Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Does Growtopia Care About The PLayers? Or The Money They Receive From The Players?

  1. #1
    Knight Mark Soriano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United States, GA
    Posts
    76

    Angry Does Growtopia Care About The PLayers? Or The Money They Receive From The Players?

    This game just did a rollback, meaning they have to reload the last saved game in growtopia. I dropped a Nyan Cat Hat before this rollback happened. As soon as i logged on I never saw the hat there. Keep in mind this hat cost 25k Gems = about 14-15 dollars. They haven't enhanced their process of doing one rollback. A lot of people have been playing this game everyday. They all want to play this game for fun not play this game for fun and lose all your hard work. Last rollback cost me to re-do all my work I did and basically lost some stuff. What did they do to re-pay us back? Nothing but a Rollback Plaque , just a sad face block. (-_-) So basically (Hard Work = Sad Block)? Now everyone who lost their stuff will not get their stuff back because they didn't make a note of the stuff lost from the players. Last rollback made a lot of people angry. A lot of people cussed at the mods because of this rollback and some just quit. What do they do to those people who got mad broadcasting their anger to the mods? The mods ban them. Such cruelty. Im not sure if they care about the players or just care about the money they get.
    Hi My Name Is : Prohidden
    [I'm Always Online But May Sometimes Be Busy Due To Farming, Building, AFK, or Socializing]


    I Encourage You To Come By My World : "THECITY" - Where Creativity Blossoms! (You Won't Regret It!)

  2. #2
    Master Sorcerer
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    sooo you dropped a nyan hat and now you want it back? or do you mean you placed it in storage?

  3. #3
    Master Sorcerer ADMex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,526

    Default

    Let me correct some of your minor misunderstandings: After the last MAJOR roll-back, they gave us lucky weekend, in which you had a possible chance to receive gems, the seed, and the item itself after breaking a block. Now sure, this may have mad several players mad, but,that bonus sorta made players slightly happier. Second, this "roll-back" may have just been a server crash, not the fault of the devs. And also, the only thing the devs have done to pull in some more money is to add the Nyan Hat, in which people can either work for it, or buy the gems, giving the devs money needed to continue the game... Now, many other freemium games have IAP Ranging in the hundres for stupid items, whilst in this game, everything can be legitimately obtained. It think this game has very excellent service, and v=by far more caring devs than do a lot of games.. So i doubt all they care about is the item. They have great service and such. But you can have your own opinion if you would like. Personally, i enjoy this game, and think the devs are awesome. If anything, they need more IAP's (In app purchases) to pull in more money..

  4. #4
    Administrator Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    3,166

    Default

    Yep, this was a server crash, so people who were currently playing could lose up to an hour of gameplay - and people who were not on at the time are not affected at all, so it's very different from a roll back where we revert to a backup, which affects everybody.

    This happened because our SQL database server died and something went wrong with the game server emergency code that is supposed to handle this, I'm going to try to fix it - we take this VERY seriously and you can bet I'll work on this before I add any more new items or features!

    However, if anyone wants a guarantee that server problems will never happen, or that they won't get banned for adult language in broadcasts, they should be playing a different game because neither of those are going to happen.
    Seth A. Robinson
    Robinson Technologies

  5. #5
    Master Sorcerer Marosa Minnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Items (on growtopia)
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Soriano View Post
    This game just did a rollback, meaning they have to reload the last saved game in growtopia. I dropped a Nyan Cat Hat before this rollback happened. As soon as i logged on I never saw the hat there. Keep in mind this hat cost 25k Gems = about 14-15 dollars. They haven't enhanced their process of doing one rollback. A lot of people have been playing this game everyday. They all want to play this game for fun not play this game for fun and lose all your hard work. Last rollback cost me to re-do all my work I did and basically lost some stuff. What did they do to re-pay us back? Nothing but a Rollback Plaque , just a sad face block. (-_-) So basically (Hard Work = Sad Block)? Now everyone who lost their stuff will not get their stuff back because they didn't make a note of the stuff lost from the players. Last rollback made a lot of people angry. A lot of people cussed at the mods because of this rollback and some just quit. What do they do to those people who got mad broadcasting their anger to the mods? The mods ban them. Such cruelty. Im not sure if they care about the players or just care about the money they get.
    Did you know the highest IAP allowed in iOS games is $999?
    Alot of freemium games, targeted at children, such as FarmVille have in app purchases that go into the hundreds. The highest IAP of growtopia is $10. The devs could have very easily made a $100 IAP, and I'm sure people would buy it.

    Secondly, they only have one type of game currency, gems, which can be easily earnt without spending a cent. Cnoone posted in another thread that he has bought 2 nyan cat hats since they've been released without spending money.
    I seriously couldn't name another game on the planet that allows players to save up currency so fast.
    If this was any other company. They'd make you pay $20 for the hat through direct IAP, not free in game currency.
    Most games have two types of currency, coins, which can be collected in he game, then another currency like rubies, which can only be bought with real money. To which they use to their advantage, making anything decent be bought with rubies.

    The developers could SO EASILY make everything in the store cost a direct IAP, rubies, or higher amount of coins.
    $2 for a world lock? You seriously think the developers care about money?
    Another MMO creative game on ios called Deepworld. Which is terrible in comparison to GT, charges $10 to lock a world. They were released a few months ago and they only ever have about 30 people online at a time, while growtopia has had 3k players on at once, and they've had almost no advertising, clearly those players are attracted to something? They wouldn't be playing if this game was so IAP required.

    I am actually quite insulted myself that you'd even make this thread because you know for a fact this game isn't money orientated. Have you even played another freemium in comparison? Or are you just spewing hatred because you are butthurt you got rolled back an hour?
    I think it's quite clearly the latter. You have to remember, you never lose items, only time. You lost an hour. How did you get that hat? With gems? Then buy it again with gems. Or provide a receipt if your gems got rolled back and get the gems back.
    If it wasnt from gems.. What else could you do in an hour to get a nyan hat? Scam? That's kinda what it sounds like to me. If it was just a trade, then you should have all the items back you traded, so just trade it again. But the circumstances around it sound a bit dodgey to be honest.

    The rollback was dealt with in a great manner. The developers didn't really have to do anything. There is a legal disclaimer saying nothing can be done about lose of items or accounts. That's just what the risks are with every online game. If you don't like it, you shouldn't play.
    I think we got a sweet deal, I gained more than i lost for sure, as did most people.
    we actually got OVER compensated if anything.
    and this time.. you got rolled back an hour, which yeah, it does suck a little bit.. But when you think back to the hundreds if not thousands, of hours of playing time you've had with growtopia, 1 hour is nothing.
    The developers have given us a great game, for FREE, they have put that much hard work in constantly, from before release and after release, and you throw a tantrum because you lost an hour? It really is rude.
    I know your frustrated, but man, the developers are actually the opposite of greedy.
    You say the hat isn't where you dropped it!? Well think of every place you had it before that because rollbacks don't make items disappear, only time goes back. So it has to be somewhere.

    Go and play a couple freemiums like my little pony, dragon story, smurfsville, littlest pet shop, the simpsons game, etc which are targeted at children, and have IAP that go into the $100s range, and then compare which developer is money hungry.
    The sort of purchases those games have, is like $70 for a horse decoration. If anything, Robinson technologies is the opposite of money hungry, until the nyan hat, the most expensive item in the store was $2.. yes, two measily dollars, and that was like that for over a month. And you seriously think they are out to snatch your $2 and run for the hills with it? All IAP are reapplied if they somehow get lost. You just have to provide a receipt.

    I and a few others on the forums, have actually tried to convince them to add more IAP because of fear they aren't making enough money to even cover costs, let alone gain revenue.
    I don't know this I just fear it because its not even on the top 100 grossing list. I truly am appalled that you are so out of touch with reality that you think growtopia is a game of developers greed. Go through the suggestions thread, and you will find so many ideas the developers brought to life, and they brought them for free. Other games would have charged real money for things like racing flags, but instead the developers keep bringing out items that are completely free to us, just to please us and keep us entertained. They are the most respectful company I have ever seen in any platform in my life.. And I've played a hell of a lot of games. /rant.
    Last edited by Marosa Minnie; 03-12-2013 at 01:43 AM.

  6. #6
    Master Sorcerer ADMex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marosa Minnie View Post
    Did you know the highest IAP allowed in iOS games is $999?
    Alot of freemium games, targeted at children, such as FarmVille have in app purchases that go into the hundreds. The highest IAP of growtopia is $10. The devs could have very easily made a $100 IAP, and I'm sure people would buy it.

    Secondly, they only have one type of game currency, gems, which can be easily earnt without spending a cent. Cnoone posted in another thread that he has bought 2 nyan cat hats since they've been released without spending money.
    I seriously couldn't name another game on the planet that allows players to save up currency so fast.
    If this was any other company. They'd make you pay $20 for the hat through direct IAP, not free in game currency.
    Most games have two types of currency, coins, which can be collected in he game, then another currency like rubies, which can only be bought with real money. To which they use to their advantage, making anything decent be bought with rubies.

    The developers could SO EASILY make everything in the store cost a direct IAP, rubies, or higher amount of coins.
    $2 for a world lock? You seriously think the developers care about money?
    Another MMO creative game on ios called Deepworld. Which is terrible in comparison to GT, charges $10 to lock a world. They were released a few months ago and they only ever have about 30 people online at a time, while growtopia has had 3k players on at once, and they've had almost no advertising, clearly those players are attracted to something? They wouldn't be playing if this game was so IAP required.

    I am actually quite insulted myself that you'd even make this thread because you know for a fact this game isn't money orientated. Have you even played another freemium in comparison? Or are you just spewing hatred because you are butthurt you got rolled back an hour?
    I think it's quite clearly the latter. You have to remember, you never lose items, only time. You lost an hour. How did you get that hat? With gems? Then buy it again with gems. Or provide a receipt if your gems got rolled back and get the gems back.
    If it wasnt from gems.. What else could you do in an hour to get a nyan hat? Scam? That's kinda what it sounds like to me. If it was just a trade, then you should have all the items back you traded, so just trade it again. But the circumstances around it sound a bit dodgey to be honest.

    The rollback was dealt with in a great manner. The developers didn't really have to do anything. There is a legal disclaimer saying nothing can be done about lose of items or accounts. That's just what the risks are with every online game. If you don't like it, you shouldn't play.
    I think we got a sweet deal, I gained more than i lost for sure, as did most people.
    we actually got OVER compensated if anything.
    and this time.. you got rolled back an hour, which yeah, it does suck a little bit.. But when you think back to the hundreds if not thousands, of hours of playing time you've had with growtopia, 1 hour is nothing.
    The developers have given us a great game, for FREE, they have put that much hard work in constantly, from before release and after release, and you throw a tantrum because you lost an hour? It really is rude.
    I know your frustrated, but man, the developers are actually the opposite of greedy.
    You say the hat isn't where you dropped it!? Well think of every place you had it before that because rollbacks don't make items disappear, only time goes back. So it has to be somewhere.

    Go and play a couple freemiums like my little pony, dragon story, smurfsville, littlest pet shop, the simpsons game, etc which are targeted at children, and have IAP that go into the $100s range, and then compare which developer is money hungry.
    The sort of purchases those games have, is like $70 for a horse decoration. If anything, Robinson technologies is the opposite of money hungry, until the nyan hat, the most expensive item in the store was $2.. yes, two measily dollars, and that was like that for over a month. And you seriously think they are out to snatch your $2 and run for the hills with it? All IAP are reapplied if they somehow get lost. You just have to provide a receipt.

    I and a few others on the forums, have actually tried to convince them to add more IAP because of fear they aren't making enough money to even cover costs, let alone gain revenue.
    I don't know this I just fear it because its not even on the top 100 grossing list. I truly am appalled that you are so out of touch with reality that you think growtopia is a game of developers greed. Go through the suggestions thread, and you will find so many ideas the developers brought to life, and they brought them for free. Other games would have charged real money for things like racing flags, but instead the developers keep bringing out items that are completely free to us, just to please us and keep us entertained. They are the most respectful company I have ever seen in any platform in my life.. And I've played a hell of a lot of games. /rant.
    That............was Amazing! And i totally agree with you! That is the very reason i play GT, because it is fun, and you can get the best items through hard work, unlike a lot of games in the market. Seth and Hamumu should get the Best Devs Award, because that is exactly what they are! Thanks Seth and Ham for giving us an awesome game!

  7. #7

    Default stop... just stop

    Ok I'm starting to get tired of these stupid pointless angry letters to the devs man it's a game so stop complaining about the game and saying the devs don't care about people cuz you know what no one cares about someone they don't know and so what if they are trying to get money people have to make a living. Also be happy they are even spending the money to work on the game, it's not like there using it to wipe their ass, and if your really mad just stop playing that's going to affect them more than this stupid letter.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Soriano View Post
    This game just did a rollback, meaning they have to reload the last saved game in growtopia. I dropped a Nyan Cat Hat before this rollback happened. As soon as i logged on I never saw the hat there. Keep in mind this hat cost 25k Gems = about 14-15 dollars. They haven't enhanced their process of doing one rollback. A lot of people have been playing this game everyday. They all want to play this game for fun not play this game for fun and lose all your hard work. Last rollback cost me to re-do all my work I did and basically lost some stuff. What did they do to re-pay us back? Nothing but a Rollback Plaque , just a sad face block. (-_-) So basically (Hard Work = Sad Block)? Now everyone who lost their stuff will not get their stuff back because they didn't make a note of the stuff lost from the players. Last rollback made a lot of people angry. A lot of people cussed at the mods because of this rollback and some just quit. What do they do to those people who got mad broadcasting their anger to the mods? The mods ban them. Such cruelty. Im not sure if they care about the players or just care about the money they get.
    Hey bro i'll hook you up on the 14th with a free nyan cat hat just Private message me your username so i remember who you are.

  9. #9

    Default I've spent Too much money on this game

    God, i'm tired of these letters XD it may be just me though i mean i've spent over 500$ on this game. https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...iY0fnbLcwC_XJw And i don't plan to stop spending XD .

    I like to give things away so if you guys ever need something really cheap just PM me

  10. #10
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cr1tikal! View Post
    God, i'm tired of these letters XD it may be just me though i mean i've spent over 500$ on this game. https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...iY0fnbLcwC_XJw And i don't plan to stop spending XD .

    I like to give things away so if you guys ever need something really cheap just PM me
    wanna gimme another "black block for world lock" deal? XD

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by szdczsrf View Post
    wanna gimme another "black block for world lock" deal? XD
    Lol yea that was fun so many people joined my world and they all hated you for you the one getting (basically) a free world lock

  12. #12
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cr1tikal! View Post
    Lol yea that was fun so many people joined my world and they all hated you for you the one getting (basically) a free world lock
    All i have to say: Name:  haters_gonna_hate3.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  156.8 KB

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by szdczsrf View Post
    All i have to say: Name:  haters_gonna_hate3.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  156.8 KB
    LOL hey bro im on growtopia now if you wanna HMU

  14. #14
    Lesser Wizard
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Helping someone
    Posts
    213

    Default Misunderstanding

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Soriano View Post
    This game just did a rollback, meaning they have to reload the last saved game in growtopia. I dropped a Nyan Cat Hat before this rollback happened. As soon as i logged on I never saw the hat there. Keep in mind this hat cost 25k Gems = about 14-15 dollars. They haven't enhanced their process of doing one rollback. A lot of people have been playing this game everyday. They all want to play this game for fun not play this game for fun and lose all your hard work. Last rollback cost me to re-do all my work I did and basically lost some stuff. What did they do to re-pay us back? Nothing but a Rollback Plaque , just a sad face block. (-_-) So basically (Hard Work = Sad Block)? Now everyone who lost their stuff will not get their stuff back because they didn't make a note of the stuff lost from the players. Last rollback made a lot of people angry. A lot of people cussed at the mods because of this rollback and some just quit. What do they do to those people who got mad broadcasting their anger to the mods? The mods ban them. Such cruelty. Im not sure if they care about the players or just care about the money they get.
    I'm pretty sure the moderators care about the players considering they listen to our ideas and suggestions, they respond to problems with the game we have found. Just think about all the trouble the moderators went to to actually make growtopia! must have taken them ages!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Kautekeino
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by szdczsrf View Post
    All i have to say: Name:  haters_gonna_hate3.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  156.8 KB
    i love that text simply says it all.

  16. #16
    Super Moderator Jens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    502

    Default

    @Minnie: Truer words have seldom been spoken (on these forums, anyway). Thanks for saying what needed to be said. Case closed.
    YouTube: JensBeard
    Twitch: JensBeard

    Instagram: jensgt

    Visit JENS to find my worlds.

  17. #17
    Lesser Wizard Charcharliee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Are you guys talking about the roll back that happened like a month or two ago or was there a new one!?!
    My Worlds:
    -Producer-kingarthur-Area69-Frostbyte-TikiHotel-Tikitopia-Tikiclub
    http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/211185-...-collapses.gif
    http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/211104-...mbarrassed.gif

  18. #18

    Default

    Not really a rollback, more like a crash. It was backing up from the last save. It isn't like the 24-hour one, though. Probably about two hours at the most.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My world is EPICMANSION and GEMSAREEPIC.
    http://r9.fodey.com/2252/eb1fb10b762...c1dcdc81.0.gif
    I AM BACK!!! YAY!
    I've been on BEFORE INightmareI. That makes me an "oldie", right?

  19. #19
    Lesser Wizard LuckyStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    2fort
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marosa Minnie View Post
    Did you know the highest IAP allowed in iOS games is $999?
    Alot of freemium games, targeted at children, such as FarmVille have in app purchases that go into the hundreds. The highest IAP of growtopia is $10. The devs could have very easily made a $100 IAP, and I'm sure people would buy it.

    Secondly, they only have one type of game currency, gems, which can be easily earnt without spending a cent. Cnoone posted in another thread that he has bought 2 nyan cat hats since they've been released without spending money.
    I seriously couldn't name another game on the planet that allows players to save up currency so fast.
    If this was any other company. They'd make you pay $20 for the hat through direct IAP, not free in game currency.
    Most games have two types of currency, coins, which can be collected in he game, then another currency like rubies, which can only be bought with real money. To which they use to their advantage, making anything decent be bought with rubies.

    The developers could SO EASILY make everything in the store cost a direct IAP, rubies, or higher amount of coins.
    $2 for a world lock? You seriously think the developers care about money?
    Another MMO creative game on ios called Deepworld. Which is terrible in comparison to GT, charges $10 to lock a world. They were released a few months ago and they only ever have about 30 people online at a time, while growtopia has had 3k players on at once, and they've had almost no advertising, clearly those players are attracted to something? They wouldn't be playing if this game was so IAP required.

    I am actually quite insulted myself that you'd even make this thread because you know for a fact this game isn't money orientated. Have you even played another freemium in comparison? Or are you just spewing hatred because you are butthurt you got rolled back an hour?
    I think it's quite clearly the latter. You have to remember, you never lose items, only time. You lost an hour. How did you get that hat? With gems? Then buy it again with gems. Or provide a receipt if your gems got rolled back and get the gems back.
    If it wasnt from gems.. What else could you do in an hour to get a nyan hat? Scam? That's kinda what it sounds like to me. If it was just a trade, then you should have all the items back you traded, so just trade it again. But the circumstances around it sound a bit dodgey to be honest.

    The rollback was dealt with in a great manner. The developers didn't really have to do anything. There is a legal disclaimer saying nothing can be done about lose of items or accounts. That's just what the risks are with every online game. If you don't like it, you shouldn't play.
    I think we got a sweet deal, I gained more than i lost for sure, as did most people.
    we actually got OVER compensated if anything.
    and this time.. you got rolled back an hour, which yeah, it does suck a little bit.. But when you think back to the hundreds if not thousands, of hours of playing time you've had with growtopia, 1 hour is nothing.
    The developers have given us a great game, for FREE, they have put that much hard work in constantly, from before release and after release, and you throw a tantrum because you lost an hour? It really is rude.
    I know your frustrated, but man, the developers are actually the opposite of greedy.
    You say the hat isn't where you dropped it!? Well think of every place you had it before that because rollbacks don't make items disappear, only time goes back. So it has to be somewhere.

    Go and play a couple freemiums like my little pony, dragon story, smurfsville, littlest pet shop, the simpsons game, etc which are targeted at children, and have IAP that go into the $100s range, and then compare which developer is money hungry.
    The sort of purchases those games have, is like $70 for a horse decoration. If anything, Robinson technologies is the opposite of money hungry, until the nyan hat, the most expensive item in the store was $2.. yes, two measily dollars, and that was like that for over a month. And you seriously think they are out to snatch your $2 and run for the hills with it? All IAP are reapplied if they somehow get lost. You just have to provide a receipt.

    I and a few others on the forums, have actually tried to convince them to add more IAP because of fear they aren't making enough money to even cover costs, let alone gain revenue.
    I don't know this I just fear it because its not even on the top 100 grossing list. I truly am appalled that you are so out of touch with reality that you think growtopia is a game of developers greed. Go through the suggestions thread, and you will find so many ideas the developers brought to life, and they brought them for free. Other games would have charged real money for things like racing flags, but instead the developers keep bringing out items that are completely free to us, just to please us and keep us entertained. They are the most respectful company I have ever seen in any platform in my life.. And I've played a hell of a lot of games. /rant.
    You are amazing. And I have to agree with Deepworld. I have not made an IAP or plan too, But 2$ is cheap. I have too agree.

    Hyheyheheyehye...

  20. #20
    Knight Mark Soriano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United States, GA
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marosa Minnie View Post
    Did you know the highest IAP allowed in iOS games is $999?
    Alot of freemium games, targeted at children, such as FarmVille have in app purchases that go into the hundreds. The highest IAP of growtopia is $10. The devs could have very easily made a $100 IAP, and I'm sure people would buy it.

    Secondly, they only have one type of game currency, gems, which can be easily earnt without spending a cent. Cnoone posted in another thread that he has bought 2 nyan cat hats since they've been released without spending money.
    I seriously couldn't name another game on the planet that allows players to save up currency so fast.
    If this was any other company. They'd make you pay $20 for the hat through direct IAP, not free in game currency.
    Most games have two types of currency, coins, which can be collected in he game, then another currency like rubies, which can only be bought with real money. To which they use to their advantage, making anything decent be bought with rubies.

    The developers could SO EASILY make everything in the store cost a direct IAP, rubies, or higher amount of coins.
    $2 for a world lock? You seriously think the developers care about money?
    Another MMO creative game on ios called Deepworld. Which is terrible in comparison to GT, charges $10 to lock a world. They were released a few months ago and they only ever have about 30 people online at a time, while growtopia has had 3k players on at once, and they've had almost no advertising, clearly those players are attracted to something? They wouldn't be playing if this game was so IAP required.

    I am actually quite insulted myself that you'd even make this thread because you know for a fact this game isn't money orientated. Have you even played another freemium in comparison? Or are you just spewing hatred because you are butthurt you got rolled back an hour?
    I think it's quite clearly the latter. You have to remember, you never lose items, only time. You lost an hour. How did you get that hat? With gems? Then buy it again with gems. Or provide a receipt if your gems got rolled back and get the gems back.
    If it wasnt from gems.. What else could you do in an hour to get a nyan hat? Scam? That's kinda what it sounds like to me. If it was just a trade, then you should have all the items back you traded, so just trade it again. But the circumstances around it sound a bit dodgey to be honest.

    The rollback was dealt with in a great manner. The developers didn't really have to do anything. There is a legal disclaimer saying nothing can be done about lose of items or accounts. That's just what the risks are with every online game. If you don't like it, you shouldn't play.
    I think we got a sweet deal, I gained more than i lost for sure, as did most people.
    we actually got OVER compensated if anything.
    and this time.. you got rolled back an hour, which yeah, it does suck a little bit.. But when you think back to the hundreds if not thousands, of hours of playing time you've had with growtopia, 1 hour is nothing.
    The developers have given us a great game, for FREE, they have put that much hard work in constantly, from before release and after release, and you throw a tantrum because you lost an hour? It really is rude.
    I know your frustrated, but man, the developers are actually the opposite of greedy.
    You say the hat isn't where you dropped it!? Well think of every place you had it before that because rollbacks don't make items disappear, only time goes back. So it has to be somewhere.

    Go and play a couple freemiums like my little pony, dragon story, smurfsville, littlest pet shop, the simpsons game, etc which are targeted at children, and have IAP that go into the $100s range, and then compare which developer is money hungry.
    The sort of purchases those games have, is like $70 for a horse decoration. If anything, Robinson technologies is the opposite of money hungry, until the nyan hat, the most expensive item in the store was $2.. yes, two measily dollars, and that was like that for over a month. And you seriously think they are out to snatch your $2 and run for the hills with it? All IAP are reapplied if they somehow get lost. You just have to provide a receipt.

    I and a few others on the forums, have actually tried to convince them to add more IAP because of fear they aren't making enough money to even cover costs, let alone gain revenue.
    I don't know this I just fear it because its not even on the top 100 grossing list. I truly am appalled that you are so out of touch with reality that you think growtopia is a game of developers greed. Go through the suggestions thread, and you will find so many ideas the developers brought to life, and they brought them for free. Other games would have charged real money for things like racing flags, but instead the developers keep bringing out items that are completely free to us, just to please us and keep us entertained. They are the most respectful company I have ever seen in any platform in my life.. And I've played a hell of a lot of games. /rant.
    That's too much and im not going to read those. I only said this because of hatred. You may or may not explained it, but I've wasted 14-15$ on this hat though and i got it taken away by that rollback, which is an accident, but still though. So basically I threw away 14-15$ of cash. At first I said i was quitting but then I thought i want people to be amazed by what I do and express myself that's why I made "THECITY". I'm just tired of seeing worlds that are crappy and not detailed. ($14-$15 beats happiness of playing Growtopia) So...Yea... Im not Mad anymore.
    Hi My Name Is : Prohidden
    [I'm Always Online But May Sometimes Be Busy Due To Farming, Building, AFK, or Socializing]


    I Encourage You To Come By My World : "THECITY" - Where Creativity Blossoms! (You Won't Regret It!)

Similar Threads

  1. Help for new players and etc.
    By NeoN in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 07:13 PM
  2. New Players i can help you out
    By LOLKidz117. in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 03:33 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •