Thread: How To Talk To Moderators

Yes I know but cam you just say to me hi if your are free plz

Default Umm

Quote Originally Posted by Marosa Minnie View Post
    Thanks for making this mumu!
    You raise some brilliant points.

I often get a message saying something like "COME HERE, URGENT"
    So ill go, then they'll be like "can I have a free nyan hat?"
    I get many of those messages a day, so sometimes I simply won't respond when they send a message like that, but then I worry what if they are being scammed, so then I show up and again it's.."TRADE???"

It makes me sad because in that time about 20 messages to by often unread, to which is almost impossible to read. (It's so hard to read above messages.. It auto scrolls back down as soon as someone broadcasts or chats..)

I've been to hamumu dance parties before and I have to say they are very insightful! I'm not sure how you even answer all the questions but you do a great job at it!
    The story about your nickname is heart warming.

Another important misconception to address is the myth that mods get unlimited items, no way! That would take away the fun! (And value) we have to make items by splicing like everyone else! So please don't ask for 200 ice or 200 world locks, etc! We have to work just as hard as you do.

I can't even begin to imagine the spam the developers must get. It's really nice of hamumu to do question and answer sessions in Hamumutown, I don't think I've ever seen that in a game.
    It's cool having down to earth devs for once.
    Ok, so what DO mods get, if they don't get unlimited items?
    ~muffinsquik~
    http://muffinsquik.webs.com/muffinsquik_growtopia.png
    Check out the world MUFFINHEADQUARTERS for info on my worlds.
    Oh, and check out my epic parkour world LAVARUNNERS.
    Check out my Online Arcade GAN Arcade!
    GAN Arcade
    Follow me on Instagram! @muffinsquik
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake King
    I will take over your kingdom!
    Quote Originally Posted by muffinsquik
    Hi

But it always say mods get flood of msg and they always read the msg i want to know if it still send to the mod

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    I have always wanted to be a mod (i bet everybody does) but this sounds CRAZY! I still wanna be a mod but it makes it sound less fun. Lol
    Yeah, I would think so too. People actually don't want to be Moderators sometimes because they say they want freedom from thousands of drop games and things like that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinsquik View Post
    Ok, so what DO mods get, if they don't get unlimited items?
    They have the power to ban players(as long as they use it responsibly), they show up on /mods, if they are building a world, they can kick everyone back to spawn with some command. They can curse you. (Ban you to only hell for an hour) When they pull you, it says, you've been summoned by @_____. I think they can go through locked doors in people's worlds, and I think they may be able to build in others' worlds, but again, they only receive a modship if they are trustworthy and responsible, so they will not grief. And the can walk through walls, imagine if every block was a wooden platform! Lastly, I think they MIGHT have 99,999 gems, but by the sounds of things, I think they may have to work for gems just like us...
    Former moderator. Keeping my signature spoiler from when I was a mod because its good to follow.

Join me on Discord! link: https://discord.gg/QkSUgtj

Squire

Smile we always thanks to your effort but,

We always thanks to your effort , but we think you crack down on drop gamers is important.
    Ya as we know, moderators can't know all of them.
    But if moderators focus on drop game, users can satisfy on it very much.

Smile i hate drop games and scammers

I hate drop games and scammers my ambulance was scammed by ifartnow.if i would be a moderator i would ban all the scammers and drop game hosters.remember growtopians never do drop games and dont scamm or you will be banned my moderators and administrators.remember this

- - - Updated - - -

I hate drop games and scammers my ambulance was scammed by ifartnow.if i would be a moderator i would ban all the scammers and drop game hosters.remember growtopians never do drop games and dont scamm or you will be banned my moderators and administrators.remember this

Master Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by omegakiller View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If you were a moderator, you would NOT ban all scammers. In order to ban scammers, you must see the scam go on in person. If it happened to you before your modship, I'm sorry, but it sucks, you can't do anything.
    Former moderator. Keeping my signature spoiler from when I was a mod because its good to follow.

Join me on Discord! link: https://discord.gg/QkSUgtj

Default GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I CAN"T TALK T.T

MAYBE WRITING WITH BLUE MAYbE HELP

Lesser Knight

Default SHHHH

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHIREADTHISSHHHHHHHHHH........... Count as one of those who DID read this post

I feel for you hamumu,when i was a admin for graal classic i started to hate hosting events becuase the moment i broadcasted anything i would easily get 400-500 messeges. In graal i had to anounce that i opened a portal and a hint to its location,once filled i had to announce that it was filled,and after the winner was decided i had to announce that it ended.By the time i was finnished with the event i would average about 1200-1500 messeges that i was required to look through to make sure nothing serious in it.If there was enough admins online i could find somewhere to hunker down and sort through them if not i had to juggle reports, and approve uploads(your alowed to upload your own gfx into the game and admins have to make sure theres no copyrights and made correctly)on top of it.About 1% of those messeges were actualy serious the rest were requests,insults,false accusations, and pointless ramblings.And by the time i got to reading them there would be nothing i can do to help.
    http://i.imgur.com/cSYoJGQ.gif
    http://steamsignature.com/profile/en...8161628641.png

Everyone is a genius. But, if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

