Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 Second Delay Before The Super Broadcast Goes Live

Default 30 Second Delay Before The Super Broadcast Goes Live

So SB blocking is a thing to have more people on the world. But many abuse it.

The thing i want to change is that i want to have a 30 second delay before the SB goes on air. With that, the person that is going to SB don't know if they are going to block someone or not. And make it also make it so that moderators can see the SB without the 30 second delay so they can block the SB(if something is wrong) or let them go on air after the 30second delay

For example:"/sb I am buying ripper wings 1/hl" After he presses the "Enter" button he will have to wait 30seconds(not a queue)till his SB goes live

Another example:"/sb Drop game in here" In this case he will have to wait 30seconds to get that sb live. OR moderators can see the broadcast without the 30 second delay and they have 30 seconds to respond by have them block the sb and ban the user.

Intentional block:
    -Waits till someone sb to block someone
    -can stack up to 5 blocks
    -more people in last sb; smaller people for the first four
    -famous people cant stand a chance against sb blockers
    -kinda tired waiting for an sb to not get blocked
    -people get scared to press the "broadcast" button

UNINTENTIONAL BLOCK(with delay)
    -less sb blocks
    -sb blocks are 2 or 3 in rare cases
    -after typing the sb there is no need to be scared to press the "Broadcast" button
    -mods can block sb if there is wrong

also, MOST of the people that is interested to go to the world /GO but mostly the sb gets blocked. and the possible outcomes are:
    -being too lazy to exit the world and type the world name
    -typed /go but too late and went to the wrong world

Also my main point is to make SB blocking unintentional and by making people not scared pressing the "broadcast" button because the fear of being blocked

EDIT: many hate the 30 seconds so i think 10 seconds is enough.
    EDIT: it is not a queue
    Last edited by Capers; 05-29-2020 at 02:14 PM.
    <html>
    <body>
    <font size=10 color=blue>
    IGN: Cwicks
    IT EXPERT~~Well, not really. But i can solve most of your technical problems
    Discord: Cwicks#1355
    My channel:

</font>
    </body>
    </html>

30 seconds is too much. Maybe 5?

░▒▓███████▓▒░
    ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
    ░▒▓███████▓▒░
    ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
    ▽⧩▼▼▼⧨▽
    Random stuff in GOLA
    ▲◭△△△◮▲
    ┅⊏⧖⊐┅

That would cause many, many sbs being held in queue. Imagine there are about 20 sbs goes live every 30 seconds. Adding 30 seconds delay for each broadcast to goes live mean whoever in 20th position would see their broadcast actually goes live after 10 minutes. This number will goes up and up stacking above each other until it reaches for example 100 sbs in queue.

Now this is what I call a decent idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MiMelody View Post
    That would cause many, many sbs being held in queue. Imagine there are about 20 sbs goes live every 30 seconds. Adding 30 seconds delay for each broadcast to goes live mean whoever in 20th position would see their broadcast actually goes live after 10 minutes. This number will goes up and up stacking above each other until it reaches for example 100 sbs in queue.
    I think by 30 sec delay he meant that it would go live after 30 secs of pressing "broadcast", not making a queue.
    I am big noob.
    I had 5 DLs , now I have 2.
    I joined #teamloss, and lost my soul.
    losing WLs forever, that's what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by MiMelody View Post
    It is not a queue it is more like of if you press sb you will have to wait EXACTLY 30 seconds.. no queues involved
    <html>
    <body>
    My channel:

</font>
    </body>
    </html>

This would do absolutely nothing. If 2 people start the 30 second timer at the same time, either one is going to block the other. If it were a random time, same thing. It all comes down to when the players press the enter. The only plausible solution to stop sb blocking is to add a queue of ~3-5 seconds, which might be not so wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Joni2 View Post
    This would do absolutely nothing. If 2 people start the 30 second timer at the same time, either one is going to block the other. If it were a random time, same thing. It all comes down to when the players press the enter. The only plausible solution to stop sb blocking is to add a queue of ~3-5 seconds, which might be not so wanted.
    That is the thing. My goal is to make sb blocking non intentional because right now when you sb you will wait some time to not get blocked and to block someone intentionally.

And if there is a 30 second delay it would be useful because you dont know if you are going to block someone or not. And give the mods chance to block the sb if something is wrong before the sb goes live
    <html>
    <body>
    My channel:

</font>
    </body>
    </html>

Master Sorcerer RandomGrowtopiaChicken's Avatar

This is honestly an amazing idea - SB blocking is a very annoying thing and this should reduce it for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Capers View Post
    That is the thing. My goal is to make sb blocking non intentional because right now when you sb you will wait some time to not get blocked and to block someone intentionally.

And if there is a 30 second delay it would be useful because you dont know if you are going to block someone or not. And give the mods chance to block the sb if something is wrong before the sb goes live
    Ohh, now I see it. It would work, a smaller delay like 5 seconds would be better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Capers View Post
    So SB blocking is a thing to have more people on the world. But many abuse it.

The thing i want to change is that i want to have a 30 second delay before the SB goes on air. With that, the person that is going to SB don't know if they are going to block someone or not. And make it also make it so that moderators can see the SB without the 30 second delay so they can block the SB(if something is wrong) or let them go on air after the 30second delay

EDIT: It is not a queue

For example:"/sb I am buying ripper wings 1/hl" After he presses the "Enter" button he will have to wait 30seconds(not a queue)till his SB goes live

Another example:"/sb Drop game in here" In this case he will have to wait 30seconds to get that sb live. OR moderators can see the broadcast without the 30 second delay and they have 30 seconds to respond by have them block the sb and ban the user.
    Please stop... just stop man. After they've added the 10min cdr it's literally hell for us. Another way to think about this is:

Let's say there's around 40sbs/minute

Do you really want us to wait 30s per sb?

Also, sbs are really cheap rn so if you're one of those who's risking his wls to sb once, just don't sb. Sb once you're rich or have wls you don't mind losing... 10 mins to sb is already a hell, i can't do anything and i just sit there like a duck waiting for my 10min cd to go away so i can sb again

Besides, when you broadcast something, it does not mean that people should come to your world... When I sb i don't really care who comes as long as those who are interested come by. It's not all 65 people in the world would buy ur thing
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

Quote Originally Posted by Law_Growtopia View Post

Also, sbs are really cheap rn so if you're one of those who's risking his wls to sb once, just don't sb. Sb once you're rich or have wls you don't mind losing
    who said anything about wealth.................

Tediore is a good company change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 10bang View Post
    who said anything about wealth.................
    You wouldn't wanna sb if you're gonna potentially risk 25+wls lmao just because i reply to anything doesn't mean I'm trying to brag smh
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"