Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Suggestion - how to stop casino games.

  1. #1

    Lightbulb Suggestion - how to stop casino games.

    Hello Growtopians!

    I am writing to give some recommendations about - how to stop illegal game ( Casino ).
    I saw the biggest problem in Growtopia game - Breaking Rules.
    The biggest problem with breaking rules - is casino games.

    First of all I would recommend to remove roulette wheel notification.
    Reasons and ways out .:
    1. If it will be removed people can't host or play casino games anymore.
    2. Less work for moderators.
    3. There will be no people who got scammed or lost items by playing casino games. The result - Fewer people will quit.
    4. If roulette wheel notification would be deleted and block will be left, the mass projects wont be gone. Just it will become like a normal block, which wont give any action.

    Second how about to make for a word (CASINO) censore? For example .: if player writes word : Casino it would show censured word. And by that way people cant create worlds named casino too.

    How do you think?

    Have a good day, and be safe

    Best regards,
    Distiny

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Distiny View Post
    Hello Growtopians!

    I am writing to give some recomendations about - how to stop illegal game ( Casino ).
    I saw the biggest problem in Growtopia game - Breaking Rules.
    The biggest problem with breaking rules - is casino games.

    First of all I would recomend to remowe roulete wheel notification.
    Reasons and ways out .:
    1. If it will be remowed people can't host or play casino games anymore.
    2. Less work for moderators.
    3. There will be no people who got scammed or lost items by playing casino games. The result - Fewer people will quit.
    4. If roulete wheel notification would be deleted and block will be left, the mass projects wont be gone. Just it will become like a normal block, which wont give any action.

    Second what about to make for a word (CASINO) censore? For example .: if player writes word : Casino it would show censured word. And by that way people cant create worlds named casino too.

    How do you think?

    Have a good day, and be safe

    Best regards,
    Distiny
    thing is.. casinos don't just use roulette.. some use farmables from what I have seen. Using the word "Casino" could alert moderators maybe.. not sure if its worth censoring though.

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer RandomGrowtopiaChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    waiting for my chickens..
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Hello, welcome to the forums!

    Sadly removing roulette wheels wouldn't change anything since there is a lot of other ways to gamble on random rng aspects of the game.
    But censoring the word "casino" would be helpful. Also, other worlds related to casinos/betting such as "csn" should be censored as well.

  4. #4
    Lesser Wizard LavaPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Valhowla
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Why people keep on suggesting the same "solution" for casino halt.
    Like not only is that method useless, but read other people's thread suggesting the same thing and the replies to those threads.
    It is like the rayman and mag threads.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomGrowtopiaChicken View Post
    Hello, welcome to the forums!

    Sadly removing roulette wheels wouldn't change anything since there is a lot of other ways to gamble on random rng aspects of the game.
    But censoring the word "casino" would be helpful. Also, other worlds related to casinos/betting such as "csn" should be censored as well.
    SO? The CSN term can change into any other combination upon need. Censoring world names is irrelevant.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sorry for being bit rude. My bad
    You are trying to help the community out and My reaction was pretty bad hahah
    Welcome Distiny!
    IGN: LavaPunch

  5. #5
    Lesser Knight space cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    37

    Default

    This is probably a really stupid idea but it could at least reduce the scams being done in casinos.

    My suggestion is to legalize casinos. But these casinos would be ran by ubisoft.

    There would be a world, where two players could put their world locks into a machine, and the machine would give the total amount of world locks to one of the players. Or maybe a slot machine that you would toss your world locks into, and the machine would double your world locks by a chance of %50.

    The reason people gamble their world locks in casinos instead of buying valentine's packs, or any other rng based legal thing is that the chances of winning at those are so low. While the chance of getting a golden heart crystal is less than %1, the chance of doubling your world locks in a casino is %50.
    I'm Rena Bruiant. I love dogs. Doesn't everyone?

  6. #6
    Lesser Wizard MiMelody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by space cowboy View Post
    This is probably a really stupid idea but it could at least reduce the scams being done in casinos.

    My suggestion is to legalize casinos. But these casinos would be ran by ubisoft.
    It was made illegal due to a reason... Refer to this old thread made by the Developer: https://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showth...L-IN-GROWTOPIA

  7. #7
    Lesser Wizard LavaPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Valhowla
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by space cowboy View Post
    This is probably a really stupid idea but it could at least reduce the scams being done in casinos.

    My suggestion is to legalize casinos. But these casinos would be ran by ubisoft.

    There would be a world, where two players could put their world locks into a machine, and the machine would give the total amount of world locks to one of the players. Or maybe a slot machine that you would toss your world locks into, and the machine would double your world locks by a chance of %50.

    The reason people gamble their world locks in casinos instead of buying valentine's packs, or any other rng based legal thing is that the chances of winning at those are so low. While the chance of getting a golden heart crystal is less than %1, the chance of doubling your world locks in a casino is %50.
    True. There are lots of indirect legal gambling. You talked about valentine, but what about the 3dl summer bargain to get some beach parasol.
    I personally am not a csn player and i Never played it even when it was legal.
    But making it legal to a certain extent will reduce the csn spread.
    I suggest maybe implementing a yearly event where mods/ guardians run casino for fun where players can only bet 10% what they own worth wls (after showing the hosts) so that no one quits the game bcs of that.
    IGN: LavaPunch

  8. #8
    Lesser Knight space cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiMelody View Post
    It was made illegal due to a reason... Refer to this old thread made by the Developer: https://www.rtsoft.com/forums/showth...L-IN-GROWTOPIA
    I've seen loads of players quit after losing all their world locks on summer surprises/super fireworks etc. If the reason casinos were made illegal is people getting upset, they should remove every kind of rng from the game as well, which is impossible.

    Players gamble their world locks on purpose. If moderators can't find a way to stop casinos (obviously banning them one by one is not enough) they could at least make it so no one gets scammed.
    I'm Rena Bruiant. I love dogs. Doesn't everyone?

  9. #9
    Knight
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    8 Mile
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Distiny View Post
    Hello Growtopians!

    I am writing to give some recommendations about - how to stop illegal game ( Casino ).
    I saw the biggest problem in Growtopia game - Breaking Rules.
    The biggest problem with breaking rules - is casino games.

    First of all I would recommend to remove roulette wheel notification.
    Reasons and ways out .:
    1. If it will be removed people can't host or play casino games anymore.
    2. Less work for moderators.
    3. There will be no people who got scammed or lost items by playing casino games. The result - Fewer people will quit.
    4. If roulette wheel notification would be deleted and block will be left, the mass projects wont be gone. Just it will become like a normal block, which wont give any action.

    Second how about to make for a word (CASINO) censore? For example .: if player writes word : Casino it would show censured word. And by that way people cant create worlds named casino too.

    How do you think?

    Have a good day, and be safe

    Best regards,
    Distiny
    The only way is Banish Casino scammers, which is impossible though but that would make casino legal again
    what

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •