Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 18

Thread: How to make the perfect instant noodle?

  1. #1
    Master Sorcerer Ecrivain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Where the cold wind blows
    Posts
    1,302

    Default How to make the perfect instant noodle?

    What’s up fellow forumers, i have come to ask for wisdom

    Because birthday cake is highly overated, i have decided to make myself an instant noodle for my own birthday (which is at July btw) but of course my skill at cooking is super low, as low as my self esteem.

    Therefore, i came to ask on how to make the perfect instant noodle, so i can satisfy myself in the warm grasp of a noodle.
    tu me manques.
    IGN : Floydz0
    My Insta : ecrii_
    Quote Originally Posted by Her View Post
    i want to break up.

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer Jedaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Mods' watchlist
    Posts
    4,033

    Default

    you throw the noodles away and cook spaghetti

    ░▒▓███████▓▒░
    ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
    ░▒▓███████▓▒░
    ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
    ▽⧩▼▼▼⧨▽
    Random stuff in GOLA
    ▲◭△△△◮▲
    ┅⊏⧖⊐┅

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer Ecrivain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Where the cold wind blows
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    you throw the noodles away and cook spaghetti
    Spaghetti honestly sound nice, but i lack the knowledge of such complex Italian quisine and i might accidentally create a black hole instead
    tu me manques.
    IGN : Floydz0
    My Insta : ecrii_
    Quote Originally Posted by Her View Post
    i want to break up.

  4. #4
    Master Sorcerer Jedaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Mods' watchlist
    Posts
    4,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecrivain View Post
    Spaghetti honestly sound nice, but i lack the knowledge of such complex Italian quisine and i might accidentally create a black hole instead
    Oh in that case I think you should try hot pockets. They're a delicacy.

    ░▒▓███████▓▒░
    ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
    ░▒▓███████▓▒░
    ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
    ▽⧩▼▼▼⧨▽
    Random stuff in GOLA
    ▲◭△△△◮▲
    ┅⊏⧖⊐┅

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Ecrivain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Where the cold wind blows
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    Oh in that case I think you should try hot pockets. They're a delicacy.
    That’s not a bad idea, thanks!
    tu me manques.
    IGN : Floydz0
    My Insta : ecrii_
    Quote Originally Posted by Her View Post
    i want to break up.

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer Cahtster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Random_House.png
    Posts
    3,117

    Default

    are you talking about the cup ones or the ones that comes in a pack?

    if youre talking about the cup ones, i mean, whyd you even bother asking how to make it perfect, just put a hot water, in any hot temperature you want and its up to you when to consume it. its perfecc the way you intended it to be consumed.

    as for the pack ones... uh, just keep the heat low to prevent it from making too much steam since itll overflow and your flavor packets are basically either sticking up on the cover or on the stovetop. spilling everywhere. as for the consistency, i use 2 or 2 any half cups of water... why? because not all the noodles ive bought requires the same amount of water needed. yeah, idk, maybe its just me but at least im not someone who just pours and looks then say "DIS GOOD, JUST POUR IT!" well, as for the noodle texture, i mean, its up to you if you want it too chewy or melts in your mouth. me and everyone else has their own texture preferences so yah and if you want it long or broken to pieces (to make it to broken pieces, i suggest to grab the packet when its not opened, bend it in half and its already good and separated into smaller pieces) just go for the two. also, please mix it so the noodles will actually blend in with the water well, for me its better than dropping it and i prefer to make the water warm up then drop the noodles then the packets to stir for a short time.

    viola, your typical friend food and project group food, school food, fckingdonttrythesupercheaponestheyresoplainandterr ible
    listening to a song with a tragic message often helps me to convey my emotions by being in the singer's position to feel it...

    Glow~


    one day,
    ill be playing a guitar on a rainy day,
    singing about it~

  7. #7
    Master Sorcerer KaguyaIsSick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Boundaries of Gensokyo
    Posts
    609

    Default

    if you are talking about the cup one, please read this vvv.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    if youre talking about the cup ones, i mean, whyd you even bother asking how to make it perfect, just put a hot water, in any hot temperature you want and its up to you when to consume it. its perfecc the way you intended it to be consumed.
    also I usually add seasonings before I pour hot water on it.

    this is how i cook the pack one, (my 14 yrs old boy who can only cook instant noodles and egg style.)
    firstly, i boil water (no specific heat, just boil it) when it boils, i put the noodles in the pot of boiling water. and then after 30 secs, i put egg (optional) in the pot to make poached egg, if you wanna do this, be careful because i accidentally made an egg sticked on the bottom of the pot once. after that around 2 mins, i put some pork in the pot to make boiled pork along with the noodles and egg. and then i usually wait around 5 mins stirring noodles and pork around (don't hit the egg or it will goes messy) when i'm done, i get a bowl and pour things from the pot to the bowl. now put on the seasonings then it's done.

    that's actually how i cook instant noodles (pack)


    seriously, get the cup one then everything will be a lot easier.
    IGN: Meramipop
    Touhou and anime is my lifeeeeee

    Quote Originally Posted by Minamiya Natsuki
    Don't address your teacher with -chan!
    best quote ever

    good song

  8. #8
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    387

    Default

    raw is the way to go
    ign: DylanRider
    discord: Squishie#9329
    some random stuff at VLRA!

  9. #9
    Master Sorcerer Chem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Unstable
    Posts
    4,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squishie View Post
    raw is the way to go
    Yeah, Why eat it soggy while you can eat it crunchy?
    ~Chemmie
    Discord: Chemmie #7714

  10. #10
    Master Sorcerer KaguyaIsSick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Boundaries of Gensokyo
    Posts
    609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chem View Post
    Yeah, Why eat it soggy while you can eat it crunchy?
    lol this reminds me when i was younger.
    i get a instant noodles pack, open it then get those seasonings out. now mash those crunchy instant noodles. now it's broken into small pieces. pour down the seasonings and then close the pack (i wish i could show picture lol) and then shake, now it's ready to eat.
    IGN: Meramipop
    Touhou and anime is my lifeeeeee

    Quote Originally Posted by Minamiya Natsuki
    Don't address your teacher with -chan!
    best quote ever

    good song

  11. #11
    Master Sorcerer Ecrivain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Where the cold wind blows
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cahtster View Post
    are you talking about the cup ones or the ones that comes in a pack?

    if youre talking about the cup ones, i mean, whyd you even bother asking how to make it perfect, just put a hot water, in any hot temperature you want and its up to you when to consume it. its perfecc the way you intended it to be consumed.

    as for the pack ones... uh, just keep the heat low to prevent it from making too much steam since itll overflow and your flavor packets are basically either sticking up on the cover or on the stovetop. spilling everywhere. as for the consistency, i use 2 or 2 any half cups of water... why? because not all the noodles ive bought requires the same amount of water needed. yeah, idk, maybe its just me but at least im not someone who just pours and looks then say "DIS GOOD, JUST POUR IT!" well, as for the noodle texture, i mean, its up to you if you want it too chewy or melts in your mouth. me and everyone else has their own texture preferences so yah and if you want it long or broken to pieces (to make it to broken pieces, i suggest to grab the packet when its not opened, bend it in half and its already good and separated into smaller pieces) just go for the two. also, please mix it so the noodles will actually blend in with the water well, for me its better than dropping it and i prefer to make the water warm up then drop the noodles then the packets to stir for a short time.

    viola, your typical friend food and project group food, school food, fckingdonttrythesupercheaponestheyresoplainandterr ible
    Ah yes, i prefer the pack one! I only eat cup noodles when i’m on a road trip

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by KaguyaIsSick View Post
    if you are talking about the cup one, please read this vvv.

    also I usually add seasonings before I pour hot water on it.

    this is how i cook the pack one, (my 14 yrs old boy who can only cook instant noodles and egg style.)
    firstly, i boil water (no specific heat, just boil it) when it boils, i put the noodles in the pot of boiling water. and then after 30 secs, i put egg (optional) in the pot to make poached egg, if you wanna do this, be careful because i accidentally made an egg sticked on the bottom of the pot once. after that around 2 mins, i put some pork in the pot to make boiled pork along with the noodles and egg. and then i usually wait around 5 mins stirring noodles and pork around (don't hit the egg or it will goes messy) when i'm done, i get a bowl and pour things from the pot to the bowl. now put on the seasonings then it's done.

    that's actually how i cook instant noodles (pack)


    seriously, get the cup one then everything will be a lot easier.
    Thank you! But i rather eat pack noodle

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Squishie View Post
    raw is the way to go
    Honestly this is a pretty good idea, i can relive my childhood of sneaking to the fridge and steal an instant noodle
    tu me manques.
    IGN : Floydz0
    My Insta : ecrii_
    Quote Originally Posted by Her View Post
    i want to break up.

  12. #12
    Master Sorcerer spotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Homeless
    Posts
    754

    Default

    Change the water after boiling and boil it a bit again, this takes away the borax which causes cancer and taste like a cardboard.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •