Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The devs are making rich people richer and poor people poorer

Default The devs are making rich people richer and poor people poorer

The devs are making items that is almost impossible for poor people to get, for example: reanimator remote (frank leash), and then Growtokens, u need a world like seediary or wikirecipe to get it, and some people say that it is possible because u can start farming and buy wls, but it is almost impossible, the easiest and the best one to farm is sugarcane but it's nerfed, and to get blackrock wall u need a lot of wls, is there any solution?
    Hello!

Banned
    Working out my butt cheeks at the nearest McDonald's.

Ikr they just wants to be famous!!1

Former Team Member

Growtokens are earned by PLAYING the game... you literally CAN'T buy them. Seems to me that makes it more of an equalizer. All you have to have to earn them is time and willingness to work toward them.

Quote Originally Posted by GBAGamer View Post
    Ikr they just wants to be famous!!1
    True

(10chars)
    Hello!

Banned
    Working out my butt cheeks at the nearest McDonald's.

Quote Originally Posted by Solorien View Post
    Growtokens are earned by PLAYING the game... you literally CAN'T buy them. Seems to me that makes it more of an equalizer. All you have to have to earn them is time and willingness to work toward them.
    But we gots things to do like doing our homework which I'm sure 90% of people that play growtopia don't do.

But all of that goes back to getting a wl, it is hard for new people because now most players are selfish, the time I started playing growtopia was at summerfest and people were very nice that time, some guy gave my brother free crimsons, now, almost nobody does that. But Growtokens is a quite good equalizer.
    Hello!

Getting WLs and gems is most certainly not hard nowadays, if you would all get off your butts and work for it you would have it sooner than you realise.
    WARNING! Do Not Feed The Shikaru.

#EARTHANCIENTS
    Forum Fights:

Quote Originally Posted by Shikaru View Post
    Getting WLs and gems is most certainly not hard nowadays, if you would all get off your butts and work for it you would have it sooner than you realise.
    It's hard for newbies, when I started using this account (January 2014) it was so hard getting a wl.
    Hello!

Solorien is right.Thats True
    [Center]"The best revenge is massive success." - Frank Sinatra
    "A woman brought you into this world, so you have no right to disrespect one." - Tupac Shakur
    "I plan to eat with the people I starved with." - Logic
    "I'm just blessed to be eating." - Jon Bellion

Growtopia IGN: AntEater
    Growtopia Level: 47
    Quit Growtopia

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Kdabra View Post
    It's hard for newbies, when I started using this account (January 2014) it was so hard getting a wl.
    Not to brag but I started in January and I have close to 800 WL worth of items and WL. It is ridiculously easy to be rich in growtopia, time spent complaining about being poor is time you can use to go farm lava and rocks if you have 0 WL.

There could be a lot of outcomes on this project.

Scenario1: At the end, when the upper class section of people (Including the middle-class) have these stuff, don't you think most will be arrogant and shove them in newbie's faces?
    There'll be an economic feud, and we don't want that to happen.
    Lots of newbies might say "Argh, people here suck." And leave.

Scenario2: When this is still ongoing (At least for 2 weeks), people's broadcasts will eventually affect the server and crash.

Scenario3: Something bad might happen "But Little, something bad always happens.".
    Well, what if there'll be a code in the system that might cause problems?

And there's many more of that, it might branch out into different aspects we have not yet come to.
    Better safe than sorry.
    -Little
    It's that time of the year again, Indie and soul on play while the sound of rain hitting the roof. Kick back and enjoy your coffee guys!

Lesser Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSirP View Post
    There could be a lot of outcomes on this project.

Scenario1: At the end, when the upper class section of people (Including the middle-class) have these stuff, don't you think most will be arrogant and shove them in newbie's faces?
    There'll be an economic feud, and we don't want that to happen.
    Lots of newbies might say "Argh, people here suck." And leave.
    I honestly rather have them leave, I would support the newbies who go 'Those items are cool, I'm going to work hard to get them myself!'

Scenario2: When this is still ongoing (At least for 2 weeks), people's broadcasts will eventually affect the server and crash.
    The SBs are already dying down, people are fast realizing that having flash crowds don't work.

Scenario3: Something bad might happen "But Little, something bad always happens.".
    Well, what if there'll be a code in the system that might cause problems?
    I don't even.... if this were to happen I'm sure the devs will be on it at lightspeed.

And there's many more of that, it might branch out into different aspects we have not yet come to.
    Better safe than sorry.
    -Little
    And there are countless other positive scenarios that can branch out as well. I see it as a pretty decent way to encourage world builders.