Page 2 of 124 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Hmm, will think about this one, it would be nice...
    THAT WAS MY IDEA
    Since Dec. 18 2012

More Suggestions :
    Logic Bricks, kinda like mine crafts red stone.
    Buildable Vehicles?
    Option for randomly generated terrain, or flat.
    PVP Zones
    Computer support?
    Custom Paintings and blocks you can draw on, and add a function.
    Levers
    Buttons (Shiny!)
    Friend List
    Custom Clothes
    Also I suggest posting GrowTopia to Reddit or something so we get more players.

Default since this is a platformer

How about moving blocks
    Disappearing blocks
    Broken and reconstructing blocks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jelly View Post
    Also I suggest POSTING GROWTOPIA TO REDDIT or something so we get more players.
    YES. TOTALLY.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/growtopia/
    Well the person who made this seems to be a Reddit & Wiki ADMIN.
    Since Dec. 18 2012

Master Sorcerer

Candle: Rock bg + gold (or lava). Illuminates a wall.
    Light bulb: More appealing... Candle + glass.

Contempery bg: brown + wood bg. A simple mordern bg.

Coins: Gold + ?. Just a deco.

Moss: Grass + Grass. A bit more bold than grass.

Perhaps you should add some sort of logbook. Everytime you splice 2 seeds together to make a new tree it would be added into the logbook so you vs keep track of different recipes. Also some sort Pfizer storage container would brick nice so you don't always have to keep everything in your inventory. Also there should be more of a death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by mingo888 View Post
    Perhaps you should add some sort of logbook. Everytime you splice 2 seeds together to make a new tree it would be added into the logbook so you vs keep track of different recipes. Also some sort Pfizer storage container would brick nice so you don't always have to keep everything in your inventory. Also there should be more of a death penalty.
    I agree on the book idea, it would be useful.

A method of storage would be nice too. Inventory expansions are great until you've bought a few and they end up costing more than world locks x.x The more you experiment, the more you need space. If nothing else, a container that can hold just seeds would be useful.

As for a death penalty, I'm against that unless something like PVP zones are added, and the penalty only affects such areas. Having to worry about your items just because you want to complete some platforming challenge would be lame, especially without a storage system.

---

On another note, a tool/function to attempt(key word) to convert items into seeds would be useful. It doesn't have to be guaranteed, and it could require multiple, say 5+ of the item to use. This would be particularly useful for things like blueberries where you cannot break the item for a chance at a seed. Obtaining blue blocks has proven hellish x.x Every tree I've grown, which is annoying enough due to the blueberry requirement, has resulted in zero seeds and only a couple blocks, all of which have also yielded zero seeds lol. Even someone just trying to get the blocks to build with would go insane if they were only getting 2-4 blocks from every tree like I have been today.

Edit: Scratch all that about the blue. Only just discovered that using blueberries can yield seeds, haha. Never had the desire to use them until now spontaneously. I still think the idea is viable, though.
    Last edited by Seil; 01-10-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Since this is a platformer inwould suggest, moving disappearing and crumbling blocks and teleporters
    But i think this would be in 2.0

Chest=wood + small lock
    Add a small lock to a wood block tree

This is a more technical suggestion rather than content, but would it be possible to make /msg send only to a single person if it detects a full username?

For example if someone tries sending a message to a user named "Ale" it would only go to Ale if it detects that user online, rather than going to Ale, Alex, Ale214, etc.

The partial name factor is kind of a double edged sword haha.

Edit: Also could you look into making it not disconnect when pulling down the Notification Center or getting a low battery popup in iOS? If there's something too ingrained in the system to change then I get it, but it's something that has been pointed out by others in-game too.
    Last edited by Seil; 01-17-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seil View Post
    This is a more technical suggestion rather than content, but would it be possible to make /msg send only to a single person if it detects a full username?

For example if someone tries sending a message to a user named "Ale" it would only go to Ale if it detects that user online, rather than going to Ale, Alex, Ale214, etc.

The partial name factor is kind of a double edged sword haha.

Edit: Also could you look into making it not disconnect when pulling down the Notification Center or getting a low battery popup in iOS? If there's something too ingrained in the system to change then I get it, but it's something that has been pointed out by others in-game too.
    Yep, will fix all the above soon, thanks.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

My suggestion would have to be a mannequin or display stand of some sort. I have a full backpack and I want to display the sets of clothes i have collected to other players. with having to change clothes.

And I think a chest would be a good idea, to store blocks and stuff in

Quote Originally Posted by YouKrazy View Post
    My suggestion would have to be a mannequin or display stand of some sort. I have a full backpack and I want to display the sets of clothes i have collected to other players. with having to change clothes.

And I think a chest would be a good idea, to store blocks and stuff in
    Mannequins would be awesome. And to make them even cooler, give a wrench option to swap clothing with them, so you can use them as storage and for quickly swapping into other outfits too.(and of course a remove option to take the clothes back off normally)

I think those would even be fine perma-items in the shop. Not as expensive as world locks etc though. Maybe 200-500 gems each. With each one being able to hold a full set of clothing like the player character.

Default Techinical things

i know this is a bit to early to suggest this but
    Technical things

As jelly suggested of shiny buttons there should be more to it

Wire=black block+???
    Levers=wood block+stone block
    Piston??=steel+wood??

A wire act like a wire in terraria(if you ever heard of it) and minecraft, it brings a signal or power to a substance
    can be placed anywhere (even behind backgrounds) and only seen by the player who placed it (cant be seen if the block or background is destroyed but only seen by the player if he/she equips the wrench)
    When equipping the wrench the user can "punch" the wire cutting off the power to everything if it connects to anything

One of the suggestions wa to change the background
    Add a day or night cycle if it is possible to be done

There would be lights! And flashlights would work
    There would be creepy maps
    Haunted houses
    Can only see 5 blocks ahead of you (unless you have alot of players with flashlights)
    But it should be a machine or some sort to make it happen
    Darkness machine= darkness+???

Bringing back to the topic here
    Levers
    Levers can act as a two way thing
    It can power up the wire up or not
    It can power such things as lights, pistons, doors, and other doohickeys
    It can be nice to make a pin code for puzzle maps and things

Pistons
    pistons can push and retract blocks and things
    Same thing as a wire it cant be seen(but only the owner, equpping the wrench can see the piston)
    It can be used for traps and things just for fun uses too
    It can bring the block onto on top of the block(turning the first block as a bg but when the second block pushed, turns back into a collidable block)
    It can be wired or powered directly by a lever or a shiny button(jelly's idea) from a wall

im tired from typing
    May thing of other things later
    Its late like 10 pm here
    That it from me :33
    Ill think of more doohickeys later
    Bye!!

((ill be on until 2am in alabama))
    Goals

Recent drawn garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Seil View Post
    I think those would even be fine perma-items in the shop. Not as expensive as world locks etc though. Maybe 200-500 gems each. With each one being able to hold a full set of clothing like the player character.
    I agree that that would be a good idea, I would buy I few of those.

Also, are you an administrator/moderator seil?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKrazy View Post
    I agree that that would be a good idea, I would buy I few of those.

Also, are you an administrator/moderator seil?
    I'm a mod, yeah.

And another suggestion, this one's just an item idea I came up with earlier though haha: a red wind scarf a la Shinobi or something similar to complement the ninja set. Maybe with a speed mod or something? Since it would be a back slot item it would mean giving up fairy wings though x.x I would miss my double jump...

I was also genuinely surprised when Devil Horns didn't react with Rubber Duckies. Because that seemed like such an obviously awesome thing haha.

I thought maybe a Mexican outfit, with like a poncho, a sombrero and a taco or something and what do you mean didn't react to rubber duckies?
    Last edited by YouKrazy; 01-18-2013 at 12:59 PM.

I've got a bit of a meta-suggestion, that is, a suggestion about this suggestion thread: how about making it a sticky? That way everyone can always post their suggestions here instead of starting new threads (which I believe is pretty much the point of it).

Suggestion for items,: kitchen set. I make a real home in some worlds and still have my kitchen room empty. Maybe an oven that can open with ashes effect when we punch.

And a different color of furniture. Like red block+bathtub be red bedtubs. Many posibilities can come from that.

Also, animals items? I think more about farm animal like cow or horse that can make voice when get punch. Domestic animal like dog or cat will look weird if they not move. So far, i dont see moving items, but that can be great feature too.

Last, permanent gems machine items that will drop 2-3 gem a day when the owner punch it..?

Sorry if i asking too much. Im not programer but i can imagine that can be hard to make. Just suggestion.

And sorry if my english is bad. Not native. *remain me to my flag issue, will write it in another thread.*

Default trading system?

