Thread: Sponsoring has returned!

I Wanna SPonsor But WHAT THE **** (Sorry) Make It 1 K Wls Not 5 K
    IGN : StarSurge
    If you need help in game don't be shy to contact me

My Goals :

My list of Dragons so far :

Quote Originally Posted by Angrox View Post
    5,000 World locks?
    By "It's rainin' gems" packs forever until to get 5,000 world locks will cost you
    an extreme amount of 3825€ or you just farm for 10 MILLION GEMS. Or you some magic how trade your way up there. What a big amount comparing to the previous 50$. Also your item can turn out as dissapointing as like.. *cough*stinky bucket.
    Ok guys, just converted 3825 Euros (that's Euros there, correct?) to US Dollars. It equal only $5,216.96! ONLY! OMG SUCH GUD DEAL!

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/50539598.jpg

Although we shouldnt convert it to money. But feeling like trading your way into it doesn't feel right because of scams and tricks traders pull on you or even making bad trades. This could take years. I think we're gonna see as many sponsored items in a year as we saw when sponsoring was cancelled.
    IGN: Angro

Although we shouldnt convert it to money. But feeling like trading your way into it doesn't feel right because of scams and tricks traders pull on you or even making bad trades. This could take years. I think we're gonna see as many sponsored items in a year as we saw when sponsoring was cancelled.
    Not even close to as many as there were with the $50 one.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMTAM View Post
    Awwww, I was waiting for sponsoring with money and got really excited when I saw "Sponsoring has returned!" Then I was it costed 5000 wls...
    That means for everyone wanting to pay money now, it's 5,000$! xD

Edit: and that's only if you buy 20,000 gem packs until you have 10,000,000 Gems

Master Sorcerer Boppi Von Finkledorf's Avatar

The price should absolutely not be lowered.

This is not something that the top few hundred or so players should all be able to afford (especially if they pooled together), that would be way too many new items.
    It's got to be something that almost no one can afford. Then, only the people who think they have good ideas that they're determined to see put in the game will get there. Even if it takes them months of scrounging world locks, if they want it bad enough they can make it happen.

It's not necessarily just one person that needs to gather 5k either. If 3 like-minded players who were willing to gather ~1700WLs came together, then they could sponsor a new item between the three of them.

So I think it's a good system. We'll have to wait a few weeks to see if any ideas actually get submitted. I imagine there will be a few, but one can never be too sure.

Of more important note:
    In the interest of people not getting mega-scammed I would have to point out that perhaps in case of multiple people pooling together, they be allowed to use Non-WorldLocks to safeguard their WL's against the treachery of those they are trying to work with to sponsor an item. That way each contributor would have their own locked safezone, as opposed to having them all pool together under one player's world lock (which to me just sounds like a recipe for disaster).

I'd have to agree that (1,000WLs) is a decent price rather than (5,000WLs). Due to the fact that it might take up to '6 weeks' to be available in-game and having tons of requirements, such as deciding, planning, conflicts, appropriate or not, etc.

And also, it's not like there will be (20) sponsors to be done in a single go, I'm sure there's a 'First-come, First-serve' basis, on which can take turns/queue on their suggestion and on their names posted on news as the sponsor of the item (every week or two).

Lastly, since refund/rejection/(possible delay) applies, I don't see any problem on why put so much stress on the price, specially on a "single item".

Banned

Steampunk goggles to wear on your face & steampunk hair with goggles

Banned

You need to create more clothes & items that are obtainable by the poor as well. This game is lacking in individuality. Everyone pretty much wears the same clothes. Why not take strengths from other 2-D side scrolling games and add them into this one? Like maplestory for example. RTSOFT PLSS.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenLord View Post
    Wow! This sounds awesome! I would like Frozen Wings but the problem is the I only have 200 wls xD eheh
    u act like thats a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    There's a crystal clock? Oops, ok, will fix in an upcoming patch. Hey, there are a lot of items to keep track of in this game, easy to forget...
    @TheDisco

Default Cool

The only problem with this is the world locks but sponsoring sounds fun!
    I am Certain, about being Certain, but am I Certain?
    If ya see me give me a /love and admire my colors Come visit Certain!!!(Working Progress)
    [GOALS]
    Get Wotd
    Get Focused Eyes (38%)
    Become admin in a moderators world
    Get 200 Wls (0/200)

Nope I'm still confused
    IGN:earth eagle
    WORLD:LEVIARENA3425

I am level 16!

Whoahahoahoaoha wait.

If someone who had that kind of money to be able to afford it, and it turns out to be a bad idea, 5000 WLs gone to... Well, not really a waste, but it's just absurd. The person who sponsored it might think it's a great idea, to the others it's not. So, possible outcomes are that he/she might complain about how people are not getting his/her sponsored item, OR the sponsor would regret the decision of having to sponsor it.
    What ever happened to 50 bucks? Hell, 50 bucks is expensive as it already is... Think about the children. So seriously, think about US. Many people will be able to afford that, sure. But the kids who actually have a deserving idea that the whole GT community would like, for 5000 locks.
    Majority of the players of GT are 9-13 year-olds. Where will they get the money for those WLs? Parents? No... No one in their right mind would spend 5000 dollars on a sponsorship for their child... Even if you DO have a job. Bring it back to the regular ol' $50.
    It's that time of the year again, Indie and soul on play while the sound of rain hitting the roof. Kick back and enjoy your coffee guys!

I wouldn't sponsor even if I had the 5,000wls. :O
    I think it's still better to be uber rich than sponsoring in a game that will have no special effects.
    IGN: Angro

Banned

How about just have two ways to sponsor?

$50 for sponsoring is okay..

5,000 World Locks is so-so-okay.. (Those who don't bother to spend a single dollar).

I wouldn't sponsor even if I had the 5,000wls. :O
    I think it's still better to be uber rich than sponsoring in a game that will have no special effects.
    The reason one would sponsor an item is to get their idea into the game, nothing else. That should be satisfying enough.

Yet 5k wls, i don't see the Sponsoring in this though, we aren't contributing toward the game in any way, i'd say it's more like Promoting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We're only responsible for what we say, not for what others take into their minds from it.
    If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me and we'll make fun of them together.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Elusive-

Either Hamumu is trolling us, or the Developers are trying to get money. 5,000 World Locks????? It's imposssible to get that high! I really think this is a troll.

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!

So you need 5k wls to sponsor?

Name:  index.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  7.1 KB
    Whoa! I'm back, physically but not in spirit.
    IGN: Areodax - Discord: Areodax#4384
    Main World: THEMOONCAKEFARMS

My Stand can store heat in a single point.

I'd make a poll, asking if the price is good or too high, but I think we already have a good idea which way the poll will go.

Default How odd.

It's funny cause I got GT before last Easter and its crazy to see how this game has changed so much. Ironically enough, almost nothing good has come from GT's audience growing. I wish it was back to the good old days when sb's were 200 gems flat rate and there was only like 4-5K people (rough estimate) on at max. *sigh*

Those days were good.
    I'm not really complaining, just wishing.