Thread: How to deal with Griefed Worlds, People that have Scammed You & Trusting People.

Default How to deal with Griefed Worlds, People that have Scammed You & Trusting People.

Well I have seen plenty of posts about people saying "He scammed me" or "She scammed me" or "[Insert Scammer's Name Here] has griefed my worlds and has taken all my wls!" So I am creating this post to help people deal with these problems.

How to deal with Griefed Worlds

Griefers love to grief, as the name tells. I know how to deal with Griefed worlds because someone has griefed one of mine.

1st Thing to NOT do: Quit. Why should you quit? If you've made the world, you can make it again! Look at your friends, what about them? Have you asked them about you quitting? Surely 100% of your friends don't want you to quit. Before you quit, think about all your good times with your friends. When my old friend griefed my world, I quitted, but 1 day later all my friends asked me to come back & I was truly worried about my other friend quitting.

1st Thing to do: Tell your friends & people who are the griefer's friends. You probably wont know most of the griefer's friends but you might know some of them, message (/msg) them about him griefer you world and warn your friends. You don't want others trusting the griefer then him/her grief that person's world. If you want to post about it, I'd advise you to post it in the drama section.

2nd Thing to do: Rebuild your world! I would rebuild your world, You don't want your ideas wasted on that world and you should start again, be dedicated to your work and work on. You can also improve your work in this process by adding things you forgot to do or even make the story (if it's an adventure world with a story) a bit more dramatic and suspense-like. And maybe ask some of your friends for some materials to help you rebuild your world - But don't abuse this power to ask your friends for lots & lots of materials.

People that have Scammed you.

Scammers are greedy people who take your items and become rich like that.

1st Thing NOT to do: Quit. Just like before, your friends need you.

2nd Thing NOT to do: Start scamming. You might see this as a chance to get rich but you are taking others items and you can get seriously punished for scamming. Imagine how you felt when you were first scammed, then why should you do it to others? What have they done to you? Think.

3rd Thing NOT to do: DON'T STAY AT DROP GAME WORLDS! You can get punished for this as well, you are increasing the world's rankings so more people come to the drop game and get scammed. And your friends might come to your location and might get scammed at the drop game world.
    Just follow these simple steps after entering a drop game world:

1. Do /mods and see if any mods are online, if some are online, msg them and leave the world A.S.A.P (As soon as possible).

2. If no mods are online, leave the world anyway, what I do is remember the drop game world's world name & write it on a piece of paper. Then when a mod comes online I would go back to the drop game world and msg the mod IF the world owner is still hosting the drop game.

1st Thing to do: Leave after getting pulled! You will get scammed! The owner of the drop game will ask you to drop any items, don't bother trying to get banned from the world, just leave straight away after he has pulled you.

Trusting People

Trusting people can be very dangerous, but some seem OK to trust. But some will betray you and scam you.
    Trust can have a negative & a positive outcome.

Positive: You can have someone by your side to help you on your worlds.

Negative: They can scam you very badly, especially if you trust them with your wls.

1st Thing NOT to do: Trust them with your wls. They might seem very trust-worthy, even I don't trust my greatest friends with my wls. I used to but I changed my mind. If people ask you to have access with your world locks and you trust them a lot, DON'T FALL FOR THIS! THEY ARE DRAGGING YOU INTO A TRAP.

2nd Thing NOT to do: New people that you've just met that seem trust-worthy. NEVER trust anyone when you've just made friends with them. I only start to trust my friends if they've never done anything bad like scamming & griefing for about 2+ Months, yes, I Only trust them after 2+ months if they still seem trust-worthy.

Well, sadly that's it. I hope this helped and I might be adding more Things not to do & Things to do.

~ Techy
    Last edited by Techy; 07-08-2014 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Accidently posted before it was finished.
    33 World of the Days won.
    3 World Building Competitions placed in.

Discord Tag: Hrvy#7777

This is great! It can help my little sister alot. She been scammed from friends betrayer her and greif. I hope this can recover her .
    Check out my youtube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/PannyFlans

Check out my animated story time video;;

Banned

Awesome thread buddy ;p
    I'm sure it can show people how to recover. Once you get scammed and recover, you're stronger and more resistant to scams.. unless you didn't learn your first time /:

Yay, people are learning from their mistakes!

This should help a lot of growtopians who now can recover!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    4th Thing [B]NOT to do: [B]Leave after getting pulled
    So I should not leave after getting pulled to a dropgame? KK
    :] Hope ya' saw that little mistake there!

Quote Originally Posted by 26FtW26 View Post
    So I should not leave after getting pulled to a dropgame? KK
    :] Hope ya' saw that little mistake there!
    Saw that! Thanks!

Nice job man
    No, i don't play the game anymore. My account got compromised. I'm just here to lurk through the forums

Not to quit? what if my exam come? like:

Today got scammed 133 wls.

Tomorrow noticed that exam is coming.

Still playing growtopia because of this guide instead of preparing for exam. (Do not take example so seriously.)

To those who didn't know my IGN: Secret :3 only if you got permission from me :3

Forgot to give credit sorry about that I forgot his name xd

When scammers got caught.

I still remember the day when I joined forum for first time.

http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...ght=nice+forum