Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sponsoring has returned!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu View Post
    Click here for the nitty gritty details

Now that you've clicked there, I'm going to repeat what it says there right here:

To sponsor an item:

- You get to suggest an item and be its sponsor. (Could be clothes or an object like a chair or a brick).
    - If the name is deemed inappropriate or conflicts with something we already have planned we'll let you know. We have complete veto power over anything you suggest.
    - It won't have special powers (invisibility) or new functionality that doesn't exist in other items, we get to decide that part.
    - It costs 5,000 World Locks (yes, really!) which you must have all set aside in a single world that you have world locked.
    - It may take up to 6 weeks for the item to be available in the game, once we agree to create it.
    - It will probably have a recipe, and it will be available to all players in some way (though we decide how they get it!), but we will deliver one to your backpack when it's made so you'll get the first one.
    - This is for one item, so something like "Doctor outfit and tools" wouldn't work as it would be like 6 items.
    - It will be announced in the in-game news "New item: El Poncho (Sponsored by <Your User Name>)" and we'll make sure it stays up there for at least a few days. (We can thank up to three names, but the deal is done with only one person).
    - If an idea is too hard or conflicts with something else we have planned, or for any other reason, we reserve the right to cancel and refund the World Locks.
    - This offer is a temporary experiment and we might stop doing it, or change it at anytime. Of course we'd send back any World Locks if we can't make your item.

Does that sound interesting to you? If so, click on the link I put above, where you'll find a second link to click on once you read through all that stuff again (I'm not making it too easy because I don't want to be flooded with requests from people who aren't prepared with the crazy number of world locks).

If you're wondering why so incredibly expensive, the plan here is to take some of the massive over-inflation of World Locks in Growtopia and remove them. We don't expect you to buy World Locks with money for this purpose! That would be insane. Please, please, please don't spend money on this. But if you've been trading for the past year like crazy, and have a ton of locks, here's your chance to turn them into something special!
    So basically all the scammers get to sponsor everything? I think you should lower the price by half, very few players actually have 5000 wl, and like I said, most are scammers.

And is there a way to where if you put in extra wls, like a thousand more, you could get your OWN version of the item as well, but in a different color?
    send memes to relieve my pain

>: p

Quote Originally Posted by Avenie View Post
    Hmm, okay guys give me suggestions for new items :]
    You have 5000 wls? O:

No credit card and I didn't (Filipino forumers, ano ang tagalog ng naabutan?) the first sponsoring.

Don't have 5k WLs either and I got no time to get WLs.

It seems that I can't add Steel Wings into the game... (trololol Rubie may sponsor Ruby Wings 'cos she has lots of WLs )

Too lazy to type so...

Lesser Wizard

Rubie wins.
    D:
    Rubie can have Ruby Wings.
    See ya.
    ~ RoshblueX

Yo 'Topians!
    Rosh here!

I BRING YOU A SURPLUS OF PUNS!
    PUNLAND. WE "GOTH" IT "HALL" "FOUR" YOU!
    Okay that was a "tearable" pun.
    Seriously. Stop.

Things to remember:

Ok...i am totally confused right now
    IGN:earth eagle
    WORLD:LEVIARENA3425

I am level 16!

Eh, exactly how many players have 5,000 WLs???????

That's right, ALMOST NO ONE. So, that basically renders "Sponsoring V.2" useless because only about 3 people have 5000 WLs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Equine View Post
    So basically all the scammers get to sponsor everything? I think you should lower the price by half, very few players actually have 5000 wl, and like I said, most are scammers.

And is there a way to where if you put in extra wls, like a thousand more, you could get your OWN version of the item as well, but in a different color?

Also, trying to reduce the inflation of WLs? Its just gonna get worse, FYI, because everyone is trying to get 5k...

5,000 World locks?
    By "It's rainin' gems" packs forever until to get 5,000 world locks will cost you
    an extreme amount of 3825€ or you just farm for 10 MILLION GEMS. Or you some magic how trade your way up there. What a big amount comparing to the previous 50$. Also your item can turn out as dissapointing as like.. *cough*stinky bucket.
    IGN: Angro

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Angrox View Post
    5,000 World locks?
    By "It's rainin' gems" packs forever until to get 5,000 world locks will cost you
    an extreme amount of 3825€ or you just farm for 10 MILLION GEMS. Or you some magic how trade your way up there. What a big amount comparing to the previous 50$. Also your item can turn out as dissapointing as like.. *cough*stinky bucket.
    I don't think Stinky bucket are sponsored by someone else.
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Its Daniel View Post
    I don't think Stinky bucket are sponsored by someone else.
    Sponsored by stinkbucket. Its on the Wiki.

