Thread: get free gems fail

Default get free gems fail

So I bought a few gems from the store, but since im not an endless source of money i decided to do a few 'get free gem' offers. At first it worked fine, but the last 7 or 8 times ive tried to get gems through offers, I keep getting a red lettered warning sign telling me "invalid tapjoy response...blah blah." Why is this happening? Ive given my email address out to a lot of unsavory sites and downloaded a lot of garbage aps through this to get gems
    ..can I please have them?

Master Sorcerer

I never had that problem then again I don't give out my email address.
    I recommend only use those offers on apps installments. Other very high offer might or might not yield best result and can take up to days before you can get the gems promised.
    My Worlds:
    Click to thread: Museum Saria Mother's Day
    Non-clickable: MeowGarden CN ROLLBACKPLAQUE.

Unofficial #Growtopia irc.esper.net! KiwiIRC link.

Tapjoy can get confused/screwed up if you use multiple devices. Did you use more than one device when doing the offers? I'd advise not using Tapjoy or trying switching back to the original device. If you uninstalled/re-installed Growtopia this can also cause problems.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

Lesser Wizard

same thing happened to me, and i was doing both of seth's example XD

A fair while ago, I was very angry at tapjoy, long story short, I completed an offer that cost like $10 because it offered a huge in game currency award of more than double the value.

I competed the offer and never got my gems, after emailing tapjoy support back and forth, they continued to tell me their records have shown I was awarded the gems when I hadn't been. I asked them to email the game provider and check my records because I hadn't received them, and I used my credit card on a dodgey site, for a service I didn't even want, for this stupid offer, and didn't even get the reward anyway.

Anyway, after a few days they had said there was nothing that they could do, so I told them they could lick a certain body part of mine, in a really vulgar manner. It's not something I'd generally say, but I was furious at that stage, as I had been billed for more items on my credit card from this dodgey company.
    Sure enough a few days later,I logged onto my game and the gems had been awarded, then I went and checked my email and noticed I was issued an apology.

It's probably one of the best cases of customer service wins ever in the history of the universe.

I...
    wow..
    Goals

Recent drawn garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Marosa Minnie View Post
    A fair while ago, I was very angry at tapjoy, long story short, I completed an offer that cost like $10 because it offered a huge in game currency award of more than double the value.

I competed the offer and never got my gems, after emailing tapjoy support back and forth, they continued to tell me their records have shown I was awarded the gems when I hadn't been. I asked them to email the game provider and check my records because I hadn't received them, and I used my credit card on a dodgey site, for a service I didn't even want, for this stupid offer, and didn't even get the reward anyway.

Anyway, after a few days they had said there was nothing that they could do, so I told them they could lick a certain body part of mine, in a really vulgar manner. It's not something I'd generally say, but I was furious at that stage, as I had been billed for more items on my credit card from this dodgey company.
    Sure enough a few days later,I logged onto my game and the gems had been awarded, then I went and checked my email and noticed I was issued an apology.

It's probably one of the best cases of customer service wins ever in the history of the universe.
    That was deep.....

indeed this thread turned a hard curve
    Pixelartist and old skool growtopian
    if you want some art or help with anything on the technical side feel free to ask!

Lesser Wizard

I want to buy gems but I'm a 15 year old boy with no job and no credit card...
    I'm not going to buy a 15 buck iTunes card maybe I should Brb

Lol isuki sorry to here your probs

Quote Originally Posted by Isuki View Post
    I want to buy gems but I'm a 15 year old boy with no job and no credit card...
    I'm not going to buy a 15 buck iTunes card maybe I should Brb
    Yeah iTunes card is a good idea for a youngin. That's what I used to do wham I was like 16/17 downloading iOS games, back in those days there was no such thing as freemium.
    Kids these days are lucky.. You get a huge variety if free games with optionable purchases.
    Even if you can't get a iTunes card for some reason, atleast you can still save up gems and purchase whatever you want.
    The most expensive item is 2000 gems, I'm not counting the clothes packs because they are all craft able items. You can easily save up 2000 gems.. We are quite spoilt really.