Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Count View Post

Stuff here.
    I find that making rows is incredibly easy if you know where to hold your finger as you run. Columns are more difficult, jumping and placing beneath you isn't always very effective, and the other fastest way involves making a 2 wide column x.x

Some form of planning tool could be cool, but I would probably be fine with just laying down dirt foundations and replacing it with whatever I want after I get the shape right. I'm not against the idea though, I would totally use something like that if it were implemented. But I think that's more of a "If you ever have downtime where you're looking for something to do, think about this" concept than a priority.

Location: Totally a great idea for a command. This would probably be pretty easy to add to a /pos command or something.

And I'm probably the person you're thinking of when it comes to the checkpoints if referring to a forum post. And I actually thought of using multiple worlds but realized a huge problem with it. Once someone makes it to a level, they know the world name. Then anyone can find out and instantly jump to that point. Since the respawn location is also the entrance to the world, the only way to keep legit players only using it would require manually granting access to users on locks or something =/

Thanks, we are making notes and appreciating the suggestions.

Hamumu says kitchen stuff sounds good, he's going to add it.

About location notifer: I will make /status show your X/Y coordinates on the map, not great, but easy to add for now, may help with mapping out building a bit.

There is a plan to add an option to create giant jpgs of your full world later (so people can tweet/facebook them to show off etc)

Savepoints are coming soon.

World editor: Well, this one I have to think about, but there may be an inbetween we can do - for instance, a Builders Hat that lets you build up to 20 blocks away, but only if you're the owner of the world lock, or something like that.

Trading system: Yeah, like 50% of the /broadcasts are "so and so cheated me" so I'm thinking about this.

We're still in "put out the fires and get emergency fixes in like mod tools" mode but hope to get serious about more interesting additions soon.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Thanks, we are making notes and appreciating the suggestions.

Hamumu says kitchen stuff sounds good, he's going to add it.

About location notifer: I will make /status show your X/Y coordinates on the map, not great, but easy to add for now, may help with mapping out building a bit.

There is a plan to add an option to create giant jpgs of your full world later (so people can tweet/facebook them to show off etc)

Savepoints are coming soon.

World editor: Well, this one I have to think about, but there may be an inbetween we can do - for instance, a Builders Hat that lets you build up to 20 blocks away, but only if you're the owner of the world lock, or something like that.

Trading system: Yeah, like 50% of the /broadcasts are "so and so cheated me" so I'm thinking about this.

We're still in "put out the fires and get emergency fixes in like mod tools" mode but hope to get serious about more interesting additions soon.
    Woo kitchen stuff! And adding location to status sounds good. Savepoints are awesome too.

I'm starting to cave on the the idea of a trading system too since it seems like the vast majority of people want it and at this point the "con" of it is becoming really really insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Seil View Post
    And I'm probably the person you're thinking of when it comes to the checkpoints if referring to a forum post. And I actually thought of using multiple worlds but realized a huge problem with it. Once someone makes it to a level, they know the world name. Then anyone can find out and instantly jump to that point. Since the respawn location is also the entrance to the world, the only way to keep legit players only using it would require manually granting access to users on locks or something =/
    I thought about that too. Unless players started working in tandem, I don't see why someone would work their way through a course just to tell other people which world to go to next, except to grief, which would only really be a problem for the person running the game. You could also work in a verification system, with each world having a sign at the end of it with something on it, and the winner has to give the right phrase or whatever to receive their prize at the end, forcing there at least to have been someone or a group of people to have made it through each course. I also think it would probably be easy enough for the person running the game to verify that the person winning the course went through all the worlds by setting up their own private system of doors that would let them keep tabs on the progress being made.

Edit: I see that we're going to see savepoints soon, which is awesome, as is having a location command.

Oh. Right. This is something I thought of forever ago and never mentioned. Something like a "Gravity Manipulator" or something for use in world locked worlds. Allows you to make jetpacks and fairy wings ineffective, etc, to ensure fairness in challenge maps.

I say leave in punching and mud globs etc though. Some chaos is fun sometimes =p

Woo kitchen stuff! And adding location to status sounds good. Savepoints are awesome too.

I'm starting to cave on the the idea of a trading system too since it seems like the vast majority of people want it and at this point the "con" of it is becoming really really insignificant.
    Yeah, I think it makes sense for there to be a trading system. I think if there was a greater capacity in-game for some sort of user-maintained scammer list that it would be more do-able to leave out a trading system, but that as of right now like Seth noted it's creating a quite considerable chunk of the broadcast traffic.

Also, thank you guys for being so responsive to user input on various things. I haven't really seen any major issues while in-game, which is really something for all of the traffic that you've been having to deal with. I totally understand that your focus right now is on dealing with fires, and I think you're doing a good job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Count View Post
    Yeah, I think it makes sense for there to be a trading system. I think if there was a greater capacity in-game for some sort of user-maintained scammer list that it would be more do-able to leave out a trading system, but that as of right now like Seth noted it's creating a quite considerable chunk of the broadcast traffic.

