Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spamming through Copy-Pasting

Default Spamming through Copy-Pasting

It's unusual when a player (excluding bots) types a very long sentence/paragraph repeatedly in the time span of a mili-second for each message (chat bubble). This often happens in worlds where players would want to advertise their worlds. For example, worlds like BUYRARENAME, BUYFOSSIL, etc. The most logical explanation behind this is that the player is simply copy-pasting.

I believe that it's not very difficult to confirm whether or not a player is copy-pasting the same message repeatedly (especially in a very short duration). These players who gain an unfair advantage should be punished accordingly and the punishment given should not differ to the punishment given to spam-bots. In addition to these players gaining an unfair advantage, these players also encourage OTHER players in that same world who receive a major disadvantage to start spamming.

I believe that it should only take up a small portion of a moderator's time to do this because as I have mentioned before, it does not take much time to be able to confirm whether a player is copy-pasting or not.

(I acknowledge that some players are very fast at typing but when the players types out 3-4 lines through one message in the duration of a mili-second, it does raise an awful amount of suspicion.)
    IGN: Vrags
    Thingamabob at skill 43
    Legendary Wings on 1/9/19

Lesser Wizard

Apparently, you can't copy paste in growtopia. Those spammer use third party app to spam.
    IGN : Fleir

Actually, you can on mobile devices without the use of 3rd party applications.
    Hi, I'm Daisy!

Master Sorcerer

Actually, sometimes it is hard to know the difference between a Fast typer and a Copy/Paste Bot Spammer. I myself am a fast typer, averaging 125WPM. I can easily do what the bots do, perhaps not each millisecond, but fast enough to be counted as a Spammer.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Lesser Wizard

No. You can due to the new chat system.
    IGN : IWONTSURF

I'm bored.

I'm selling carnival quest service.
    Press the link below !

Quote Originally Posted by Nobel View Post
    Actually, sometimes it is hard to know the difference between a Fast typer and a Copy/Paste Bot Spammer. I myself am a fast typer, averaging 125WPM. I can easily do what the bots do, perhaps not each millisecond, but fast enough to be counted as a Spammer.
    Yeah it's completely understandable to be able to write a lot however it just seems impossible to see the chat bubble pop up for the duration of a millisecond / second, followed by 3-4 lines of text in a single message. Also often with multiple colors and perfect accuracy.
    IGN: Vrags
    Thingamabob at skill 43
    Legendary Wings on 1/9/19

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Vrags View Post
    Yeah it's completely understandable to be able to write a lot however it just seems impossible to see the chat bubble pop up for the duration of a millisecond / second, followed by 3-4 lines of text in a single message. Also often with multiple colors and perfect accuracy.

Yeah I agree, I wouldn't be able to repeat the same message over and over again within milliseconds (if over 5+ words).
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowish View Post
    Apparently, you can't copy paste in growtopia. Those spammer use third party app to spam.
    Apparently you can!
    I been able to use copy pasting before using iPad. No, I don’t have any third party app, in fact there’s is none available for iOS about copy pasting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mykzben View Post
    No. You can due to the new chat system.
    Yep the new chat system made copy pasting easier. Now I can copy paste using my phone
    Due to the white line where you type the words, you can now highlight the words

Anddd is there a rule about copy pasting? As far as I know it’s legal as long as you don’t spam
    Sell Secret of Growtopia at BARTERS, left of white door 60/wl.

Buying any surgical tools 20/wl(Assorted are accepted). Message me

I think its categorized as game exploits and not a feature
    Signatured.

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
    Apparently you can!
    I been able to use copy pasting before using iPad. No, I don’t have any third party app, in fact there’s is none available for iOS about copy pasting.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep the new chat system made copy pasting easier. Now I can copy paste using my phone
    Due to the white line where you type the words, you can now highlight the words

Anddd is there a rule about copy pasting? As far as I know it’s legal as long as you don’t spam
    Ah, sorry I didn't know about that. But I think most spammer spams with 3rd party program as it is easier + they could just put their alt at some random world and start spamming while their real acc is somewhere else earning those dirty locks.
    IGN : Fleir

When the new chat update came out for iOS, it allows you to copy-paste. Also even before that you were able to copy paste on an iPad for some reason. I used to save messages that I wanted to tell my friends but not retype a billion times and then paste it lol.
    In Game Name: TheArctic
    Main World: THEARCTIC

Winner of the 2020 KYDERBY world building contest!

Credits for my avatar go to Oscur

Doesn't Growtopia's spam detection system trigger at around 35+ WPM?
    "The only other thing I hate is having to waste my time reading this signature."

❖ YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/MemeHero/

❖ Info:
    IGN: MemeHero -- (GL) of MEMES.
    Level: 75
    2013 player.

❖ Worlds:
    > MEMES
    > WHIM
    > HUNGERGAMES
    > FNAFWORLD

❖ Goals:
    1. Get a WOTD and a VOTD.
    2. Become known for something.
    3. Be the first to discover a recipe for a new item.

Join us!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GTUOfficial2013/
    - MemeHero, Owner of Growtopia University.