Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royal Lock Nerf / Price Manipulation

Default Royal Lock Nerf / Price Manipulation

Hey, so this post is going to be on my take on the horrible Price Manipulation going on right now. My example I'm using for the Rayman's Fist. The owner of the BUYRAYMAN link (Jablay and his world BUYRAYMANJABLAY) and friends/admins own/are buying many Rayman's Fists and manipulating the price to make a quick profit. The Royal Lock is a huge help to them because it allows the owner to mute the whole world making Billboards and private messaging the only way of communication. To add to this problem, the owner sits there on an alternative account and messages people that if they don't sell their Rayman's Fist for a certain price they will be banned from the world. Naturally, if you are trying to sell/buy an item you would not want to be banned from the most popular trade world of that item.

I found out about these methods that they are using while I was trying to sell a Rayman's fist today. I was a bit desperate for World Locks so I put my Billboard to a cheaper price than everyone else in the world. I was then messaged by either an alternative account of the owner or one if he/she's friends. The message read, "don't sell under 80 dl or ban." At first, I thought that this was just a player trying to get everyone to raise the price but then shortly after the person who messaged me left, I was banned by the owner of the world.

The overall takeaway from this post is that the Silence feature on the Royal Lock is being abused.

Here are some pictures proving my scenario.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 2.17.54 AM.png
Views: 133
Size:  43.3 KB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 2.18.00 AM.png
Views: 135
Size:  39.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarken (ciarken) View Post
    if you want to flex go to SHOW or something

Peasant

Ehh, the whole point of the specialty of Royal Lock would be nonsense, but i am also worried bc there is a huge price manipulation happenimg although I'm not planing to buy Rayman. You can report it to Ubisoft and i think they will eventually nuke BuyRayman.

Damn, that "Don't sell under 80 dls or ban" thing is absolute bull. I don't think Ubisoft will nerf royal locks though as that's one of the two features that make the Royal Lock special.
    Watch one of my videos!:

[/CENTER]

Lesser Wizard

Royal Lock will eventually lose its essence if it's nerfed, but regarding the price manipulation, I'm just looking forward for people to find a way to trade freely and avoid those greedy actions.
    GrowID: ProdigyDawn
    IG: @prodigydawn
    ProdigyDawn#5608

Cursed

royal locks should only cut down the amount of letters you can say to 32 or something

like, instead of "silence everyone" and "peasants must not speak", change it to "quiet the peasants" and "the rulers would like some peace" when you say something more than 32 letters

Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatisme View Post
    royal locks should only cut down the amount of letters you can say to 32 or something

like, instead of "silence everyone" and "peasants must not speak", change it to "quiet the peasants" and "the rulers would like some peace" when you say something more than 32 letters
    Or how about a timer on chat? like you can only chat after 20 - 50 seconds.
    “We know from daily life that we exist for other people first of all, for whose smiles and well-being our own happiness depends.”
    -Albert Einstein

Lesser Wizard

How about a function where Royal Lock would “un-mute” once owner and/or admins leave the world?

In addition to that, to prevent owner or admins afking permanently to perma-mute the world owner and admins would be kicked every 1 hour, yes people could use macro programs to bypass but it would be easy to detect and i doubt they'd do it.

Wasn't the point of Royal Lock to provide peace from spam to owners and admins in the first place?

sounds like a ridiculous idea but I think the normal World level requirements and world timer should be reserved for the royal lock and just remove the mute/mute players for the first 5 minutes or so
    IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Corejanjan View Post
    Ehh, the whole point of the specialty of Royal Lock would be nonsense, but i am also worried bc there is a huge price manipulation happenimg although I'm not planing to buy Rayman. You can report it to Ubisoft and I think they will eventually nuke BuyRayman.
    I actually did report it to Ubisoft and since there is no good section to report this too I put it as a player report and instead of them responding I got a prewritten email saying, "Thank you for reporting inappropriate behavior. Obviously, we cannot ban people just on the say-so of other players. Even when we get screenshots or videos or other forms of "evidence" we can't actually know what was happening at the time." Which if they would have actually READ my report, I addressed this because I knew this would be the outcome, which clearly shows that they didn't read my ticket. I replied to this saying, "
    I received an email saying that you, "cannot ban people just on the say-so of other players." I don't know if this is an automatic reply due to the category of support ticket sent. Whether it is or not, please read through the ticket and view the attachments. Best regards."
    Shortly after I got an email saying, "Hi,Sorry but we have already answered your inquiry. Any more e-mails regarding this issue will not be entertained.
    Best regards, @LunaPurl Growtopia Staff."
    Its nice to know that Ubisoft is such great help in problems like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarken (ciarken) View Post
    if you want to flex go to SHOW or something

Feel free to trade at BUYRAY people choose to trade at BUYRAYMAN with 3 links and a muted world.

BUYRAY is open and not muted please spread the word
    Hey it's me

Ign:Manup

"If you're too open-minded; your brains will fall out.”
    ― Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Why do people say "no offense" right when they're about to offend you?

+1 10 chars
    <html>
    <body>
    <font size=10 color=blue>
    IGN: Cwicks
    IT EXPERT~~Well, not really. But i can solve most of your technical problems
    Discord: Cwicks#1355
    My channel:

</font>
    </body>
    </html>

Hope they take some serious action against this