Also, thank you guys for being so responsive to user input on various things. I haven't really seen any major issues while in-game, which is really something for all of the traffic that you've been having to deal with. I totally understand that your focus right now is on dealing with fires, and I think you're doing a good job of it.
    I want to slightly add a bit to my post about the trading system
    When both players trade they both go dark(not all dark) and they cant be punched any where

(this trading system is dereived by team fortress 2, a free and fun steam game at steampowered.com)

A player puts out a deal (like selling purple blocks or clothes) and it shows up on a Deals gui
    The player can then specify what item he wants and how many
    If traders check this often they can make requests to the player by hitting the request button
    If there are a sufficient amount of requests, then the player or dealer can hit accept on any of the requests
    Then the items then transfer to each others backpacks (provided they have space) then it notifies them that the trade was sucessful

If the trade wasnt sucessful (not enough required items or no space) then nothing happens and notifies them that the trade failed

There is also another chatbox so all the dealers can talk to each other

+This helps with the broadcasts and scammers

There is also an info tab to say how many times they traded
    If he/she trades alot they rank up to
    Newbie 10 trades
    Trader 30 trades
    Dealer 50 trades
    Marketer 100 trades(from here to the first are only accomplished by a single player)
    Business owner 500 trades (only groups)

People can group together and name their group/business
    And post multiple deals to players online
    The more they get sucessful deals the more known they are

+ there is business
    - have not though about anything yet
    Goals

Recent drawn garbage

The ability to be able to send more than one line of text.

Golden Hoe: Increases seed drop chance by 10-25% but also makes blocks take 50-100% longer to break.

Slabs and stairs
    So I dont have to press the jump button...
    Since Dec. 18 2012

An indestructible block (like the one under the exit door) that only the owner of the world can break. It would be a perma-item, and it would be seriously rare to get one of its seeds.

Also, I like the stair idea.

Master Sorcerer

Couldn't really be bothered reading those massive bodies of texts, those these might be suggested already;

/give: A command which will automatically give someone the item of your choice. This prevents those little scabbers!

Level of the week: The level with the most plays (or maybe even invent a voting system) will be temporarily view as the 1st level in the menu.

SPECIAL EVENT - burglar: A little flying ghost thingy-ma-jig, that, if touched will take a small amount if gems. It will then go place all the gems in one secret place on the map. JACKPOT!

Hey seth this is just a wild idea or a dumb one its me grease. Like having ur avitar dressd as a greaser cough haha like with a pompadour hair style or jeans that r cuff from yhe bottom with chuck taylor etc... u knw a greaset id have mines like that for sure but more then likely its afoolish idea of mines haha
    greaserLOK/LOKSTER

Default Fruit and Dairy

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Yeah, I agree, we need a way for players to set backgrounds. Thinking about a "Weather machine" type item.

Also, I'll add my own suggestion: Maybe have a "Is publicly editable" for locked signs, and have it sign the name of the last person to edit it. Could be useful for something...
    I agree on the book idea, it would be useful.

A method of storage would be nice too. Inventory expansions are great until you've bought a few and they end up costing more than world locks x.x The more you experiment, the more you need space. If nothing else, a container that can hold just seeds would be useful.

As for a death penalty, I'm against that unless something like PVP zones are added, and the penalty only affects such areas. Having to worry about your items just because you want to complete some platforming challenge would be lame, especially without a storage system.

---

On another note, a tool/function to attempt(key word) to convert items into seeds would be useful. It doesn't have to be guaranteed, and it could require multiple, say 5+ of the item to use. This would be particularly useful for things like blueberries where you cannot break the item for a chance at a seed. Obtaining blue blocks has proven hellish x.x Every tree I've grown, which is annoying enough due to the blueberry requirement, has resulted in zero seeds and only a couple blocks, all of which have also yielded zero seeds lol. Even someone just trying to get the blocks to build with would go insane if they were only getting 2-4 blocks from every tree like I have been today.

Edit: Scratch all that about the blue. Only just discovered that using blueberries can yield seeds, haha. Never had the desire to use them until now spontaneously. I still think the idea is viable, though.
    I don't have any particular suggestions, but I love the idea of a weather machine system. I think it would be great. I don't like the idea of Growtopia being compared to MineCraft, though lol. It's true, Every time I experiment on splicing I run out of room so quickly. Storage for seeds would be nice. I think it would be sorta difficult to think of a proper storage system though, but I'm sure someone can come up with a suggestion better than I could ever do

Hehe, my brother and I were talking about how PVP could be added to Growtopia. An option for PVP in worlds would be cool. Also, is Growtopia being updated? Will new blocks be added anytime soon? I would like it if there were more items and stuff. I'm fond of the cute little interactive items on Growtopia, lol. And and more furniture like the kitchen set that was mentioned in the thread.

~ Good morning from America! ~

Just a small one. When we press the shift button on our keyboard, make it not stay in caps. That actually annoyed me, to an extent. But it's not nessessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshiela View Post
    I don't have any particular suggestions, but I love the idea of a weather machine system. I think it would be great. I don't like the idea of Growtopia being compared to MineCraft, though lol. It's true, Every time I experiment on splicing I run out of room so quickly. Storage for seeds would be nice. I think it would be sorta difficult to think of a proper storage system though, but I'm sure someone can come up with a suggestion better than I could ever do

Hehe, my brother and I were talking about how PVP could be added to Growtopia. An option for PVP in worlds would be cool. Also, is Growtopia being updated? Will new blocks be added anytime soon? I would like it if there were more items and stuff. I'm fond of the cute little interactive items on Growtopia, lol. And and more furniture like the kitchen set that was mentioned in the thread.

~ Good morning from America! ~
    Have you encountered the deathmatch style random event yet? When it happens, everyone can kill each other through punching and when you kill someone you steal a tiny number of gems from them, like 3 or so. It can be quite fun and chaotic haha.

Random events like that are more likely to occur on highly populated worlds.

And considering we've had three patches that added blocks since official release 9 days ago, having more isn't far-fetched =p

I would like some more non-solid blocks that fit other themes - not background items, but rather foreground items that can be walked through. Right now they're mainly general furniture or greenery(grass, flowers, bushes). Some things that fit darker settings would be awesome. Torches for walls, chains/shackles for dungeons =p

Also on the changing background note - really wanting this haha. Yesterday I decided to change the core "theme" of my world from using dirt to using lava rock. Lava Rock world with a bright, clear, sunny sky is odd lmao.

Hehe, my brother and I were talking about how PVP could be added to Growtopia.
    I made the first PVP world...
    Turned out to be a bad idea... it got griefed
    Since Dec. 18 2012

General Question:
    Does the sword have special abilities? Or is it just for style? I tried attacking my brother with it when I first got it, hehe.

Have you encountered the deathmatch style random event yet? When it happens, everyone can kill each other through punching and when you kill someone you steal a tiny number of gems from them, like 3 or so. It can be quite fun and chaotic haha.

Random events like that are more likely to occur on highly populated worlds.

And considering we've had three patches that added blocks since official release 9 days ago, having more isn't far-fetched =p

I would like some more non-solid blocks that fit other themes - not background items, but rather foreground items that can be walked through. Right now they're mainly general furniture or greenery(grass, flowers, bushes). Some things that fit darker settings would be awesome. Torches for walls, chains/shackles for dungeons =p

Also on the changing background note - really wanting this haha. Yesterday I decided to change the core "theme" of my world from using dirt to using lava rock. Lava Rock world with a bright, clear, sunny sky is odd lmao.
    My brother told me that he thought punching people to get gems was part of the game, but when I tried it it didn't work. Is it just a random event? How do you know if the event is happening? An event like that does sound fun though, hehe. I think I would lose too many gems though, lol. Yes, there are several blocks that don't match the scenery, but are still nice to have. It would be a great idea to have items that could go with the blocks. Lol, lava rock world sounds cool, despite the mismatching background.

Quote Originally Posted by lilray007 View Post
    I made the first PVP world...
    Turned out to be a bad idea... it got griefed
    That's cool. Sorry to hear about your PVP world. I wish I was there to experience it before it was griefed. Heheh, I'm such a "newbie", I just learned what griefing is yesterday.
    Punch. Build. Grow.
    Growtopia Username: Roshiela

General Question:
    Does the sword have special abilities? Or is it just for style? I tried attacking my brother with it when I first got it, hehe.

My brother told me that he thought punching people to get gems was part of the game, but when I tried it it didn't work. Is it just a random event? How do you know if the event is happening? An event like that does sound fun though, hehe. I think I would lose too many gems though, lol. Yes, there are several blocks that don't match the scenery, but are still nice to have. It would be a great idea to have items that could go with the blocks. Lol, lava rock world sounds cool, despite the mismatching background.
    Sword doesn't, or didn't. Cyclopean Visor got a new mod so maybe sword will at some point? Just One Boxing Glove increases punch power though.

And when events begin, an effect appears on the screen. There are a number of them, one spawns gems all over the world, another spawns some mystery block seeds, etc.
    Last edited by Seil; 01-21-2013 at 12:02 AM.

Id like to see an elevator, some way to customize colors of objects-like splice a table with a yellow block and then you get a yellow table. I'd like curtains, chandeliers (rumor has it this exists, but im not sure )
    A tv, or a big theater type screen. Some statues and some more rare wall papers. Maybe a diamond wallpaper.

Id like to keep
    the mobs out of this..this game isnt minecraft. It's growtopia.