Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Talk To Moderators

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    So i really want a wand any chance u can pop into growtopiagym and give me one plz
    There is always one InightmareI there is always one....

a good tip is thinking of making a screenshot of the thing you want to bug a mod about,
    try to communicate in whole a sentence and try thinking of what to say before you make the choice of /msg a mod.
    And I think there is a way to see if there is actually a mod online but can't remember that one pretty handy before you go shouting about mods sitting on a cloud drinking tea

Yeah, I asked Hamumu something important before without saying like come here urgent or COME HERE PLZZZZZZ instead I get to the point. And he did came and help so the best way is to get to the point of what you're saying.

Default Yea...

I had a little chat with @Play, @Seil and @Seth ( @Seth was like: Me: @SEETHHH! @Seth: /yes ) @LOKSTER and @meow: I never had a chat with 'em, all the growtopians cover @LOKSTER, so I can barely see him.

Default Ya link to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Thanks for telling everyone that, Hamumu. (I think I /msged you once, I think?) The job of being a moderator seems pretty overwhelming, and it's probably worse for you since you are a dev. Maybe you should link this thread to the actual game, so people know the time to /msg a mod/dev and when not to.
    Ya you should probably link it to the game. Or like if somebody write /msg @ it will go straight to the page where it has all this information.

That would be cool, and you could do more HAMUMU DANCE TIME! Next time you do that you need to tell me. I have like 50293082932 questions to ask you, haha. I heard Meow talking about the story of your nickname, I wanna hear that too.

Good luck!
    -Paws

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPRO View Post
    My biggest chat with a moderator was @Play
    My biggest chat with a moderator was @meow
    It was fun being able to talk to her. The only reason that she was talking to me for a whle is becuase she loved the statue I made for her. It was a Nyan Cat statue.
    Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. ~Steve Job
    If you can dream it, you can achieve it. ~Zig Ziglar
    Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. ~Arthur Ashe

Its okay to be a glowstick; sometimes we need to break before we shine.

I'll try to respect this, though the only time I ever messaged a mod is when my friend's world got locked that was before I was on the forums and all.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My world is EPICMANSION and GEMSAREEPIC.
    http://r9.fodey.com/2252/eb1fb10b762...c1dcdc81.0.gif
    I AM BACK!!! YAY!
    I've been on BEFORE INightmareI. That makes me an "oldie", right?

The biggest chat I had was with @LOKSTER @PLAY @SEIL AND @MEOW and a little @SETH that's all I have had talk to for a long time

Knight

Every time i try to talk to some mod with "@" in his nick they never answer , even when i had some serious problems , only time i talked to someone with "@" was Seth lol

Lightbulb My Response.....

Get more moderators, develop a mod to user ratio.
    Joined Growtopia January 11, 2013
    Growtopia Google+ Page [UNOFFICIAL]
    Guide to giving others Acess
    Keeping Your Account Secure
    http://www.auplod.com/u/podlau72c02.png
    Clocking at: 3100 Hours of Growtopia.
    -Player3D3[/FONT]
    #2.0Growtopian

Quote Originally Posted by Garyshoo View Post
    Is being a mod harder than being a regular growtopian
    In most cases, yes. The only good thing (that I can see) is that people respect you. Most of the time they will message you to come to they're worlds, and then ask for a free nyan hat. Mods don't get whatever they want. Of course, you can help people easier, they will message you with problems. That way you can find ways to help them.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My world is EPICMANSION and GEMSAREEPIC.
    http://r9.fodey.com/2252/eb1fb10b762...c1dcdc81.0.gif
    I AM BACK!!! YAY!
    I've been on BEFORE INightmareI. That makes me an "oldie", right?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scarabcoder View Post
    In most cases, yes. The only good thing (that I can see) is that people respect you. Most of the time they will message you to come to they're worlds, and then ask for a free nyan hat. Mods don't get whatever they want. Of course, you can help people easier, they will message you with problems. That way you can find ways to help them.
    I think you missed a few qualities being a mod doesnt give you respect it gives you responsibility they indeed dont get what ever they want infact they have a harder time to get what they want because you are playing the game for the service of others that gives you les time for yourself.

and if you think a mod makes it easier to help people try and imagine 1000 puppies all runnning around in your yard causing chaos and all you have to do is enforce 1 rule and thats to behave and at the same time you have to keep them from harm aswell and just when you think thats it no you have to give them all attention aswell. if you can visualise that and still not go bonkers you will be one step closer to be what it takes to be a mod

you will also have to be good at english i mean ever seen a mod go "omg yu nubz y cnat greif there i banz y to hellz o i frget to duckshape y so y cnat tlk".

there is more but ill keep it at being a mod isnt all fun and games you take what you do serious and most of the time you are not liked for what you do.

I hope this message gets out to all the people who keep msging to moderator

Lesser Knight

Thumbs up How to really talk to moderators

So basically when you want to send a private message to moderaters in-game u start out with a Hi or Hey(hello is outdated) then you say how is your day going(THIS is very important because this will make the moderator feel a little bit better)after that you can ask how is their life(where they live)and stuff like that.If you want to go an extra mile,you can ask them about how many toes they have or how many fingers they have or you know if their back is hairy and u know all that goodie stuff.If u do all these you might actually get ban SO yea your welcome. (This post is supported by hamumu)LOL

How to really talk to moderators? It's not easy)

Quote Originally Posted by Slayyd View Post
    So basically when you want to send a private message to moderaters in-game u start out with a Hi or Hey(hello is outdated) then you say how is your day going(THIS is very important because this will make the moderator feel a little bit better)after that you can ask how is their life(where they live)and stuff like that.If you want to go an extra mile,you can ask them about how many toes they have or how many fingers they have or you know if their back is hairy and u know all that goodie stuff.If u do all these you might actually get ban SO yea your welcome. (This post is supported by hamumu)LOL
    I was reading this at first thinking... Surely not? Then I read the last few lines and realised you were trolling.
    I am not a fan of the "how was your day/how are you/tis a good day for ducks" type small talk in private message, or in real life for that matter. They're just vague time fillers. Might as well be silent. not sure why random people feel the need to greet each other when ts really not required. I'd rather just not be spoken to, then to hear the typical "hi, how are you" after walking into a store.

The best way to get a response from a moderator (or the developers) is to simply state your problem clearly and immediately, beating around the bush or asking to "come here" is quite annoying when you're not sure if they have a real problem or not. I really respect and appreciate somebody who immediately states their problem and doesn't beat around the bush with small talk.

Serf

Default Woah,wasn't realize that...Sooo Sorry Mods!!!

Woah didn't realize that Mods Are busy with others..I'm Sooo Sorry! I'll Promise i keep my MSG to Mods is limited.Haha Sorry!
    Beware of DA Hacker! Le Crafter101

His Lame World:
    -CRAFTERSW
    -SURVIVENOW
    -COLLECTIONS

And of Course thanks too:
    -Crimmeh(CrimsonEagle)
    -LordTaco
    -INightmareI
    -@meow
    -And More!

Smile Thanks

Thanks for this Hamumu I didn't know your job was so hard, I was only talking to you today as well about my epic sniper account being muted so thanks for the help.

Knight

Talking sorry.

Well, glad I read that. Now, I will no longer pm mods about non important stuff.

Default Good point , BUT

Quote Originally Posted by Player3D3 View Post
    Get more moderators, develop a mod to user ratio.
    Dude this is a good point, BUT Moderators do not just simply grow on trees. They have to be trusted for a long time, they have to be able to help people, and many more hard tasks must be complete to be proven a moderator. I for one do not care to become a moderator. Sure it's fun and all, and I LOVE helping people. But sometimes you need to realize 1. The chances of becoming a mod are really slim and 2. Being a regular Growtopian isn't bad at all! (:

YouTube | Instagram | Discord Server

Don't hide behind a mask, it will only gain you fake respect.
    Being real attracts real people, while on the other hand
    being fake attracts fake people.

"Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit,
    but with humility of mind regard one
    another as more important than yourselves" - Phil 2:3

https://45.media.tumblr.com/f770bd20...oo1_r1_500.gif

The galaxy of fluffiness and potatoes where everyone loves in harmony and hates tomatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Jackk View Post
    People forget mods have lives, too. -.-
    I know right?! Everyone is a human being except-------------------------------------------------never mind! :3
    IM BACK HUZZAHHHHHH Lets have a party with coca cola lolBY THE WAY, MY BEST FRIEND iFluffy IS PLAYING GROWTOPIA!