nothing that can be done except contacting support, which doesn't work (don't take this as an offense Pangloss or Misthios), so I am making this thread and asking if there's anything that could be done, I have contact to my friends which has lost the stuff, if any moderator/ubistaff wanna talk about it and actually try to solve it somehow, hit me up (private message me your Discord, I don't wanna post my name there since people could create fake accounts to act like mods or whatever).

    I believe that the 'new' backpack update is causing this issue, I don't know how, but I have never seen this kind of stuff happening since the backpack update (I do not mean the categories, I mean when they've increased the limit from 196 to 396, but it might have started happening since the very first update, I don't know to be honest).

    Also, excuse my english, tried my best to make the thread understandable.
    Maybe we should put our valuables in our safe vault like i always do when i leave growtopia for months or longer.

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer Mr. Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Guess It
    Posts
    2,772

    Default

    This is very alarming and I’m f*cked if this is real. I don’t know how many and what are my items in my inventory since I’m a messy person
    Sell Secret of Growtopia at BARTERS, left of white door 60/wl.

    Buying any surgical tools 20/wl(Assorted are accepted). Message me

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer CzeGamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
    This is very alarming and I’m f*cked if this is real. I don’t know how many and what are my items in my inventory since I’m a messy person
    I wouldn't made this thread just from my experience, but there's way more people than me who got affected by this plus the fact that I've seen my friend using his Magplant and Gaias before the crash and after the crash, they're just gone..
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer CzeGamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    There could be :

    a) a sort of ongoing attack on the servers that corrupts certain parts, such as world info, backpack, storage, or even critical stuff (that could be the reason why we keep getting server crashes)

    b) a breached backdoor system that lets people manipulate data, albeit unlikely. Things like this could be hidden from everyone for a long time, such as on 2b2t where a ~2-year long backdoor breach went undiscovered

    c) a server corruption as a result of poor performance or broken hardware, which is the most probable
    c) looks real to me since there's around 60k people daily at once and the hardware/s might just couldn't take that..maybe
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •