Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to control the price of magplant&rayman

Master Sorcerer

Default How to control the price of magplant&rayman

This is sort of a suggestion but also a discussion.
    Before I get started, I OWN FOUR MAGPLANTS AND I DONT CARE ABOUT RAYMAN BECAUSE I DONT FARM. But I still recognize that the crazy price point for these items is a problem. How about a way to CAP the price tag? What I mean is that the price of rayman should not go past 75 dls and the price of magplant should not go past 50 dls. How can we do this? Add magplant and rayman to Locke’s trade. This way, the price will always have a cap. Th is will stabilize the price (like neon nerve) so that it will stop rising by crazy amounts.

Edit: neon nerve is 5 dls from Locke, and for years it has been trading for 480-495. The price is stable.
    IGN: JJEW

Goals:
    Have a real goal 0/1

Nice suggestion bro

no.........
    Sup
    IGN: Rovie
    pfp by NekoWolf

honestly i think re introducing iotms via possibly locke would be a good way to prevent price manipulation... the way I suggest doing it is

firstly set a firm price for all iotms

second release old iotms on the months they were released through locke

that or release permanent solutions similar to the new magplant items for rayman etc...
    Ubisoft < UGTeam .

thanks for medal hammerjelly senpai

well... so do I... HOW DID I DO THIS?!

Releasing those magplants & raymans on Locke will just void the fact that those items are called Item of the month.
    GrowID: LancePlaysYT

- 3-time Video of The Week Winner!
    - WOTD Winner 6/9/2020
    - LEVEL: 70/125
    - Subscribers : 3.17k

Watch one of my videos!:

Lesser Knight

Quote Originally Posted by tatertots View Post
    no.........
    Quote Originally Posted by LancePlayZXD View Post
    Releasing those magplants & raymans on Locke will just void the fact that those items are called Item of the month.
    yes, this items need to stay limited

Sure it can balance 2 item price, but what about every farmable? Solution leads to another problem ;\

Or have a 75dls nerfed rayman or like a 2 hit item lmao
    but then again, introducing more of these items would further help autofarmers by giving them the items needed + screwing up the economy more,

Master Sorcerer

Problem is if you srt those prices especially rayman is going to drop to 20-25 DLs pretty quickly. Mos of its value is people buying it as an investment, if it can no longer rise people will sell
    LURD

Good suggestion.
    Though I'd add that lockes prices should be a good bit above the current market price to avoid panic.
    Rayman could be 100dl and magplant 50dl.

Lesser Wizard

why would there be a cap? u didnt even give a reasoning to your argument

Using Neon Nerves as an example of how Locke can "help stablize" the price of an item is not really suitable. In this case, take Diamond Dragon as a more appropriate example (in terms of its pricing and disregarding the effect given because Neon Nerves has multiple substitutes which gives the same effect and is far more affordable).

A Diamond Dragon can be purchased from Locke at the price of 100 Diamond Locks. A majority of the player base do not own 100 DLS so it would seem that the Diamond Dragon would be at a lower risk of being price manipulated as less players have the sufficient amount of DLS to buy/sell Diamond Dragons. However as can be seen in popular trade worlds, Diamond Dragons go for around ~40 DLS. In the event that Raymans & Magplants are added to Locke for purchase, the market price of these items will never be equal to the selling price on Locke due to the popularity of these items. As both Raymans & Magplants decrease in price, more players will gain access to these items which will lead to an increase in gem production rates. This will contradict the purpose of having Locke.
    IGN: Vrags
    Thingamabob at skill 43
    Legendary Wings on 1/9/19