Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto-farm can automatically be detected now?

Exclamation Auto-farm can automatically be detected now?

My friend sent this photo to me yesterday. He got this photo from his friend who recieved this message from the system and he said he was not even using any kind of autofarming, allegedly that time when this messaged appeared. Is this possibly a public broadcast to serve as a warning or auto farm can be detected automatically and gets you banned now? I’m just a concerned player because some non-autofarmers might get banned wrongfully because of this. Thanks .

Here’s the picture:
    Name:  36B82A2C-280B-441E-AE72-0C1CD3918018.jpeg
Views: 1692
Size:  100.2 KB
    Visit my Music World, PIANOS!

In-game Name: KREGGA
    WOTD: 3
    Level: 105/125
    Musics: 180+ (Songs lost/griefed/hacked included)

Join our Facebook Group, Growtopia University - Official: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GTUO...013/?ref=share

Quote Originally Posted by Kregga View Post
    My friend sent this photo to me yesterday. He got this photo from his friend who recieved this message from the system and he said he was not even using any kind of autofarming, allegedly that time when this messaged appeared. Is this possibly a public broadcast to serve as a warning or auto farm can be detected automatically and gets you banned now? I’m just a concerned player because some non-autofarmers might get banned wrongfully because of this. Thanks .

Here’s the picture:
    My friend has got permabanned after he has got exactly same warning as your friend did, he was placing blocks in friend's world and he sunddely got the warning, screenshotted it and stopped placing block immediately, after few seconds, he has got permabanned. I do believe that the owner was using autoclicker, but my friend wasn't even admin, he was just placing blocks, there was one admin in the world whom was placing blocks also and he has not got banned, which I don't get, my friend which has got banned was not using autoclicker, he has got screenshot from the time he got the warning and you can tell that he wasn't using any kind of macro/auto (he's playing on mobile, so you would see it, trust me..)
    I don't know how to feel about that.
    Rest In Peace, Marley
    My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

When I saw the thread title, I was thinking "Oh cool, they're doing something about it." Then when I saw what you wrote, you are concerned about it? So your "friend's friend" told you that they weren't autofarming and you believe them even though you two aren't close enough to contact each other directly? I don't really understand why this is so important that it caused you to write a forum post about it in update discussions.

If this was me, I would tell your friend to tell their friend that they should contact support about the issue to clear things up, not sure if they store those warnings. Even though your friend's friend claimed that they weren't autofarming, you can probably see why the mods/system thought they were which is probably the reason of the thread; they were standing in the middle of a farm breaking laser grids that were stacked on top of them, just like how its usually done. It even took them 4+ laser grids broken and a chat log scroll for them to realize that there was a system message, maybe showing that their response time was so delayed that they couldn't see a mod walking up to them and asking if they were there. I wouldn't be too worried about it, it's just a warning so as long as your friend's friend isn't autofarming, it should not happen again.
    Udder
    Longtime Party Bunny

This is why I stopped farming
    Oof

Quote Originally Posted by CzeGamer View Post
    My friend has got permabanned after he has got exactly same warning as your friend did, he was placing blocks in friend's world and he sunddely got the warning, screenshotted it and stopped placing block immediately, after few seconds, he has got permabanned. I do believe that the owner was using autoclicker, but my friend wasn't even admin, he was just placing blocks, there was one admin in the world whom was placing blocks also and he has not got banned, which I don't get, my friend which has got banned was not using autoclicker, he has got screenshot from the time he got the warning and you can tell that he wasn't using any kind of macro/auto (he's playing on mobile, so you would see it, trust me..)
    I don't know how to feel about that.
    They should prolly do somethimg about it with consideration to those who doesn’t use any 3rd-party programs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Udder View Post
    When I saw the thread title, I was thinking "Oh cool, they're doing something about it." Then when I saw what you wrote, you are concerned about it? So your "friend's friend" told you that they weren't autofarming and you believe them even though you two aren't close enough to contact each other directly? I don't really understand why this is so important that it caused you to write a forum post about it in update discussions.