If two players want to trade items with each other but dont want ti be scammed
    One or them equips a wrench and taps on the othere trading player, open the interface and request to trade
    The other player decides to hit yes or no depending if he wants to trade

When the trading system opens they can open their backpack and select the items and the number he wants to place
    They have a small chatbar in which they can negotiate terms with each other
    Once the items are placed they can see each other items to trade
    Then they must bot hit accept in the middle or the trading interface
    Then if they finished trading(provided they have enough backpack space) the items will respectfully be placed in their backpacks and go on with the game

Gems might have the same kind too

The only problem is having multiple accounts and otheer things might happen

But on the bright side no one gets scammed, they know what item they get and drop trading isnt a problem
    Goals

Recent drawn garbage

Full disclosure, this post is a little ramble-y (and possibly a little redundant in some places).

One group of things I think the game could really benefit from would be a set of building tools. Basically, I think it would make sense to have a way in-game of speeding up building, to a certain point. I realize that there's probably good reasons for not wanting to have a world editor like I talk about below, because it would allow players to build things too quickly, allow for too much individual action (i.e., if it's a pain in the ass to build something, people are more likely to get a group together to do it rather than build it by themselves) and I know that one of the goals with this game is to encourage player/player interaction (notably through having special events be more likely to happen on more populated servers).

For instance, I want to build a castle in-game and use it as hosting for games. The thing is though, is that as of right now in-game, there's not really anything that I can use for quick-building, like a row/column building tool, or even planning things out, like a grid. By planning things out, I'm thinking of a grid which could have blocks on it greyed out which the player could then move to and fill in with whatever block they wanted, just something that would help with planning larger structures.

Some stuff I would like to have:

World editor - something that would allow you to quickly build things in game (but not destroy them) or even just plan them (I can understand if there's a philosophical reason for not including this in the game, but I think it would be really helpful, especially because it would lower the wall to being creative with building in the game). I see this as allowing someone to zoom out to an entire world, see a grid superimposed on the world, and then build, using blocks/backgrounds that they possess. I would also like to see a sort of grid system, where you could easily build rows/columns, rather than having to make some sort of scaffolding if you want to do tall vertical walls. I could also see these sort of features as requiring crafting items to do it, say if you want to have a building grid (even if not a full-world one, a larger one than the player currently has) that you have to build something like a surveying tool (maybe a steel block + cyclopean laser (though I don't think right now that combination is possible?)). I also think that enabling a world editor could possibly be made costly enough that the harm done to the communal aspect of the game could be mitigated.

Dynamite- some sort of explosive block or something, like a drilling tool that would enable faster digging than the pickaxe (maybe at the cost of not having the tiles drop anything, if I want to build a world and I want to clear out all of the dirt and rock and start over, I'd be fine with giving up drops). Something like this I think would probably need to be enabled for users who have a world block on the world, for obvious reasons.

Location notifier- something to tell me that I'm at position (20,30). This would help a lot with planning buildings, measuring out distances between points and that sort of thing. For instance, in the planning I've done so far for castle building, I had to manually figure out how many blocks could be seen with the standard view of the game by laying out blocks and then counting them, which took a fair amount of time. I've figured out that the standard view size is 15x10 and that at max, the view size is 30x20.

Also, I know someone had talked about previously about wanting some way in a course to have savepoints where if people died that they would respawn to that point instead of the standard entry door into the world. One thing I was thinking about doing with my plans for my castle course is having the structure itself not contain the course, but instead having say five rooms in the castle, with one door in each room. The door in the room would lead to another world, where that section of the course would be located, at the end of that course would be the door to the next room. So there would be in this case, one world with the five rooms in it, with the first being an entry room, and the last room having the prizes located in it. The first four rooms would each have a door going to another world, which in turn would have a door leading to the next room. So there would be four course worlds, where if the person died, they would return to the spawn point of that world, essentially making entry in to each course world a sort of savepoint. Having things set up like this would mean that I could easily reconfigure the course (ignoring the cost of having all of the locks needed to secure everything), meaning I could do different story lines and order. So say one day I have the course story be that Dracula is going through time, so the obstacle course worlds would be a world of dirt and volcanoes, a castle with death spikes and dungeon doors, to a spaceship with robots, etc. This would allow for a lot of flexibility, meaning I could use one world as a staging ground for an essentially infinite number of courses and storylines.

I hope I've been fairly clear in this post, I'm currently packing before going to the airport (which I need to be at in a few hours). Let me know what you guys think, I'd love to hear your feedback. If stuff I've said is unclear, I'll be glad to give another shot at explaining it.