Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems with Startopia 2.0

Default Problems with Startopia 2.0

Feel like I would rather make a thread about it because they are easy fixes and for visibility.

1. The Ascended/Desended worlds are useless, just make the ships breakable for building, no loss there.

2. The random events are WAY too frequent now, it's not uncommon to have two events at once, or even another second one after fixing the first. You spend more tools on fixing those events that are just recurring, back to back than doing the actual mission.

3. The skill fails for the new sectors are WAY too high and you cannot possibly go through them without skill spice. 1 30% Skill Fail chance with HTech Mk.III and Skill Spice is absurd.

4. Drop rates are broken especially blocks.

5. What is THIS and why does it spin? Why?

6. We need to know whether the new "awesome reward" is an item or a title, if the fifth achievement is linked to it, and if its about doing 500 of an Ascended and Desended worlds. It is too insane to risk doing without prior information.
    Last edited by Nenkaai; 06-17-2020 at 12:06 AM.
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69
    Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    5. We need to know whether the new "awesome reward" is an item or a title, if the fifth achievement is linked to it, and if its about doing 500 of an Ascended and Desended worlds. It is too insane to risk doing without prior information.
    Yea, if we validate that that new sword is not obtained by mixing items nor by completing that Ascended Universe achievement, it will surely be related to that 5th achievement. Good luck tho
    I'm LBForce! Certified Woof-Woof King!
    I'm admin at NEWS.
    I own BUYUPGRADE
    (Check it, there is a guide about upgrading ances and a cheap shop for the items needed!)
    Follow me on Instagram : @lbforce_gt

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    Feel like I would rather make a thread about it because they are easy fixes and for visibility.

1. The Ascended/Desended worlds are useless, just make the ships breakable for building, no loss there.

2. The random events are WAY too frequent now, it's not uncommon to have two events at once, or even another second one after fixing the first.

3. The skill fails for the new sectors are WAY too high and you cannot possibly go through them without skill spice. 1 30% Skill Fail chance with HTech Mk.III and Skill Spice is absurd.

4. The tools in the new sectors need to drop more often and the blocks toned down. Moon Lamps/Waste Blocks for instance drop way too often.

6. We need to know whether the new "awesome reward" is an item or a title, if the fifth achievement is linked to it, and if its about doing 500 of an Ascended and Desended worlds. It is too insane to risk doing without prior information.
    How is ur name below ur growtopian? (In the picture)

░▒▓███████▓▒░
    ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
    ░▒▓███████▓▒░
    ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
    ▽⧩▼▼▼⧨▽
    Random stuff in GOLA
    ▲◭△△△◮▲
    ┅⊏⧖⊐┅

Bump, more visibility should be given to this thread, the late sectors are literally unplayable

100% agree, in the new sectors the missions are pretty much unplayable with all the special events and skill fails
    IGN: Jisam
    Discord: Jisam#9391
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4A...K6Dc_3N0hJGhYQ

Agreed and rather bland, there isn't even hills like in the new start worlds or root blasts, no purpose of having those worlds. Best to add some quest or recipes tied to them like whole new splicing trees
    2. The random events are WAY too frequent now, it's not uncommon to have two events at once, or even another second one after fixing the first. You spend more tools on fixing those events that are just recurring, back to back than doing the actual mission.
    I haven't tried the update yet but this should be turned down a bit
    I'm fine with it needing buffs to go through, gives demand for those items and makes it more worth it and makes sense, those are the last sectors in the game after all.
    4. The tools in the new sectors need to drop more often and the blocks toned down. Moon Lamps/Waste Blocks for instance drop way too often.
    Agreed, but don't make it so you can get infinite tools (Amount of tools used < tools gotten)
    It looks like the shipping crate roll drop, and idk why tf it spins, i guess its suppose to be used in a space setting but even then make it like other items where punching it = animation

This is more of an achievement issue, where you don't know what your doing for the achievement + what you get for doing it

Cursed

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    How is ur name below ur growtopian? (In the picture)
    he's at the very top of the world

When successfully landing a ship it lands on a bland planet. All there is to offer are 2 new blocks, rocks, and lava. They didn't even bother to create new rocks or lava blocks. Lack of detail as well, they could of implemented land generation like the mars blast, so that the ground level isn't flat. There are no decoration blocks either, I was expecting finding hidden loot or new blocks that spawn from the planet.

IGN: Creano
    Level: 101
    YouTube Channel: iCreatorGT
    Discord: iCreator#8781
    Veteran Player since Growtopia Beta 2013
    I SEE YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post
    I'm fine with it needing buffs to go through, gives demand for those items and makes it more worth it and makes sense, those are the last sectors in the game after all.
    You seriously need to try it out yourself, I see absolutely no reason to make it entirely frustrating to play with the best of possible gear you could possibly have whereas Surgery is more rewarding
    30% Skill Fail chance on mandatory Skill Spice on top of events consuming your tools more than ever and occuring over 5 times or even 10 in a single mission is completely unbalanced

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroboy View Post
    Agreed, but don't make it so you can get infinite tools (Amount of tools used < tools gotten).
    As long as Moon Lamps, Statues, Waste Blocks Crystallized Blocks don't drop 80% of the time

Master Sorcerer

Maybe reduce skill fails but add a possiblity for your ship upgrades to get hit by asteroids, making them break so you need to place new ones. That will add some use to excess ship upgrades while still keeping the difficulty to play up.
    LURD

Quote Originally Posted by LURD View Post
    Maybe reduce skill fails but add a possiblity for your ship upgrades to get hit by asteroids, making them break so you need to place new ones. That will add some use to excess ship upgrades while still keeping the difficulty to play up.
    that damages the outside of the ship though not the inside

+1 for skill fails in the sectors being way too high.

I have all hyper tech Mk3.
    IGN: ChiggaLam
    Level: 119 | Dragon / Wings / Bot
    Sponsored Item: SLaminator's Boomerang (Sponsored by JIRISTAR, ChiggaLam & SLaminator)