If this was me, I would tell your friend to tell their friend that they should contact support about the issue to clear things up, not sure if they store those warnings. Even though your friend's friend claimed that they weren't autofarming, you can probably see why the mods/system thought they were which is probably the reason of the thread; they were standing in the middle of a farm breaking laser grids that were stacked on top of them, just like how its usually done. It even took them 4+ laser grids broken and a chat log scroll for them to realize that there was a system message, maybe showing that their response time was so delayed that they couldn't see a mod walking up to them and asking if they were there. I wouldn't be too worried about it, it's just a warning so as long as your friend's friend isn't autofarming, it should not happen again.
    I’m concerned about the people who doesn’t autofarm. You see, my friend’s friend doesn’t have an autofarming app in his phone (as seen on the screenshot, but I cropped it personally) and won’t be able to download one as his phone is not rooted, which might be a requirement in downloading any autofarming or macro. Why is it not-so-important when a player is getting banned together with his items he worked hard for getting lost without any unjustifiable reason? Yes, it just need a little consideration for those who doesn’t use autofarm because if someone will not talk about it, the problem will deteriorate over time. I hope you get my point.

I like the fact that they are doing their job to deal with hackers and stuff. But this one may have a problem. Think about it.
    Last edited by Kregga; 06-01-2020 at 12:55 AM.

Join our Facebook Group, Growtopia University - Official: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GTUO...013/?ref=share

Protect the 3rd party app non user. Also permaban detection is trash, for now. Since you just place a few blocks or break but u know to urself that u didnt use any 3rd party app then suddenly u know u just got banned by the system
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuo
    *Hasagi*
    Quote Originally Posted by AlsoYasuo
    *Soryegadon*

Quote Originally Posted by Coldshots View Post
    This is why I stopped farming
    I might stop as well if this one continues...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMeHow View Post
    Protect the 3rd party app non user. Also permaban detection is trash, for now. Since you just place a few blocks or break but u know to urself that u didnt use any 3rd party app then suddenly u know u just got banned by the system
    It’s pretty scary, y’know.

maybe you should avoid placing block forth and back in brute (like make movement in cycle even though the block isn't destroyed yet), since bot using that movement i guess.

about your friend, try contact support. they can see his log (maybe(?)) and check whether your friend is falsely banned or not (idk 100%) but contacting support is the best choice.

also is your friend placing block in a row or just in 2-3 block? that answer maybe can help other.
    IGN : TheSamsoed (lv. 87)
    Net worth : 71dls
    Target : 1/16 TM
    4k/50k gtloomings seed
    BGL in november ‏‏‎

OK

Quote Originally Posted by TheSamsoed View Post
    maybe you should avoid placing block forth and back in brute (like make movement in cycle even though the block isn't destroyed yet), since bot using that movement i guess.
    I don’t think that the legal players must be the one who should adjust into the system. If a player is used to placing blocks back and forth, as long as he doesn’t use any third party programs, he doesn’t need to change the way he farm. The higher one should be the one who must do something...

Here’s the picture:
    No clue about this but im glad that they are finally doing something great to stop players from auto farming

I don’t think that the legal players must be the one who should adjust into the system. If a player is used to placing blocks back and forth, as long as he doesn’t use any third party programs, he doesn’t need to change the way he farm. The higher one should be the one who must do something...
    yeah you may get the disadvantage, but its life. you need adapt to be survive. in fact in RL if you act suspiciously in some place they'll come at you and ask something at you to help and check that you're no doing something dangerous/illegal or something, its the same as Growtopian system but more powerful (?) hence you need to avoid it.

i think this is good system even though lot of error for now but we need to support it and give constructive critic.

autofarmer can get lot of gems worth of DL or even more in a day by doing nothing. with autofarmer the stock of gems will increase but demand of gems will not increase since they can producing it.

i think this system is effective for now because i seen in youtube there's some youtuber that review some Growtopian Group in facebook, and other platform. They frightened and will not use bot for a while, some botter is getting banned in 20 minute after use bot and lose his 5 bot account with his magplant and rayman.
    IGN : TheSamsoed (lv. 87)
    Net worth : 71dls
    Target : 1/16 TM
    4k/50k gtloomings seed
    BGL in november ‏‏‎

OK

I think they are implementing AI learning to detect which are wrong and which are true bot movement overtime. If this was the case, contacting support team might solve the problem for those who doesn't violate the rule.