Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Startopia 2.0

Master Sorcerer

Also, the descended/ascended sector depending on whether you win or lose growlactus rewards you for failing growlactus, which is kind of contradictory when you are supposedly a "master" in startopia but you fail growlactus 500 times for the achievement. One change that I think should be implemented is to let us choose the sector after we defeat growlactus, while we will still be sent to the descended sector if we are defeated.
    ign: bllade (used to be BladeGamer)

Completely agree with the points raised in this thread.

Particularly with 3, 4 and 6. There should have been new equipment added to the new sectors to make them feasible skill-wise, even if it means 3 new types of components beyond the already existing 6 types.

500 of each ship is a big commitment, it would be nice to know what the final goal is. There's no point hiding it from us since someone will eventually get there and the 'surprise' will be ruined for everyone else, so I don't see a fuss in telling us what it is. Given that special titles stopped working at the start of this update, my guess is it's a new title, in which case we really should have better customisation ability for the different titles.
    Growtopia: Oldsock/Oldzock
    Instagram: @sockia
    Discord: Oldsock#0653

Quote Originally Posted by Nenkaai View Post
    2. The random events are WAY too frequent now, it's not uncommon to have two events at once, or even another second one after fixing the first. You spend more tools on fixing those events that are just recurring, back to back than doing the actual mission.

3. The skill fails for the new sectors are WAY too high and you cannot possibly go through them without skill spice. 1 30% Skill Fail chance with HTech Mk.III and Skill Spice is absurd.
    Totally agree with these.

Startopia was really fun previously when you could get rid of Skill Fails with upgrades and the side missions didn't come so often. You were actually able to do the missions and focus on them instead of constantly firing pirates that attack your ship now.

Few Skill Fails and side missions there and there aren't that bad, but right now Startopia is like Surgery at Skill Level below 50, with constant Skill Fails and Heart Stops.

Yes, i agree with this thread.

I am an avid startopia fan and enjoy dabbling in it myself.

Unfortunately the skill fail rates were so high that i ended up just stopping and exploring the startopia update after getting the 2 easy achievments.

I enjoyed startopia WAY more than surgery because in startopia, you know that your clicking a tool and it will work, you have confidence. In surgery sometimes its just luck, even if you know what your doing you are still prone to failure.

Unfortunately, the new startopia update reminds me of my rookie experiences in surgery; crappy RNG rates and wasting tools. That is what startopia is now, after Growlactus.
    Love the life you live and live the life you love

GrowID || Kitty

Master Sorcerer

These random events caused me to fail 6 out of 7 lactuses I did straight after the update. Feels bad man, couldn't handle them all.

Adding to all this why can't u just remove the ship or store it somewhere like the background is pratically pointless if you can't use it such a waste imo
    Not sure why I'm back but I'm back
    IGN: Deno855
    TRUE OG
    Level: 71
    Gems: 352k / 1mil
    WLS: Who even cares its the effort
    Instagram: @deno855_gt

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Lorddirt View Post
    These random events caused me to fail 6 out of 7 lactuses I did straight after the update. Feels bad man, couldn't handle them all.
    The random events are okay as you can always decide to do something against it or not, I personally find the random skillfails way more game ruining as you are totally messed up if 2 happen in a row. Maybe make the skillfails less random by only allowing 1 to happen in a row, so there is always a way out.
    LURD

Quote Originally Posted by LURD View Post
    The random events are okay as you can always decide to do something against it or not
    Not when they just keep coming back right as you even manage to get through the fail chance
    A recipe finder. A GT Wikia Admin. Playing since Feb 2013.
    Level: 125 - L Title/Dragon/DK Wings Done - Sponsored Mystical Etherboard
    IGN: TK69
    Growtopia Treehouse Discord | My Insta

i really have to agree with this. i cant imagine having to fail growlactus just to get to a sector for an achievement.

the amount of events I get in a row is stupid and even with skill spices and every hypertech mk 3, I still get multiple skill fail in a row like?? and also the yes landed ships are utterly useless, why can't we just break them

and new blocks don't show in the render
    IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Did some testing and i'm averaging 2.5 to 3 random events per mission, of which 40-50% of them happens after the *first* tool and 80% after two, and if that still doesn't happen, zero to two events at once has high chance to happen which is utterly absurd

Consider on top of that skill fails are 30% or 40% (Mk.1 or Mk.3 Hypertech WITH Skill Spice AND Exq Scanner)

Bump ....