Have a problem? I have a guide for that right here

Quote Originally Posted by Massacre View Post
    I feel for you hamumu,when i was a admin for graal classic i started to hate hosting events becuase the moment i broadcasted anything i would easily get 400-500 messeges. In graal i had to anounce that i opened a portal and a hint to its location,once filled i had to announce that it was filled,and after the winner was decided i had to announce that it ended.By the time i was finnished with the event i would average about 1200-1500 messeges that i was required to look through to make sure nothing serious in it.If there was enough admins online i could find somewhere to hunker down and sort through them if not i had to juggle reports, and approve uploads(your alowed to upload your own gfx into the game and admins have to make sure theres no copyrights and made correctly)on top of it.About 1% of those messeges were actualy serious the rest were requests,insults,false accusations, and pointless ramblings.And by the time i got to reading them there would be nothing i can do to help.
    I used to play classic lot, but the lack of decent updates and the behavior of the playerbase deterred me from it so now I log on once or twice maybe every 1-2months but im on zone or growtopia other times and play era once in a while
    Graphic Artist
    http://i.imgur.com/EqmCbqB.png

Yes, I'm a girl.[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfox View Post
    I used to play classic lot, but the lack of decent updates and the behavior of the playerbase deterred me from it so now I log on once or twice maybe every 1-2months but im on zone or growtopia other times and play era once in a while
    Well i quit graal but they did come out with a railway update dusty worked on forever. Its a giant cave system that includes several new monsters, filled with hats and the ability to dive underwater(with flippers).
    http://i.imgur.com/cSYoJGQ.gif
    http://steamsignature.com/profile/en...8161628641.png

Everyone is a genius. But, if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

Have a problem? I have a guide for that right here

I understand how it would be like to get a message every 5 seconds it would drive me crazy!!

Default Yes

I agree! When I send messages to mods about drop games and bad stuff, they don't have the space to see it, since people are spamming up their chat! Thanks!
    ~Moonhunter

Default Check out my new world that will be out and people can see it

People that are new World Locks are what people sell for stuff

Squire

Unhappy

Hello Im Banned Can U Unban Mi Please On Growtopia Im Sorry For Build A DropGame With Blocks For mi Friend growtopa name : RaXzisClan THX!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamumu View Post
    My job moderating has gotten worse than difficult... it's basically impossible at this point. So I want to lay down some info so you guys can get the actual help you need instead of the personal hellos you want (if you don't know what "PM" is, it means Private Message, it's when you use /msg in the game):

1. If something bad is going on, you can definitely PM a mod about it. The sooner the better, so they can actually show up and see it happening instead of being too late and not being able to do anything. We are here to solve problems, so if you have one, we need to know. And we may not be able to respond, because a lot of people have problems, and some of them take a while to fix (or explain why we can't...). But we can't help at all if we don't know!

2. If something bad is NOT going on, DO NOT PM A MODERATOR!! It's nice that you want to say "hi" to us, or have us come visit your world, but when we are online, we are very busy trying to help people. I get one PM about every 5 seconds on average (not exaggerating, though if I only get important PMs, it'd be a lot less!) so I can't come visit you or chat, I need to help people if they need help. Never ever PM a moderator asking them to come look at your world, or just chat. It just makes the job SO much harder, and it puts the moderator in a bad position - either they spend time chatting with you and not helping people, or you think they're a jerk for not talking. No-win situation!

3. If you want to chat with a moderator and just have friendly fun times, you'll have to wait until you see them in person. Even then, there's a good chance they'll be really busy, but I know I personally hold "HAMUMU DANCE TIME" sometimes, where I just sit and dance and ignore all the PMs so I can answer questions and just have fun with people. If you see me in person, chat away. I may be too busy, but you're never bothering me by chatting publicly, even if I can't respond.

4.If you want your PM to get a response, THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT - you must say what you are talking about!!!! At least half of the PMs I receive say either "Come here I need to talk to you" or "Can I ask you something, it's important". If it's important, then ASK ME! I absolutely never respond to PMs like this that aren't asking anything at all. Your odds of getting a response go from 0% to something higher if you actually put your question in the message. I don't have the time to go back and forth with you 3 times before we even get to a question (especially since the odds are you just want me to come visit your world, not solve a serious problem). The more information you can squeeze in the better, too - who's being bad, what did they do, where did it happen (you probably don't need to say that part, if it's the place you're sending from).

5. If a moderator ignores you, they're not "ignoring you". They just can't respond because of all the stuff they have to deal with. Keep that number in mind: a PM every 5 seconds. If yours isn't important, I can't reply. So don't get mad at us, don't think we hate you, and all that. It's not personal! I'd much rather just have happy fun-time chats, but alas, if I am in the game, my time is very limited (you know I have to make this game too, right?), and about 1500 people are on there wanting something fixed, so that's just what I have to be doing.

If enough people can actually follow these rules, a lot more people would actually end up getting helped with their problems! So please, help out the mods by letting the mods help out!

(P.S. I know few people will read this, and most of the noise and distraction will continue, but hey, spread the word!)
    Listen to the Mods and Developers
    [Center]"The best revenge is massive success." - Frank Sinatra
    "A woman brought you into this world, so you have no right to disrespect one." - Tupac Shakur
    "I plan to eat with the people I starved with." - Logic
    "I'm just blessed to be eating." - Jon Bellion

Growtopia IGN: AntEater
    Growtopia Level: 47
    Quit Growtopia

Wink Yep, they're Busy

Mods won't talk to you if you just want to hangout with them they're busy. But sometimes they visit other worlds soooooo.
    Just Wait them to visit ur worlds

Serf

Default I want to know how to get direct attention from mods

Tell me plz

Default Wow

Wow... thx !