Thread: a possible world lock to real-life currency loophole

Default a possible world lock to real-life currency loophole

What if players would pay people to watch advertisements in world locks? This would technically be selling world locks for real life money but technically not? Making other players go to a website to watch an advertisement to redeem in-game currency is not bannable right? Or is it? I didn't actually read the rules before posting this..

has me find good loophole?

░▒▓███████▓▒░
    ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
    ░▒▓███████▓▒░
    ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
    ▽⧩▼▼▼⧨▽
    Random stuff in GOLA
    ▲◭△△△◮▲
    ┅⊏⧖⊐┅

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Jedaki View Post
    What if players would pay people to watch advertisements in world locks? This would technically be selling world locks for real life money but technically not? Making other players go to a website to watch an advertisement to redeem in-game currency is not bannable right? Or is it? I didn't actually read the rules before posting this..

has me find good loophole?
    How would this actually work though? Most ad-revenue require tons of views for xx amount of money, right? I believe I've seen a moderator or such saying that merch or whatnot that's not infringing the copyright of growtopia/ubisoft's rights isn't illegal (not sure who said it).

Also I've seen instagram pages (big ones) that promote accounts and services (influencers in growtopia mainly) for diamond locks as payment. I asked a page about the payment out of curiosity and the page replied saying it's 12 DLs. Wondering if this type of scenario is legal or not?
    IGN: Juvey
    I am not Snowyfox.
    Cry about it

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Snowy View Post
    How would this actually work though? Most ad-revenue require tons of views for xx amount of money, right? I believe I've seen a moderator or such saying that merch or whatnot that's not infringing the copyright of growtopia/ubisoft's rights isn't illegal (not sure who said it).

Also I've seen instagram pages (big ones) that promote accounts and services (influencers in growtopia mainly) for diamond locks as payment. I asked a page about the payment out of curiosity and the page replied saying it's 12 DLs. Wondering if this type of scenario is legal or not?
    I'm specifically talking about world locks to real-life currency transactions as selling real-life services or stuff for world locks isn't necessarily illegal, only discouraged.

░▒▓███████▓▒░
    ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
    ░▒▓███████▓▒░
    ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
    ▽⧩▼▼▼⧨▽
    Random stuff in GOLA
    ▲◭△△△◮▲
    ┅⊏⧖⊐┅

I feel like this is the same thing as sb-ing your youtube channel in growtopia to get viewers, totally legal in my perspective. Also same as doing giveaway to get followers/subscribers which will earn you real life money in a way.