Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An anti private server movement?

Quote Originally Posted by LinkTopia View Post
    They can copyclaim their work, why don't they do that?
    You realize that a DMCA IS a copyright claim?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digita...Copyright_Actv
    CHEAP STUFF IN LOPYSHOP

Insta @Lopyhupis

Visit BUYTUXEDOS

The whole private server thingy could be dramatically slowed down by making the growtopia app to not use the hosts file both on mobile and desktop and only get server data from official domain, making newer versions unable to connect to the private servers should diminuate dramatically the usage of private servers in newer players and with time should decrease the activity of private servers overall (since with time private servers will need a very old version of the app installed on the user's side to be able to provide their pseudo-service).
    GrowCord - Discord Bot
    The only growtopia discord bot that post DQs, tweets and more into your discord server.
    ==
    Discord: MrAugu#7917
    ==
    Full-stack developer.
    ==
    *Daily Quests, WOTD, Last Two Tweets, Daily News

c'mon guys... THEY ARE A BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

btw look what i just found
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 45
Size:  24.1 KB
    <html>
    <body>
    <font size=10 color=blue>
    IGN: Cwicks
    IT EXPERT~~Well, not really. But i can solve most of your technical problems
    Discord: Cwicks#1355
    My channel:

</font>
    </body>
    </html>

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MiMelody View Post
    They bought the game from RTsoft which was the one created the RTTEX extension for image format. Changing it mean more money being put in the development equivalent of creating a new game.
    Also just incase you didn't know, RTTEX is a free and open source component based C++ framework
    It's Proton SDK, not RTTEX. RTTEX is a RTPack packed texture for it. No, that has nothing to do with growtopia private server fixes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugu View Post
    The whole private server thingy could be dramatically slowed down by making the growtopia app to not use the hosts file both on mobile and desktop and only get server data from official domain, making newer versions unable to connect to the private servers should diminuate dramatically the usage of private servers in newer players and with time should decrease the activity of private servers overall (since with time private servers will need a very old version of the app installed on the user's side to be able to provide their pseudo-service).
    Hosts file is not something that GT uses, Virtual Hosts (Android) works by using a VPN and I'm pretty sure the Windows hosts file is used in the network drivers. The game will still think its accessing the real domain, when it's not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Capers View Post
    How about encrypting the files so it will be it like private servers cannot read the files since GT runs at .rttex file extension how about changing it to something unique and only ubisoft can use with a different and unique algorithm.
    RTTEX files have nothing to do with private servers, they are just texture files.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRandom View Post
    They already taken an action at some private server, one of them are open source (c++) it was DMCA'ed by Ubisoft's CEO afaik. Ubisoft are serious about this, they're a big company it shouldn't take a lot of time to completely removes gtps source codes out there

https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/...5-growtopia.md
    Looks like they forgot to remove the repo's forks. Bummer.

Looks like they forgot to remove the repo's forks. Bummer.
    Yeah for some reason, there're 100+ forks still out there. Maybe ubisoft gonna take some action?, not really sure
    DrOreo002
    Plugin & Java programmer at spigotmc.org
    Github | Spigot

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JustRandom View Post
    Yeah for some reason, there're 100+ forks still out there. Maybe ubisoft gonna take some action?, not really sure
    I guess they should lol

I’m not sure how you can enforce this besides manually joining each server and then proceeding to ban the owner. I doubt Ubisoft got time for such a project if they can even control in game situations lol
    Hey it's me

Ign:Manup

"If you're too open-minded; your brains will fall out.”
    ― Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Why do people say "no offense" right when they're about to offend you?