Banned

*Sigh* had so many good ideas, then saw the fee.

Had ideas like
    1. Throwable Hatcher/axes
    2. Shadows. Like a "vehicle" type item. You ride the Shadows
    3. Wizard Hand, a store bought item, fire meteors on blocks

Location means to me: Wanna have a doughnut? So yes. I do location!

AWESOME! but 5000 world locks :,( WAAAAY more than £50!!

Quote Originally Posted by Megazork View Post
    *Sigh* had so many good ideas, then saw the fee.

Had ideas like
    1. Throwable Hatcher/axes
    2. Shadows. Like a "vehicle" type item. You ride the Shadows
    3. Wizard Hand, a store bought item, fire meteors on blocks

Nu uh uhhhh, no special effects.
    IGN: Angro

Lesser Wizard

Click here for the nitty gritty details

Now that you've clicked there, I'm going to repeat what it says there right here:

To sponsor an item:

- You get to suggest an item and be its sponsor. (Could be clothes or an object like a chair or a brick).
    - If the name is deemed inappropriate or conflicts with something we already have planned we'll let you know. We have complete veto power over anything you suggest.
    - It won't have special powers (invisibility) or new functionality that doesn't exist in other items, we get to decide that part.
    - It costs 5,000 World Locks (yes, really!) which you must have all set aside in a single world that you have world locked.
    - It may take up to 6 weeks for the item to be available in the game, once we agree to create it.
    - It will probably have a recipe, and it will be available to all players in some way (though we decide how they get it!), but we will deliver one to your backpack when it's made so you'll get the first one.
    - This is for one item, so something like "Doctor outfit and tools" wouldn't work as it would be like 6 items.
    - It will be announced in the in-game news "New item: El Poncho (Sponsored by <Your User Name>)" and we'll make sure it stays up there for at least a few days. (We can thank up to three names, but the deal is done with only one person).
    - If an idea is too hard or conflicts with something else we have planned, or for any other reason, we reserve the right to cancel and refund the World Locks.
    - This offer is a temporary experiment and we might stop doing it, or change it at anytime. Of course we'd send back any World Locks if we can't make your item.

Does that sound interesting to you? If so, click on the link I put above, where you'll find a second link to click on once you read through all that stuff again (I'm not making it too easy because I don't want to be flooded with requests from people who aren't prepared with the crazy number of world locks).

If you're wondering why so incredibly expensive, the plan here is to take some of the massive over-inflation of World Locks in Growtopia and remove them. We don't expect you to buy World Locks with money for this purpose! That would be insane. Please, please, please don't spend money on this. But if you've been trading for the past year like crazy, and have a ton of locks, here's your chance to turn them into something special!
    Hmm, this seems awesome! If possible, I'm going to do my best to save worldlocks to sponsor an item.
    All of you guys, make me sick.

i'm near lakes, ponds, and streams. because i'm a frog

5000 world locks are too much for some players as equine said most of people are scammers..
    i prefer 50$ it was cheaper and better and so many people would agree

5000 world locks??!?!?!?!?!??

That's insane! But I guess the opportunity to get your own item in the game is worth it.

But what if insanely rich scammers get to sponsor their own item, by scamming?
    -Thadirth

he said the item will be available to everyone...

Location means to me: Wanna have a doughnut? So yes. I do location!

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmoud View Post
    he said the item will be available to everyone...
    Yeah, barks mask and the fedora were all sponsored as well as growsabers...

Banned

If a scammer sponsors an item, then guess what? The scammer loses 5,000 world locks, and everybody in the entire game gains a cool new item. Not bad, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Angrox View Post
    5,000 World locks?
    Omg wow.. The way you put it, you make this idea seem so badd.
    Now my hopes are gone, wanting to use 5k wls to make the stinky bucket mask #2...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We're only responsible for what we say, not for what others take into their minds from it.
    If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me and we'll make fun of them together.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Elusive-

If a scammer sponsors an item, then guess what? The scammer loses 5,000 world locks, and everybody in the entire game gains a cool new item. Not bad, eh?
    well i think it's not bad then not bad at all